what lights ya carry??

Old Petzl Tikka Plus headlight. (Someday I'll get a Zebralight)
Fenix L2D with LSD NIMH cells.
Maglite 3C with Malkoff dropin and LSD NIMH cells. Great light for around the house.
Next light will probably be that Nitecore EZ-AA if the reviews are good.

Last edited:
Next light will probably be that Nitecore EZ-AA if the reviews are good.

I got mine on Friday and it really is a nice little light. To compare it to the Fenix P2D or PD20 with Q5 emitter: it's got a cooler tint, narrower beam due to the narrower but deeper reflector. Sweet spot is about the same on both, low seems about equal (although the PD20's battery is a bit older) and Hi on both seems about equal during initial testing. Turbo on the PD20 is definitely brighter.

All in all I think it's a great AA light and the USB rechargeable AA NiMh battery that came with mine is really convenient. I'm usually in front of one of my PCs most of the time so whenever the battery starts getting weak I'll just need to pop it out of the EZ AA, pop the top off the +ve end of the battery and plug it into the USB port on my PC. The initial charge took about 8hrs for the light to turn off indicating a full charge.

I want my two next flashlights to be one of the Zebra lights and a something like the EagleTac M2 but with battery configuration of 3 CR123 batteries total instead. I'm not too partial to having to use 8 AAs or similar like the Fenix TK40 requires.

I must be kinda boring looking at the above but..Petzl Tikka x1; tactikka x 1; MyoXP x 1; and a couple of mini mag lights. They all work fine!

Hmm, hardly anyone uses Novatac it seems. My 120-P has been a toddler's plaything -- thrown, drowned, switched by fingers that only understand full-stop and full-throttle. It fell into the flame of a commercial range and got lodged against the burner, from where I rescued it before it got too hot. I use it daily and like it a great deal. Just wish it used AA.

That's EDC. For more involved uses, I have a Petzl Tactikka XP for every member of the family, running AAA Eneloops. Nice headlamps.

Got an LED drop-in for a large Mag.. definitely worthwhile. Debating whether to get a drop-in for an ancient and beat up SF. The rubber bits have become brittle, and I'm not sure whether replacements are even available.

Well....

River Rock AAA LED
Huntlight FT-03PJA2 type II
Victorinox AAA LED
Victorinox AA LED
Pentagon Molle LED
MagLite AAA
MagLite AA
MagLite 4D

and a few more... :) I EDC the Victorinox AAA because it rides in the sheath next to my Fireman SAK, and I have the same sheath with the MagLite AAA (with the same SAK). The Rock and the HuntLight are my favorites.... but they all work well.

I carry a Nitecore EX10 on my keychain. Its bright and its tiny and has great run times.
For work I have a couple of Streamlight Stylus pen lights. One is a white LED and the other is a UV. I also carry a Streamlight Stylus pro in my pocket at work.
I carry a Fenix T1 in my truck.
I also have:
Pentagon Light: two X3s. One is mounted to my AR
Surefire: G2, Z2, C3
Streamlight: Ultrastinger
Fenix: I have about 4, cant remember the exact models right now
Nitecore D20
Blackhawk Gladius

I just received an Olight M30 Triton. 700 lumens of fury. Im running that with two 18650s

Also have an assortment of Maglights.

Fenix EO1. I mainly chose it for its small size. Its not "tactical" bright, but it is bright enough for most task.

Surefire E2D as well, and a photon microlight on my key chain which is surprisingly bright.

I finally got around to taking some new shots of my lights. Here's one for size reference.

From Left to Right including battery size in backets:
Maglite MiniMag (1xAAA), NiteCore EZ AA (1xAA), Civictor V1 (1xAA), Fenix P1 (1xCR123), P1D CE with Leef Body (1xCR123), P2D (1xCR123), P2D with Q5 (1xCR123), PD20 (1xCR123), Surefire E1e (1xCR123), Streamlight Scorpion Incandescent (2xCR123), Streamlight TwinTask (2xCR123), Wolf Eyes Raider Incandescent (3xCR123).

Not shown: Photons, Fauxtons, Mini Fauxtons and I'm sure I'm forgetting others.
flashlightcollection200.jpg

By naturalmystic at 2009-06-14

Last edited:
I've got a 2d Mag light mounted just under the shifter in my Cherokee. It works

I've got a 2d Mag light mounted just under the shifter in my Cherokee. It works

Oh yeah, I forgot about the 4C Maglite I have in my closet. I haven't used it in years but it still works. Crazy thing with these new lights. I'm sure my little PD20 would outshine that 4C Maglite, it's crazy bright for the size.

Just got a SF E2DL a little while ago of the exchange, quite a little beastie of a light :thumbup: It now lives in my EDC backpack. Still lookin to try out Nitecore soon :)

a Brand I have and really like is ITP. I carry and use the C9 version which uses 1 CR123 battery and is blazing bright.

The brand is not well known yet, but their quality is on par with the big boys and if I were a betting man, I would say they are made by the same people who make Olights.

Ah yes, the iTP, I've seen more and more references to them recently, another one to check out :thumbup:.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the 4C Maglite I have in my closet. I haven't used it in years but it still works. Crazy thing with these new lights. I'm sure my little PD20 would outshine that 4C Maglite, it's crazy bright for the size.

That may be the case, but if SHTF you can always take a mag light and use it as a weapon.........

Back