What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

It's a Camillus, Duncan. The Bolster stamp doesn't scan well .

Older%20Barlows%202_zpsqyxdogzd.jpg

Older%20Barlows%203_zpszhktrixj.jpg

Glad you like my desktop, folks! Thanks for the nice words!!

Cold soup:

iekz2o.jpg

1zbuvsh.jpg

2i6ml47.jpg

Beautiful old Barlows Charlie ! I think I saw a Gardner 1876 in there too ! :thumbup::)

Beautiful collection of clips Willydigger !

Last edited:
a nice clip Barlow collection, Fred!

Brrrr, Rob! Hasn't it thawed out in your woods, yet??

It's a Camillus, Duncan. The Bolster stamp doesn't scan well .

Older%20Barlows%202_zpsqyxdogzd.jpg

Older%20Barlows%203_zpszhktrixj.jpg

Glad you like my desktop, folks! Thanks for the nice words!!
Duncan great minds (or ones that appreciate a beautiful barlow) think alike. I was just wondering myself about that top barlow of Charlies and then you asked the question for me..Thankyou.

I'm not sure if a few missed your detailed description of the Two classic New Zealand timbers but those silky golden hues are something to behold.

Holy cow, Primble, that got there quick! A great lookin Soup indeed!👍👍
Perry

I was looking back at some of the GEC 77 Patterns and I really like the Washington Jack Knives in Autumn Gold Bone.......of course I like it in red also..........Now I think about it a bit.... i like them all. So many Barlow's so late to the party...

Magnificent! W:eek:W!
The one on the right always knocks me out! I was already resigned to losing an hour of sleep tonight with the switch to Daylight Savings Time, but that 2-blade saw cut antique amber is gonna keep me awake a couple of more hours! :thumbup::thumbup::D:D

- GT

Cold soup:

2i6ml47.jpg

Beautiful old Barlows Charlie ! I think I saw a Gardner 1876 in there too ! :thumbup::)

Beautiful collection of clips Willydigger !

Real nice one Primble, I recognize that one from someone else's pictures. I am sure that one must have taken quite a bit of prying to free it up.

Thank you for the nice comments on my saw-cut soup bone. I had been wanting one for a long while and finally made a trade with Todd.

He is still breathing, but, I had to beat him up really bad to pry it loose. What was that he said the other day about never losing a fight ??? :rolleyes:

P.S. - I took his pocket slippies away from him too! :D:D:D

P.S.S. - more truthfully - Todd wanted my whole knife collection, but, just got half. ;):D:D

ALLHSS - nice Charlows !!!

Luger1952 - love the black and white group shot. :thumbup::thumbup:;)

Finally started to thaw out here today. :thumbup::)

Last edited:
Cold soup:

iekz2o.jpg

1zbuvsh.jpg

Thank you for the nice comments on my saw-cut soup bone. I had been wanting one for a long while and finally made a trade with Todd.

He is still breathing, but, I had to beat him up really bad to pry it loose. What was that he said the other day about never losing a fight ??? :rolleyes:

P.S. - I took his pocket slippies away from him too! :D:D:D

P.S.S. - more truthfully - Todd wanted my whole knife collection, but, just got half. ;):D:D

Both of you guys and your TC Barlows make me feel good about this forum and trading. Glad you are happy.

@Primble... I don't feel like I lost a fight... I love my knife and I know I will love the one on the way! Great working with you sir. You have a blade now one else will ever have... It has character to spare!

I love it when someone uses a Spey blade for their daily knife chores!
The under appreciated blade!! Nice bunch of EDCs, Phil!

I was contemplating these older Barlows this morning, keeping my reptilian brain into the "Traditional" mindset!:rolleyes:
Ummm . . anyway, I thought they would make a nice group portrait. Also, it's time for a new desktop!

Older%20Barlows%201_zpsbfodjnsc.jpg

Great desktop shot Charlie.....nice!

Thank you 1500! The NZ Timbers are really something.

Thank you Charlie for letting me know. That is one of the most beautiful Camiluses I have ever seen and I do love a LOT of their knives.
This page got VERY busy mighty quick.

I know the blues that Primbs hands out folks- when you come to- there ain't too many knives left around

Back