What Maker would you pick right now??

I think I'd have Lee Lerman make me this Hydra. Oops, too late! :)

Oh.. my ... god.... This thing is beautiful. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the most quoted image on this thread!

Apart from the lovely purple and pattern welded steel theme. I really dig the shape.

Is there any commercial production line knife that even has this kind of shape? Thanks for sharing.

if you could have any maker right now no waiting what top one or two makers would you pick to do a custom folder,what custom folder would you do, and what materials and blade type if you want to get that specific .(Pics Would be awesome)

What maker would I pick right now ? ?
Well I held off answering that so I wouldn’t jinx it . . . until today . . . what I would be looking at came in the mail today and I have it in pocket so it is now safe to answer.

What do you suppose I am going to answer ? I have knives with M390 and M4 and black ceramic Zirconia coupled with Titanium and carbon fiber and ultra modern KreyEx (hey I LOVE that stuff) and I have this kind of blade lock and that kind of blade lock and those other kinds of blade locks that people love to hate . . . so . . . where is he going next . . . where does one go from there ?

Well Case of course ! ! !
A full size trapper of course !
The ultra cool and ultra CLASSIC walnut bone . . .
of course !

Not exactly what you asked for but . . . I am into thinner blades . . . TOTALLY into this trapper clip blade shape

Really digging this; I was a sucker for the lines crossing the bolsters and the bone is dyed the color of root beer. I know they have a root beer but . . . anyway.

And no Case has not gone down hill. This thing is just great. Way better workmanship than my Boker Trapper in green and black that I have been posting about and bought a few months ago. Specifically the brass liners on the Case are nicely debured and finished (the Bokers were raggedy assed) . . . and the springs / blades walk and talk are very nice and consistent from trapper to trapper (Boker can be really hit or miss here).

I am TOTALLY PLEASED ! ! !
Thank you Case and Thank You American Workers at Case ! ! !

So THAT’s what / where I went right now.

And no the blades do not have those scuff lines on it like in the second photo. That is just a smear and went away at some point. The blade polish is fine.

I am going to look into Seamus, I really like those designs. Of course I would also mark out for a classic Terzuola

Received my Grimsmo Rask and it is a top notch design and build.

I recently got burned on a deal for a vintage Greg Lightfoot 458 Magnum (long story short: eBay sucks). I ended up pulling the trigger on this Bob Dozier Little Workhorse instead:

Little_Work_Horse___Carbon_Fiber_181543_1.jpg

Little_Work_Horse___Carbon_Fiber_181543_3.jpg

It's from his "Raptor Series," which means thick CF scales with a titanium partial liner and lock on one side. With its 3.5" blade and CF scales, it's less than half the weight of the original Workhorse folder (4.25" blade and titanium scales): just 3.5 ounces for a fairly beefy knife.

I'm not enough of a Dozier nerd to know if the knives made in his St. Paul workshop are held in the same high regard as the original "Arkansas-Made" models ... but it's my first true custom. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

I recently got burned on a deal for a vintage Greg Lightfoot 458 Magnum (long story short: eBay sucks). I ended up pulling the trigger on this Bob Dozier Little Workhorse instead:

Little_Work_Horse___Carbon_Fiber_181543_1.jpg

Little_Work_Horse___Carbon_Fiber_181543_3.jpg

It's from his "Raptor Series," which means thick CF scales with a titanium partial liner and lock on one side. With its 3.5" blade and CF scales, it's less than half the weight of the original Workhorse folder (4.25" blade and titanium scales): just 3.5 ounces for a fairly beefy knife.

I'm not enough of a Dozier nerd to know if the knives made in his St. Paul workshop are held in the same high regard as the original "Arkansas-Made" models ... but it's my first true custom. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Great looking knife!! Is it a flipper? If so that is a tiny flipper tab on that knife. Very cool. You will have to post some pics on here when you get it in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am going to look into Seamus, I really like those designs. Of course I would also mark out for a classic Terzuola

Received my Grimsmo Rask and it is a top notch design and build.

Post some pics of your Rask if you get time . Also I would love to have Bob Terzuola do a custom knife for me. His work looks amazing and all I hear is nothing but great feedback about his knives.

What maker would I pick right now ? ?
Well I held off answering that so I wouldn’t jinx it . . . until today . . . what I would be looking at came in the mail today and I have it in pocket so it is now safe to answer.

What do you suppose I am going to answer ? I have knives with M390 and M4 and black ceramic Zirconia coupled with Titanium and carbon fiber and ultra modern KreyEx (hey I LOVE that stuff) and I have this kind of blade lock and that kind of blade lock and those other kinds of blade locks that people love to hate . . . so . . . where is he going next . . . where does one go from there ?

Well Case of course ! ! !
A full size trapper of course !
The ultra cool and ultra CLASSIC walnut bone . . .
of course !

Not exactly what you asked for but . . . I am into thinner blades . . . TOTALLY into this trapper clip blade shape

Really digging this; I was a sucker for the lines crossing the bolsters and the bone is dyed the color of root beer. I know they have a root beer but . . . anyway.

And no Case has not gone down hill. This thing is just great. Way better workmanship than my Boker Trapper in green and black that I have been posting about and bought a few months ago. Specifically the brass liners on the Case are nicely debured and finished (the Bokers were raggedy assed) . . . and the springs / blades walk and talk are very nice and consistent from trapper to trapper (Boker can be really hit or miss here).

I am TOTALLY PLEASED ! ! !
Thank you Case and Thank You American Workers at Case ! ! !

So THAT’s what / where I went right now.

And no the blades do not have those scuff lines on it like in the second photo. That is just a smear and went away at some point. The blade polish is fine.

Very cool knife. Thanks for the share.

Great looking knife!! Is it a flipper? If so that is a tiny flipper tab on that knife.
I doubt it. I believe it's just a design feature: a tiny, pointed finger guard is kind of a Dozier signature.

Back