What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Fascinating - that’s what I thought I was seeing. Thanks.
I think your GEC SFO looks great, by the way, but given that I have somewhat - er - plebeian taste in knives, hopefully you don’t take that as a bad review...:D:D

Definitely inspired by a very old Barlow Barlow blade!!:)
Oates Barlow!View attachment 1500269
I am not sure that I have ever seen your old SEO&S Scratted before Charlie . For sure it is one to remember . There is a story for each of my 2 SEO& S Barlows , but I will not bore anyone with them . The bottom one is a normal sized old barlow with Integral Bolsters and the top one is one that you saw and handled in Titusville in 1919 . It is much smaller in size . The bottom picture shows the smaller SEO&S beside a TC 14 Barlow .

Harry

DlVplqd.jpg

I am not sure that I have ever seen your old SEO&S Scratted before Charlie . For sure it is one to remember . There is a story for each of my 2 SEO& S Barlows , but I will not bore anyone with them . The bottom one is a normal sized old barlow with Integral Bolsters and the top one is one that you saw and handled in Titusville in 1919 . It is much smaller in size . The bottom picture shows the smaller SEO&S beside a TC 14 Barlow .

Harry
Those are some very NICE Barlows Harry!

Back