What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

CPK Billhook/Brush Axe??
Recently have handled Fiskars Brush Axe with 9 inch blade and around 12" handle. It was great and interestinf experiance, as because of it's geometry in woods its great blade to handle. Enjoyed it as hard as almost decided to find maker and order one with 3V steel lol. Oh and that handle is normal for use but would love to have onen with same edge geometry but longer handle like around 16-18"...

Dek3 as a dedicated slicer, thinner stock, thinner behind the bevel, 15 to 17 dps, with reasonable toughness but with edge stability as a primary focus.
that's what's coming, spent a little time working things out today, and...the steel just showed up as well- .125" stock
Magnacut will be spec'd pending Nate's endorsement

Surprised you got in bed with Amazon

It's an experiment to see if we can streamline the ordering and distribution process for the most basic knives. One of the chief complaints we have has always been the difficulty in obtaining our work. It couldn't get much simpler than ordering what you want with your groceries.

It's an experiment to see if we can streamline the ordering and distribution process for the most basic knives. One of the chief complaints we have has always been the difficulty in obtaining our work. It couldn't get much simpler than ordering what you want with your groceries.
Amazon is a dangerous and expensive game for a small businesses, you will certainly find that out.

part of the reason some of us like dealing with you is that it’s not through Amazon or a knife shop.

why not sell through your website?

good luck with it anyway

Last edited:
Amazon is a dangerous and expensive game for a small businesses, you will certainly find that out.

part of the reason some of us like dealing with you is that it’s not through Amazon or a knife shop.

why not sell through your website?

good luck with it anyway
Not Nathan, but it's been discussed before. Enough that I felt I should collect some of his remarks for the Encyclopedia

See the some discussions of "Why Amazon"

Sorry, I realized that my response could have been read as harsh. That wasn't my intention. It's a good question, enough that it spurred me to add a section to the encyclopedia.
No problem.... just seems like pissing 25% up to potentially 40% of your profits away for no reason.

anyway this reminds me of way too many work meetings and nothing to do with me... so I’m out

Last edited:
Back