What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Another curved example, a Taylor’s Eye Witness with file worked spring

img

Beautiful wood on the TEW. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Already have a brown Curley Burch but it is a limited edition with an extravagant blade etch. This one is not a limited edition and will find itself at the bottom of my pocket!:D (More details over in the “newest additions” thread, if your interested)
8A3730D2-93CD-45C2-A25F-4DE2AF96829E.jpeg

A bit lowbrow for this thread perhaps but I thought this one was neat, as well as unique. Despite being cheap and having shell construction, the action is sturdy and the main blade is nice and thin - it's a cutter. I have no idea who made it but it feels like an old Providence.

O9PLrFx.jpg

Dkfxoib.jpg

Sometimes the wait is worth it and in this case, it's no exception. When Case brought their Barlow pattern out of the Vault recently, they made precious few in their CV steel. I caught wind of this one in Brown Sawcut bone too late and I had been searching ever since.

I finally was able to scoop one up and I am rather pleased - it's a finely made knife. Despite having mismatched covers. there is lots of wonderful depth and character to that bone.

TUXAulh.jpg

cbSigTu.jpg

Another curved example, a Taylor’s Eye Witness with file worked spring

img
Very nice picture of IMHO the very nicest Taylors Eye Witness barlow that I have ever seen my friend . I always wanted one in Ironwood or Amboyna but I settled for Ox Horn and also Ramshorn . How long have you had yours ??? Thanks for showing it .

Harry

:cool:
A bit lowbrow for this thread perhaps but I thought this one was neat, as well as unique.

O9PLrFx.jpg

Dkfxoib.jpg
Nothing lowbrow about it, it’s straight up cool!:cool:
Sometimes the wait is worth it and in this case, it's no exception. When Case brought their Barlow pattern out of the Vault recently, they made precious few in their CV steel. I caught wind of this one in Brown Sawcut bone too late and I had been searching ever since.

I finally was able to scoop one up and I am rather pleased - it's a finely made knife. Despite having mismatched covers. there is lots of wonderful depth and character to that bone.

TUXAulh.jpg

cbSigTu.jpg
You scored with that one! Love the Barlows with CV, only one I could find was in yellow, very well made also.:thumbsup:

Back