What Leatherman are you carrying today?

I carry my sideclip daily. I carry it in my pocket like a knife and its tools are more than adequate. If I need any other implements I usually just plan on grabbing something from my toolbox. I really wish leatherman still made the sideclip- the only thing I wish it had were scissors.

Just bought my first real Leatherman. A WINGMAN from Wally World.
Now to find a belt sheath/case for it. I'm sorry, but I don't trust clips.

EDIT: Is there a way to modify the scizzors to utilize a SAK scizzors spring? A spring loaded scizzor would be an improvement.

Although I always have a Wingman in my Maxpedition Fatty organizer, I typically carry either the Wave or Charge on my belt - though I have been toting around a Rev for the past two days.

I often carry the Juice XE-6 in my pocket. A little one the heavy side for pocket carry, but a handy little tool.

I should do what dude said earlier in the thread and get some sort of leatherman for each vehicle.

afishhunter.

I carry my wingman every day at work and love it, unless yours is somehow different it should have spring loaded scissors. They are kind of funky though you have pull the scissor out then open the scissors and then fully extend the them until the spring locks in place. Hope that makes sense.

Just bought my first real Leatherman. A WINGMAN from Wally World.
Now to find a belt sheath/case for it. I'm sorry, but I don't trust clips.

EDIT: Is there a way to modify the scizzors to utilize a SAK scizzors spring? A spring loaded scizzor would be an improvement.

Not really. You would be better off getting a pair of SAK scissors (91mm) and putting those in, in place of the Wingmans original scissors. I have seen it done before. You will most likely have to drill out the pivot hole on the SAK scissors a bit to fit though. Just my guess though. After that they should slip right in.

I would ask someone who has done the mod first just to confirm though.

afishhunter,

I just re-read your post. Are you saying your Wingmans scissors are not spring loaded or do you just want it to use a SAK scissor spring instead of the style spring Leatherman uses?

I picked up a New Surge about 2 weeks ago and have it on my belt this weekend. I like it and love the Leather Sheath that came with it.

I usually carry my Charge ALX but today I have my beat up almost broken Fuse on my while I work around the house.

I've always got my juice s2 in a small pouch on the front of my EDC bag. It comes in handy very often.

For about 2 weeks I have been dangling a Rebar into my LF pocket, where it fits nicely behind my billfold. Along with it tucked into my fifth pocket is a Rambler attached to a Photon Freedom micro light. It's a change from my usual Charge TTi outfit, but seems to be working for me... for now, at least.

Had the Rebar handy today...old pic.

Contest%20Rebar_zpsqpdtk1ud.jpg

Back