What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

Most likely you will not see something extremely thin from CPK. A long time ago I had asked Nathan if he was against something really thin at the ricasso, say, <.125" because her didn't want some knuckle head / numbnut doing something totally inappropriate with a thinly stocked CPK, somehow breaks it and then probably starts howling and hollering about the vaunted D3V not to be all that! Nathan then confirmed that he's apprehensive about making such blades (let's say 4" or longer) for those kinda reasons. I dunno though, he may have changed his mind since then.

I can totally see that. Kind of a problem for a company that prides itself on making abuse resistant knives to toss something like that into the wild, especially with youtoob and such.

But one can dream of the effortlessness of cutting string, paper, cardboard, and opening amazon boxes, and never really having to sharpen it.

I would like to see a CPK Scandi grind Puukko and/or Leuku. Maybe a high scandi grind like Malanika.

Just ordered my first CPK knife in a standard FK2 with burlap micarta. I can hardly wait to take it camping, choosing netween the h&t with 90 degree spine or standard was rough. I figure the standard will be a bit tougher as its thicker with abit lower rc. It will be a big step up from my Garberg and Terava jaakaripuuko 140. The FK2 will compliment my LT Wright Lagom nicely.

This site and forum is great, so much to learn, BAD for the wallet though hahaha.

Any of the following:

(1) Potato Knife. Would love a preorder. Could sell them for a LOT more than they sold for before. Even at $350, I knew I would be in for a couple.

(2) Billy Mace Imel tribute dagger. Again, would love a preorder.

(3) Shiv / Pig Sticker. Even more love for a preorder.

(4) Hollow ground drop point hunter (can CPK manufacturing techniques support a hollow ground blade?)

(5) Instead of a folder . . . how about something like a stiff horn?

I'm still praying for a B&T sometime in thin blade stock sharpened at about 15 DPS. In the optimized AEB-L ... or perhaps bust out the D2 that was used on the Skinner before I found my way here. ... jus sayin ... that would be my bestest buddy (next to my dogs) through fall and winter hunting birds.

HDFK sized camp knife tipped more towards the food prep\slicey\stabby\turkey carving spectrum v.s. the chopping\batoning\whacking\log killing spectrum.

I really like this.

My favorite 6" class knife is a custom I had made out of 5/16" steel, almost ffg (but tall blade, so it's a slicing mofo).

It's so light on the belt, cuts through things like butter, and can still be used for lighter wood prep to good effect.

And because it's better at the tasks I do more often and doesnt pull my pants down (mind you, I've got a pistol and 2x mags on my belt already.....) like the heavier knives do.

The things that mean a lot to me from CPK are (in no particular order):

1. Precision machining. Every single plunge, cut, and chamfer, is spot on, even, and consistent.
2. (Goes well with #1) Handles. The handles are well designed and fitted perfectly.
3. Clear presentation of value. They are designed to cut, designed to be used, and a lot of focus is on the utility and function. They aren't just extremely well made, they are excellent tools.

I absolutely agree! What I really like about CPK is the consistent high quality. One thing I would add to your list is: CPK knives are sharp – consistently really sharp! The edge angles are the same, from the tip to the handle. I was pleasantly surprised how sharp even the large knives like the Behemoth and Behemother are.

A CPK competitor brags about their customer service, and that's good to a point. If you have a problem, send it back they say (at your expense) – in my opinion, in many cases the problem should have been caught at the factory, so the customer does not need to return it!

I was recently looking at a well-known brand of rifle scopes, considering one of their top-of-the-line models. Users talked about some of the scopes having problems, but how great the customer service is. If the scope breaks when someone really needs it, who f'ing cares about their great customer service!

Make it right the first time, and from my experience this is what CPK does – well done Nathan, Jo and crew! :thumbsup::):thumbsup:

ps, I realize any manufacturing process can have problems, and that not every single item will be perfect, but I am tired of hearing from other manufacturers "just send it back" being used to excuse sloppy manufacturing and/or poor quality control, especially on high-end expensive products! :mad:

Last edited:
Back