what lights ya carry??

I was a die hard surefire fan till I stumbled upon fenix. those guys make a sweet light.

Surefire E2D Defender with a TLS Cree Q5 led conversion head - 220 lumens.....

oh boy - where do I begin... I'm a surefire fiend.

I escaped from candlepower forums after a year long addiction to lights. Here is a current running list of the lights I kept after thinning the herd:

Ra Clicky 140-Tactical + deep bezel down Ti clip
Ra Twisty 85-TR + Nova-tac “new style” clipNitecore D10 R2
Arc-AAA P GS (2x)
Petzl E+Lite
Princeton Tech EOS II Rebel
Glo-Toob Lithium green LEDs
Inova X5 red LEDs
Surefire E2L + E2DL tail
Surefire E1B + Z68 tail
Surefire E2DL
Surefire C2-HA + SW01 “slim” + FM34
Surefire C2-HA + Z48
Surefire 6P
Surefire 6PL bored for 18650 + Z59
Surefire 9P + 6PD bezel + Z59
Surefire G2 Yellow
Surefire G2 Yellow + 6P bezel
Surefire G3 Black + 6P bezel
FiveMega “3P” body + 6P bezel + Z59
Leef 1x18650 (nat) + C2 bezel + SW01 “fatty” + FM34
Leef 2x18500 (nat) + C2 bezel + Z58
Leef 2x18650 (nat) + C2 bezel + SW01 “fatty”

And a bunch of P60/P90 drops-ins to throw in whichever, whenever:

Malkoff M60
Malkoff M60L
Malkoff M60LL
Malkoff M60W (x2)
Malkoff M60WL (x2)
Malkoff M30
Malkoff M30W
Malkoff M30WF
Surefire P60L (x2)

My Ra Clicky, Surefire E2DL and Leef 1x18650 with a Malkoff M30W get the most use.

I carry on me my Ra Clicky and usually a few lights in my EDC bag. The Arc-aaa is always on my keys (and another on my work keys).

Fenix P1D....a great light.

Very small (a little bit larger than the CR123A battery that is uses), and very powerful.

I would change a couple things about it....it has two "flashing" modes that I haven't found a use for yet, and the primary light is a little too bright - I would prefer the primary to be a little less powerful, and save a little battery....

But, it's a great light, and a great companion for the Izula!

I have a few non LED surefire's that just sit because they EAT batteries so bad.

I have 2 Inova lights that have served me very well, small, LED and well built.

I have about 400 Maglights, big, small, short and tall and 20 different colors. Most all of them are converted to LED with the cheapie kits from China mart. Not the brightest or most "tactical" but they work as a flashlight, a baton, a paperweight, a truck bumper, a boat anchor, a rolling pin, a prybar, a window breaker, nutcracker, winch, fire poker, tire thumper, lynch pin, shovel and a wooden leg.

I also ordered a few lights from dealextreme.com. They are Surefire knockoffs and I don't deny that nor do I feel particularly good about it but I needed a few crazy bright lights and just can't swing a few hundred bucks a peice for them so for about 50 bucks a peice I got monster lights with triple Cree heads that are brighter than auto headlights and I won't have a nervous breakdown if I loose one.

My fav is a photon knock-off from county comm. I think it was 1.95 and came with a clip. I have five of them and they will not quit. One for dog walking (picking up poo), one on a coat, one in the car etc...
T
ps. poo

yeah, I'm kinda a light junkie too. I have SF- 6pled, E2L, L4, Fenix-P2D PD30 P1D (on order) I guess one can never have too many lights.

For a personal flashlight, I really loved the Sure-Fire E2e. I had two of them at one time. I bought my first Sure-Fire, a 9P, back around 1991 or 1992, don't remember now. Awesome light, all of them eat batteries like some type of electronic lithium junkie. I just stopped using them. As far as their LED models, I never purchased one because there are other people making excellent LED flashlights and I'm not paying them for their name while they deliberately hold back on their LED designs and charge top dollar for them but don't advance them because they don't want to put their lamp business in the crapper. I can live without them.

Right now I use Photon Doug Ritter Models and another, older Photon II. CountyComm SO-LEDs which are excellent little nasty lights!

I have a Fenix E20 (2 AAs) and EO1 (1 AAA) and want to get a couple of the 1 AA models. The E20, using 2 AA batts is basically kicking out more than a Sure-Fire 6P and I think as much if not more than the 9P. They're awesome lights.

But the really cheapskate model that you should all go out and get is the true penlight, it's made by Energizer and has the same Nichia LED as the Photon Freedom Micro but has a bit more throw because it uses 2 AAAs instead of 2 button cells...is the Energizer Brand Penlight. About $7.00 at AutoZone and it is EXCELLENT!

Surefire 6P with a drop in LED head in my BOB, new ARC AAA 'round my neck at all times and a Fennix L1P on my keys.

Oh boy, where do I start. Mag lights, Surefire, Fenix. I seem to have more than a few. My favorite right now is the Fenix LD10. Powered with a single AA, strobe and SOS. I much prefer a light that uses a standard, easily available battery. This little light goes with me everywhere.

My favorite right now is the Fenix LD10. Powered with a single AA, strobe and SOS. I much prefer a light that uses a standard, easily available battery. This little light goes with me everywhere.

Yes, survival lights should be LEDs and be dumpster-diving powerable lights. :D

How much did you pay for that one? That is one I have been looking at getting.

I carry a SF E2D with a Tactical night vision LED bezel assy. Great light, good runtime, BRIGHT!!! Been carrying it for a bit over a year now. Also carry the Glotoob lithium in the man purse shoulder bag. Take the M6 out at halloween and other nights the family goes walking around the neighbood. The M3T was my first Surefire. Now own 20 of them. The 870P has a 618FA with LED converison. The M4gery has a M500AB. Own a few others from other manufactures. But the E2D is great. I have gone thru a down international airports/ countries with it. Never had security say anything other than nice light. But it can be a improvised weapon... just like the wilderness belts I wear.

lights1.JPG

Back