What Maker would you pick right now??

Cjwknives

Platinum Member
So I am sure this topic has been done to death but I am wondering if you could have any maker right now no waiting what top one or two makers would you pick to do a custom folder,what custom folder would you do, and what materials and blade type if you want to get that specific .(Pics Would be awesome)
I just got Peter Rassenti on two custom jobs for me and they are amazing. Both Large Nirvanas because all he is doing right now is Large Nirvanas and Druids. My next maker I am trying to get on his books is Jason Guthrie. (Here are the two I have coming )
0955935e6ce145589fde2b269e74ee50.jpg

e8eb4d94cfd104aae7c186df9185d0db.jpg

So these were the two I absolutely had to have from Peter now I am trying to find another maker and would like to see what some of you pick and what type of knife and materials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I could have any 2 custom makers?
1. Seamus Knives. I own 2 of his knives, and they are amazing.
2. Tom Mayo. I LOVE his work so much, and HAVE owned his knives in the past, and I wish I STILL had them. Life got in the way, and I needed to sell them.
In case no one has seen my Seamus knives, here are pix of them. The first one is the Irish Uber Crossover with Celtic back spacer, and the second is a small cracked Uber.

Last edited:
They're not terribly practical and I'm sure I'd almost never actually use it, but I'd kill for a Ron Appleton blade.

559802.jpeg

Here are my two picks

1. Custom Dmitry sinkevich coordinal. Mirrored M390 blade. Titanium handle with his more intricate leaf pattern. parts of the cutouts in the handle would be inlaid with marble carbon fiber. Purple of course.

2. Custom G&G deadlock OTF. Ti handle center anodized to a dark brown. Custom silver twill g10 overlays that used a purple tinted resin so that the silver twill would be purple twill. Hand rubbed satin dagger blade with a fuller. Button would be anodized Ti to match frame.

Rod Olson, his work and grinds are absolutely amazing, as is his use of the push button lock, the most solid lock up i've ever felt on a push button... it's amazing.

I would choose something from Tom Krein or Brad Southard I think.

I would really like to get one of Tom's Splinter models. Probably something like the below configuration but with marbled carbon fiber and a satin blade finish.

From Brad I would probably pick a simpler build like this Tarsus below.

Or something way more intricate...

Great picks guys. Never had a Mayo but have had my eye on a few.
That Ron Appleton looks like a awesome show piece.
PurplEDC that custom Dmitry coordinal looks awesome and how you want it done would look awesome.
I like the looks of some of Rod Olsons and would be happy to pick one of his up.
And I have always wanted a full custom Brad southard. Did have his tolk that he did some custom work to the blade and action it was on par with my shiro.
Thanks for all the picks so far guys these are makers that I would love to get on any of their books.

Rod Olson, his work and grinds are absolutely amazing, as is his use of the push button lock, the most solid lock up i've ever felt on a push button... it's amazing.

I would LOVE a Rod Olsen knife too. I have recently become more interested in him.

This is a fun thread!!

I would love to get another small Mayo Covert. This used to be the knife I swam with.

I would choose something from Tom Krein or Brad Southard I think.

I would really like to get one of Tom's Splinter models. Probably something like the below configuration but with marbled carbon fiber and a satin blade finish.

From Brad I would probably pick a simpler build like this Tarsus below.

Or something way more intricate...

From here those look like Indys, nice boots.

Marcin Slysz

Simple clean looking designs that I gravitate towards and I would use the heck out of. :thumbup:

I have been wanting a Richard Rodgers mid size 4F for a while now. I just am having a hard time with
paying $1500 for an edc pocket knife. Like the Mayos, I've had 3 or 4 in the past but now they are
$2000 and up. Maybe some day.

Right now my grails are,

Todd Rexford - Hot Hammered Cesium
Brad Southard - Flippin Tanto
Peter Carey - Tory
Tom Krein - Alpha
Haley DesRosiers - Gyuto kitchen knife

I would also list something from Bob Ohlemann & Rob Carter, but I am actually getting knives from them this year!!

Marcin Slysz

Simple clean looking designs that I gravitate towards and I would use the heck out of. :thumbup:

Great pic btw ^^
I love my Slysz Bowie and Techno so I would love to own a full customs through Marcin Slysz. His latest model he was taking orders for though was something I was not a big fan of here are some pics.
f8c4de4dc56f791ddc08a082a6a53cd5.jpg

ec0a4a2ee648f982182ef04ef0e2da79.jpg

2da5c951cdb32d8502250f4e80b659f1.jpg

Great pic btw ^^
I love my Slysz Bowie and Techno so I would love to own a full customs through Marcin Slysz. His latest model he was taking orders for though was something I was not a big fan of here are some pics.
f8c4de4dc56f791ddc08a082a6a53cd5.jpg

ec0a4a2ee648f982182ef04ef0e2da79.jpg

2da5c951cdb32d8502250f4e80b659f1.jpg

Yah. I've had a Techno and still a Bowie and Spydiechef. Awesome knives all of them.

Hmmmm. Can't say I'm very fond either of that prototype but I'd imagine it's gonna fill his books up some more anyways. ;)

Yah. I've had a Techno and still a Bowie and Spydiechef. Awesome knives all of them.

Hmmmm. Can't say I'm very fond either of that prototype but I'd imagine it's gonna fill his books up some more anyways. ;)

Oh yea his books were filled in minutes If I remember right. I wasn't shocked the guy makes awesome knives.

For a traditional I would get a TA Davison.

For a modern.... Im not sure. I like some of Les George's stuff. I would have to do more research

Back