What Knife Do You Have Coming?

My first Sebenza...or Chris Reeve's for that matter. I finally broke down and got a 25 to see if I'll like it. Hoping so.

Just ordered a Case sodbuster jr from KC. Deep jigged blue bone with brass pins and a DT ladder damascus blade.

Along with another Estwing hammer, I ordered the Kershaw Kuro pack(tbh I don't really care about the neck knife, I just wanted to finally have a Kuro in plain edge):
kershaw-kuro-pack-1835tblkkitx-cm.jpg

Also testing out a couple of Mtech fixed blades, their Trailmaster clone and what looks like their take on a Ka-bar/Ontario SP style knife, both of which I've heard hold up significantly better than you'd expect:
Mt-151:
MT-151.jpg

Mt-096:
thumbnail.asp

I finally found a Cold Steel Finn Wolf in stock, and now have it on the way. I am also going to be picking up a Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter here shortly.

Recently, I've gotten back into serving with the BSA so I'm back to camping regularly. I ended up not wanting to take any of my nice knives with me camping, so I grabbed my Code 4 and it did great so it got me interested in getting my hands on a few more Cold Steel products.

Already own more than 100 Enlan and Sanrenmu knives, and still keep procuring more like some kind of crack addict.

Still, it figures that being addicted to knives still beats being addicted to drugs. Can't really hurt anyone with a knife if it's being used legitimately. Barring user clumsiness, that is.

I stayed up too late...stared at my phone too long...and ended up buying a Boker Kwaiken carbon fiber...it just looks so intriguing... :)

01bo298.jpg

01bo298-2.jpg

Really good. It's my first Chris Reeve's and wasn't sure how I would like it but the fit and finish is great.

-snip-
Also testing out a couple of Mtech fixed blades, both of which I've heard hold up significantly better than you'd expect
I would hope so, I don't think I can expect anything worse from them...
Good luck with the testing, I hope they work out for you.
------------
Recently, I've gotten back into serving with the BSA so I'm back to camping regularly. I ended up not wanting to take any of my nice knives with me camping.
Grab a mora companion and a hultafors heavy duty and see which you like better, gift off the other.

------------
Have a whittler coming my way. Prototype #7 of 7, and it will be a user.

Last edited:
I have been eyeing up the Zero Tolerance 0770CF for a while and pulled the trigger on one yesterday. I am excited for it to get here, it will make a nice EDC for outside of work.

After thirty years of looking at and considering one, I have a Cold Steel Trailmaster on the way. I like large bowies so we'll see if I like it...If not, it can be returned. I don't use my knives to whack cinder blocks or hammer through logs except for a couple of cheapies such as a MTec M-151 copy of the Trailmaster. It has held up surprisingly well for a cheap knife...Perhaps, the real thing might not be any better.

Grab a mora companion and a hultafors heavy duty and see which you like better, gift off the other.

Hey brother, thanks for the advice, however I already have a few Moras, and my preferred axe/hatchet is my large Estwing. :thumbup:

I camp with a Cub Scout den (Assistant Leader) so I don't use belt-knives, because the boys aren't allowed to. Seems only fair.

On topic, I have another Buck 110 on the way, American Oak with a 5160 blade.

Back