What Knife Do You Have Coming?

This one - a Busse Sar 3 with bead blast finished INFI blade

and will soon be fitted with a very cool Jeff Law RainWalker Creations leather sheath.

This will be an amazing combo. :cool:

Cheers, Ray

Last edited:
My Freeman flipper should be in Friday, pretty excited about it! Not enough manual button locks out there. I opted for a blue aluminum handled one.

Thus guy!

msk2_5rockiesedition.jpg

My favorite sheath maker by far. JL does outstanding work :)

Studied this pretty hard. There are, of course, lots of really talented leather workers. Wanted one who had done some Busse knives so I researched old BF threads to find photos and recommendations. There was the guy who makes "slippers" - very excellent work but sorry most of his versions bring up the slipper image :rolleyes:, and a few others - some with longgggg lead times, but when I found RainWalker I knew I had found my sheath. Jeff doesn't have a web site that does his work justice (I'm not a FB user - that could be better) but as I had seen photos of his work with my knife (kind-of) I was sold. His prices and lead time are very attractive too :thumbsup:. To be fair, lead times are moving targets. One day you have an 4 month lead time and then that work is done and you have a 2 week lead time. Can't be too hard on a maker for being busy. That's actually a good thing.

In this case, I have a great package coming together here and it will still be high summer when I can carry my new Busse properly. :cool:

Ray

A mora kansbol and a mora garberg. They were 40% off yesterday and I couldnt decide which one to get... so I got both. SOld my esee 4 and figure add another fixed blade to the collection. Not sure either will kick my bravo 3v out of its place but, its so cheap hard to not want to beat it up.

I have the Gerber Airlift (both colours), Paralite (Silver version) and an Index (blue handle) coming in.

I think Gerber got some really nice designs this year. Not too concerned about the 5cr13 steel being used; I've already used worse steels on a regular basis, like 440, 440A and 3Cr13.

Full size Griptillian from Applied Weapons Technology in electric blue with a raw aluminum spacer, sheepsfoot blade.

I've just pulled the trigger on a Lionsteel M4 in M390 with walnut scales. Will be my goto fixed for the extended fieldwork I have coming up in a few weeks. Classy, small/ light enough to lug around all day, yet big and sturdy enough to get the job done in a breeze.

Should be here in like a week from today - yay!

Pic not mine:
m4_wn.jpg

The AWT full size Grip with sheep'sfoot blade arrived today. It was easy to install the AWT scales and the blue and raw aluminum look fantastic! I think I'm going to have to upgrade to all stainless hardware for appearances.
I am really excited to use this knife!
0621171302.jpg

Bradford Guardian 3, M390, FFG. I'm a little worried the handle will be too short, but I guess I'll figure it out soon enough.

I am about to pickup a steelcraft bodega which I am super excited about. But I also have my grail of grails on the way. A G&G deadlock OTF with a damasteel blade, clip and button with carbon fiber overlays.

I had purchased my Dad a new Kershaw Leek for Fathers Day and got caught up in the hunt looking for him a new one, that I ordered a Kershaw Link with aluminum handles, Kershaw Spline and a ZT 0456 for myself. All to be here on Monday.
Don't know what I was thinking but I'm super excited to get them in hand. Been looking for a new sharpening system the past few nights......It never ends.

Back