What kitchen knife do you use most frequently?

A couple of Hennkels slicers. An 8" for general work and a 6" for more delicate use. And, an overbuilt Calphalon 8" chef's knife for when a couple lbs of produce needs to be reduced into cubes.

Very nice Bark River pair. How do you like them? How is the performance? I have a couple knives from Bark River, but nothing for the kitchen.

They are very good. The Santoku and full sized Chef are RC60 while the pair are a point or 2 lower and that is actually noticeable edge holding wise. The full sized Chef is a big overbuilt, but that is sometimes a good thing.

Sverre

for heavy duty chopping I have an 8" Messermeister Elite chef's knife but for my day to day cooking for my wife and I, my 5" Wusthof Classic Santoku gets the nod.

I recently added a Wustof 4582 cooks knife but find myself usually reaching for my old beat up Chicago Cutlery BioCurve.

Mix of full high carbon Sabatier knives (30 years in use) - the 9" chef's and the boning see the most duty and a usuba.

Old, old picture, but I use my Carter kitchen knife most of all, it's a nice knife that will pretty much cut air. ;)

4382468899_9814d4aa04_z.jpg

May as well add my two-bits worth, seeing that this is my first post.

I use a 10" vintage Thiers-Issard Sab for 80% of my kitchen work, and a Wustof Classic parer and a 5" Sab boner for the rest of it.

Like most of you, I probably have way too many knives, and they all languish except for those above, unless I'm butchering game or fish (I'm a hunter and fisherman).

I use a 170mm Hattori and a 165mm Tojiro. Great knives for my kitchen:thumbup:

Chris D. :D

Back