What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

On the next batch of UFKs aka FK2, please offer an added option for finer SW finish (eradicating the tooling marks as much as feasible) at an added cost, please also offer AW and Satin finish in addition to antique micarta handles. Those will sell quite well, my word is like money in the bank! :D

I beg to differ. Being able to offer what people want within reason, is good business. None of those requests are really outside the realm of CPK’s current capabilities.
I'm not saying it's outside the realm of their capabilities, I'm saying anytime you introduce additional factors it complicates and slows down production. And it's not like they are having a hard time selling knives. But that decision is completely up to them. If it was my business, I would not add more to it if I'm selling out of product in minutes. But again, just my opinion.

To fill out your product line: Scale down the FK2 a bit, into a hunting / utility knife. Blade from thinner stock (say 1/8" to 5/32"), ground thinner behind the edge, in CPM 4V or Vanadis 4E, run hard Rc62-63. A 4" Blade, but keep the FK2 handle (rather than EDC handle). A slicer that still has some amount of modest toughness. And, I'd also buy the same knife, but out of S110V (Rc63) or 20CV/M390 (Rc62).

Better still, talk Crucible into producing their patented, but never produced, CPM 3V-Modified (with 2.5% Niobium and 0.11% Nitrogen).

Last edited:
Witness the incredible integral fighter Nathan posted on IG, as a stretch build, I'd like to see a subhilt fighter! CPM 3V would be most appropriate, but I've come to respect AEB-L (after having to get past steel-snobbery). Larrin Thomas has had a significant effect in this regard. AEB-L is a minimalistic steel, but in a stainless, it's toughness is tops. I'm thinking 8" to 9" subhilt fighter, left to the Carothers mind to design.

Back