1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What kitchen knife do you use most frequently?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by DoctaD, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Clang!

Clang!

Jul 26, 2010
    A couple of Hennkels slicers. An 8" for general work and a 6" for more delicate use. And, an overbuilt Calphalon 8" chef's knife for when a couple lbs of produce needs to be reduced into cubes.

2. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    They are very good. The Santoku and full sized Chef are RC60 while the pair are a point or 2 lower and that is actually noticeable edge holding wise. The full sized Chef is a big overbuilt, but that is sometimes a good thing.

Sverre

3. tlbrooks

tlbrooks

Nov 9, 2009
    for heavy duty chopping I have an 8" Messermeister Elite chef's knife but for my day to day cooking for my wife and I, my 5" Wusthof Classic Santoku gets the nod.

4. JackHammer

JackHammer Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2010
    I recently added a Wustof 4582 cooks knife but find myself usually reaching for my old beat up Chicago Cutlery BioCurve.

5. grolaw

grolaw

Nov 8, 2004
    Mix of full high carbon Sabatier knives (30 years in use) - the 9" chef's and the boning see the most duty and a usuba.

6. NiceGuyJer

NiceGuyJer

Oct 11, 2010
    I use a custom Watanabe 270 mm Gyuto as my primary blade.
    She's a sexy beast.

7. somber

somber Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Old, old picture, but I use my Carter kitchen knife most of all, it's a nice knife that will pretty much cut air. ;)

[​IMG]

8. moltogordo

moltogordo

Nov 4, 2010
    May as well add my two-bits worth, seeing that this is my first post.

I use a 10" vintage Thiers-Issard Sab for 80% of my kitchen work, and a Wustof Classic parer and a 5" Sab boner for the rest of it.

Like most of you, I probably have way too many knives, and they all languish except for those above, unless I'm butchering game or fish (I'm a hunter and fisherman).

9. CAD

CAD

Jan 11, 2006
    I use a 170mm Hattori and a 165mm Tojiro. Great knives for my kitchen:thumbup:

Chris D. :D