What Leatherman are you carrying today?

I just got a Leatherman Wave. I will probably be exploring its usability in the next few months.

How do you carry yours (doesn't have to be just the Wave) and which Leatherman are you carrying today?

Pictures are obviously welcomed!

I always have a wave in the stock leather belt pouch. It's amazing how often it comes in handy, at such a low opportunity cost to carry. Enjoy yours!

I always have a wave in the stock leather belt pouch. It's amazing how often it comes in handy, at such a low opportunity cost to carry. Enjoy yours!

Which Belt pouch do you recommend? I got a nylon sheath with mine. and while it is okay the elastics seem to be very flimsy or easy to stretch

Surge is with me everyday at work , carried in a horizontal leather sheath .

f71b3486d302a7f784e3906a95fa82d8_zpsac47ba22.jpg

48b0f6f88184a8aecad460a370ac6bc4_zpsb29c818d.jpg

Ken

I don't carry leathermans anymore. I used to work in a shipyard and I did have the basic model always on my hip. Then I changed jobs and moved to various office settings but I still had various models of leatherman on my belt. It was about 10 years after the shipyard when I realized I haven't much used my leatherman and it was few and far between the thrill and excitement I get when someone nearby needed their eyeglass screws tightened with the mini-screwdriver on my leatherman. I came to the realization I'm not a blue collar worker anymore so I stopped carrying one.

Instead, I have several (I believe Surges -- not the biggest model but next handiest and I think its counterpart is the ordinance model) kept in different emergency bags in my vehicle trunks, at home, and at my desks. Each is accompanied by the drill bit set and the extender. I also have the skeletool handy along with the other legacy models.

I have been carrying a Leatherman PSTII usually in the knife pocket of my Tru-spec pants or sometimes in the pocket loose or in a skinth. A Pulse should be arriving tomorrow and if it fits in the knife pocket then it will replace the PSTII. I don't often use the tool so I don't like carrying the heavier ones. Wave/ST300/Vic Spirit reside in vehicles and shooting bags.

I'm on business travel currently, so I'm carrying my de-bladed red Micra.

image by Pinnah, on Flickr

I presented it to the TSA agent like this saying, "I'm about to my scissors through. There is no blade on it." She replied with a smile, "You've done this before, haven't you."

Rey, like you, my day/day work is white collar but I find the Micra get's used frequently. I pocket carry it and it simply disappears there till needed.

Leatherman Blast rides in my day pack most days. Leatherman Wave on tool bench and get's carried on my belt in a clip on holster or gets carried in my rear pocket in my vertical cell phone pocket (added on all my jeans with a sewing machine).

This is the one and only Leatherman I've ever had. I've been carrying it for 20 years now day in and day out. It's literally used daily on everything imaginable. :thumbup:
6FF14D03-6FD0-41DA-B53E-2BE73B41657A_zpsjfokevoo.jpg

5ABB83C4-6126-413A-ADEE-042D593985A2_zpsrfshblby.jpg

Nice AZR! I think I have the "super" version of yours...it adds an extra serrated blade.

OrigSuperTool_zps85d26147.jpg

It's traveled many a mile with me. Carried it till I bought a Core (which broke the first time I used it half hard).

My old Super Tool now lives in a small trouble/survival kit mounted on a "pickup gun" scabbard.

I'll try to do pics of the scabbard later....thunderstorms forecast all day here.

Juice S2 in my right front pocket for when I'm out and about. Just the standard Super Tool in my pocket when I'm in the yard working on something. Honestly I was very surprised how often the S2 comes in handy during every day tasks and also how capable the "little guy" is even when compared to the larger models. Plus it's always handy to have a pair of scissors on you!

My EDC for nine years, along with a Micra, and I mean EDC. Used it for a whole bunch of stuff, including several "emergencies." I liked it well enough that I didn't even look around for anything else until the Charge came along and I was seduced by one hand opening blades and suchlike newfangles. Once in a while I still use the original Super Tool, but keep it mostly out of nostalgia.

Carried my Wave at work all week the last four days. I carry it on my belt in an old Gerber sheath that is much slimmer than the LM sheath. It doesn't hold the bit kit, driver, or my AAA flashlight, but it is easier to carry. The Wave is an amazing tool, and is THE Leatherman as far as I am concerned. Only thing I would change about it is the scissors, but not sure what I would even replace them with.

Off work this week I'll likely tote a Victorinox Tinker or Farmer, or possibly my Leatherman PST. The PST can pocket carry, but I find its size and weight go unnoticed on my belt in the original sheath. Its a slim package. Outdated for sure, but still a very useful and capable tool.

Surge is with me everyday at work , carried in a horizontal leather sheath .

f71b3486d302a7f784e3906a95fa82d8_zpsac47ba22.jpg

48b0f6f88184a8aecad460a370ac6bc4_zpsb29c818d.jpg

Ken

That looks like a good sheath. I personally really don't like the nylon sheath it came with. Is this sheath you have available online or somewhere to purchase? I have another leather sheath but it sits vertically and it poked my side one time too many.

I bought a Wave a few years back and wasn't using it much until I had to ditch my knife collection (leaving me with 2 Busses and a BK2) when I ended up jobless. I was carrying smaller knives as EDC (SAR3, TK4, TK5) but sometimes that didn't go that well around. I started wearing my Wave when doing landscaping work and I recently decided to keep it on me at all times. I have a whit-ish collar job (mid-management position) and I find I use the Wave's features pretty much every day. Frankly, the more I use it the more I can appreciate all the design and manufacturing quality that the company puts in. I used to wonder why would anyone spend $100 on a folding tool when you can get a "similar" one at Home Depot for a fraction of the cost. Now I get it. There's just NO comparison. Just the weight difference in itself is revealing enough. I have a bunch of SAKs as well (had SAKs for over 30 years), but they're not as solid. Good backups I keep in the car and stuff, but not as primary (for me at least).

This is the one and only Leatherman I've ever had. I've been carrying it for 20 years now day in and day out. It's literally used daily on everything imaginable. :thumbup:
6FF14D03-6FD0-41DA-B53E-2BE73B41657A_zpsjfokevoo.jpg

5ABB83C4-6126-413A-ADEE-042D593985A2_zpsrfshblby.jpg

I didn't realise that you are a dedicated Leatherman carrier like me .
I've always liked the rounded squareness ( if that makes sense ) of those Leatherman sheaths .
The design and size of those old leather ones is very clever , it's just a shame the leather quality wasn't better .
I must see if I can find an old one somewhere and have a good look at its construction and have a go at my own version of what always sticks in my mind as the real Leatherman sheath :)

Ken

I've been using Leathermans (Leathermen?) since the late 80s. Unfortunately, several of mine have grown legs over the years, but it's allowed me the opportunity to try out several. I've had two of the original PSTs, one of the old Super Tools, and three Waves (one of the old-style waves and two of the new ones w/replaceable bits). I'm currently using the Wave in the leather/elastic pouch. It fits in the sheath with the two hard plastic sheaths for the various bits and I keep a diamond sharpener stick (the kind that looks like a pen) clipped in one of the little sleeves on the side. 90% of the time it's in my briefcase or pannier bag on my bike, but I still find occasions to wear it on my belt. I find that at home I tend to use the Wave about half the time when I need a tool, rather than go to the toolbag...

surge in the stock leather pouch-at the school bbq event today.I was barby meister .:)

Back