What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Hey, Augie!!
Sorry I missed that news of your shoulder surgery!:( I hope it is healing OK!!:thumbsup: You have to lift those beautiful knives you collect!!:D
Take care my friend!!:)

memo0008-jpg.975612

been after an I*XL for a while, realy enjoying carrying it

Now to find a drop point with sawcut bone...

Hello Augie, hope you heal up soon. Ive heard physical therapy and strengthening the shoulder can be a bear. Good day and nice knives

Hey, Augie!!
Sorry I missed that news of your shoulder surgery!:( I hope it is healing OK!!:thumbsup: You have to lift those beautiful knives you collect!!:D
Take care my friend!!:)

Willard, Charlie, thank you, because of the Covid I had to wait for the surgery and I was afraid it would interfere with the Rendezvous again this year, luckily they got me in as soon as they could and I should be well enough recovered to attend, did not want to miss 2 years in a row.

Unfortunately, I am faced with a long flight, and an international border to cross, to get to the Rendezvous, so I don't know if I will get there this year, John!!?? I still have reservations, and harbor some optimism, but we'll see!!:rolleyes:
Knife content:p: Haven't posted these in a while!!
Two antique Barlows inspired me to produce the second Ancient!!
I remember getting that Furness on the left from you, Augie Augie !!:eek:
Thanks again!!:DComparison with old 1.jpg

Unfortunately, I am faced with a long flight, and an international border to cross, to get to the Rendezvous, so I don't know if I will get there this year, John!!?? I still have reservations, and harbor some optimism, but we'll see!!:rolleyes:
Thanks again!!:DView attachment 1346507

I sure hope you can make it Charlie, Rendezvous would not be the same without you, it's early enough yet that hopefully everything will be worked out by then.

You got both those old ones from me, I think you wanted the one with the lighter dye to see if you could match a dye up for your Ancients, I forget the name of the dye. Those spear blades also match up very well to your Ancient.

Keeping fingers crossed that everything works out for the Rendezvous.

I hope that you are joking Charlie . John is correct in that it would not be quite the same without you around there my friend .

Harry

I sure hope you can make it Charlie, Rendezvous would not be the same without you, it's early enough yet that hopefully everything will be worked out by then.

You got both those old ones from me, I think you wanted the one with the lighter dye to see if you could match a dye up for your Ancients, I forget the name of the dye. Those spear blades also match up very well to your Ancient.

I hope that you are joking Charlie . John is correct in that it would not be quite the same without you around there my friend .

Harry

I am ever grateful, John!! The dye is "Logwood Dye (hematoxilyn), from a central american shrubby tree! Extracted from the wood it was used to dye royal robes, and a couple hundred years ago it was responsible for the original "redbone!!;) It's totally rare to find one still red and unfaded!!:cool:

I feel the same as you both, Ron and John! I'm still hoping to be there, but historically pandemics are capricious and dangerous until a vaccine is found!!:( 'nuff said!!:rolleyes:

Beautiful trio Charlie! :cool: Your Ancient Barlow’s are some of my favorites!

Sorry about you going through the pain there Augie, well...that's what you get for using that time machine so often and having to lug all them Knives around- it takes a toll!

Seriously though my friend, I hope you heal well, and hope the Surgery was a success!

Sorry about you going through the pain there Augie, well...that's what you get for using that time machine so often and having to lug all them Knives around- it takes a toll!

Seriously though my friend, I hope you heal well, and hope the Surgery was a success!

Thanks Duncan, the getting old is not for the faint of heart but at least my surgeon is enjoying his new Corvette.:) The PT starts next week, those terrorists know how to induce some serious pain:D

Harry
waynorth waynorth Charlie, I can only echo my agreement with John and Harry. The Rendezvous wouldn’t be the same without you there. That being said I fully understand the potential health implications and restrictions that y’all would face by crossing a border! The main thing is do what is best for your health!

Back