What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

That would be super sweet;):D:cool:

View attachment 1389641
Pictures don’t do it justice, everything from the kauri bog handle, to the copper, brass, nickel pins, to the perfect handle shape (thank you Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist ) to the friendships that made it possible (I blame @The Aflac Duck for instigating it:)) it is my most treasured knife.
Thanks! It was a sanctioned one-off specifically made under duress as a retirement gift for Cvrobinson Cvrobinson from a group of friends. I hate making knives from scratch, way too much like actual work.;)
Wonder what you could create not under duress :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

To add to thread content, love my EDC, like my FK, always thought a simerly thought out companion folder would be a must have. Slippie, friction, maybe a Valtakis lock :thumbsup: even.

I did say emerging new patterns ;)

4" boot dagger? Oh goodie, I always wanted to be over 6' tall but never found good enough elevation for inside my boots! That boot dagger will probably make me realize my dreams! Signed: an old(er) 5'9" fatty know as Unc. Matty :D

Get taller boots. I've got a pair of 10" Nick's that's begging for a boot knife (although I'd like one side blunted due to double-edged knives being illegal as hell.

Warned for political content and foul language, both not allowed in this subforum
Illegal to own or carry? Where are you? I know Australia can't own daggers

I don't concern myself with what's illegal to own. I concern myself with what's illegal to carry.

Simple reason: if its illegal to carry, it's illegal to own. If it's illegal to carry (at all, not just in certain situations like hunting), then I have no use for it because I'm not paying good $ for something I can't actually legally use.

Add on that a swedge (not sharpened) will penetrate on a stab almost as well as a double edged knife and the difference between the double edge and the single edge is reduced to being able to cut on two slicing attacks, but daggers aren't a slicing attack kinda weapon. They are a stabbing weapon. Sacrificing 1 edge is actually pretty inconsequential to me. If the advantage pf a double edge was substantially greater I might feel different, but it's not.

I can legally strap a samurai sword to my hip and walk around in downtown. Cops might give me shit, but they'd not be able to give me trouble over the sword.

Put a 2" dagger on my belt and it's a major offense.

Go figure, but USA laws are asinine in many cases. We have a right that says we can keep & bear arms (period, no limits).....yet we have gun control and laws that prevent me from legally carrying without having a permit. Yet I have the right to bear arms (lexicon at the time in the USA, bearing something meant to carry something upon your body).

The USA is fucked, totally. We've allowed our government to divide us, strip our rights, and manipulate us. Our government isn't to be trusted because it's not serving us or the people's interests anymore (even one of the founding fathers of the USA is known to have said something to the effect of: "it is the DUTY of every american to disobey any law that runs contrary to the constitution." Mind you, our government is way more complex than "trump did this," even if our media wants to make it out that way. Trump is the best thing that has happened to the usa since ive been alive, mind you. Imho if Biden is elected, divest in the USA because we signed a suicide pact, and the rest of the world is going to jump off that cliff with us. If Biden is elected, Elizabeth Warren (she's fucking psycho) will be the actual decision maker, as Biden is not able to function as president, he can't even show for a debate against trump......

Last edited:
I don't concern myself with what's illegal to own. I concern myself with what's illegal to carry.

Simple reason: if its illegal to carry, it's illegal to own. If it's illegal to carry (at all, not just in certain situations like hunting), then I have no use for it because I'm not paying good $ for something I can't actually legally use.

Add on that a swedge (not sharpened) will penetrate on a stab almost as well as a double edged knife and the difference between the double edge and the single edge is reduced to being able to cut on two slicing attacks, but daggers aren't a slicing attack kinda weapon. They are a stabbing weapon. Sacrificing 1 edge is actually pretty inconsequential to me. If the advantage pf a double edge was substantially greater I might feel different, but it's not.

I can legally strap a samurai sword to my hip and walk around in downtown. Cops might give me shit, but they'd not be able to give me trouble over the sword.

Go figure, but USA laws are asinine in many cases. We have a right that says we can keep & bear arms (period, no limits).....yet we have gun control and laws that prevent me from legally carrying without having a permit. Yet I have the right to bear arms (lexicon at the time in the USA, bearing something meant to carry something upon your body).

The USA is fucked, totally. We've allowed our government to divide us, strip our rights, and manipulate us. Our government isn't to be trusted because it's not serving us or the people's interests anymore (even one of the founding fathers of the USA is known to have said something to the effect of: "it is the DUTY of every american to disobey any law that runs contrary to the constitution." Mind you, our government is way more complex than "trump did this," even if our media wants to make it out that way. Trump is the best thing that has happened to the usa since ive been alive, mind you. Imho if Biden is elected, divest in the USA because we signed a suicide pact, and the rest of the world is going to jump off that cliff with us. If Biden is elected, Elizabeth Warren (she's fucking psycho) will be the actual decision maker, as Biden is not able to function as president, he can't even show for a debate against trump......

Well we don't have a right to bear arms so you're ahead there at least.

blahblahblah:rolleyes:

Mind the NFL type posts by cuing in Jerry Glanville. Youngins, look him up :p

Glanville_Jerry21.jpg

No worries. I was "reminded" by a mod why bladeforums is a place I infrequently visit when I want to scratch my knife itch.

That's all I'll say on that.
that's good to hear

Back