What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Have a Soupy Sunday everyone!

dscf5886s-jpg.1022541

Very nice Mr. Phil!!!;):thumbsup:

Nice practical picture, Achille!! That pouch must make it easier to pull your knife from your pocket.
I wear loose pants, and have never used a pouch, except to transport a knife I didn't want to get marked up.

TC Barlow ALERT!!!

Re: the smooth-finished TC #14 Barlows (Lick Creek); The “Smoothies”!

GEC ran out of parts (blades) so while dealers got their knives, I had to wait for my shipment. When the newer blades were finished, and they got back into production to finish my shipment, the hafting guys finished the knives smooth instead of smooth/beveled like the bulk of the knives. So it was a “happy” factory error.

You will find either a green dot on the white label, or a green marker through the number on the black label. About 50 (10%) of the knives have this finish, so are “firsts” of course, and rarer than the beveled ones. I put these “smooth” ones in my archive!

They were mostly sold directly from me, because they were in my shipment. They are all gone now, but if you come across one, this is the explanation. A lot of them went to my Canadian customers!!
I'll post comparisons later today.

Thanks,

Charlie Campagna

Two Barlows are better than one, A!!:thumbsup:

Sweet Camillus, SteveC!!:)

A good Barlow, NOT to shave with, Del!!:D

Hi Charlie,

Shaving is about the only thing you can't (or shouldn't :D) do with this knife!

The blade profile is one of the best, plus I always get a lot of compliments on it.

Most think it must have belonged to my Dad or Grandfather (I'll be 60 soon :eek:).

It's one of my most favorite pocket knives. :thumbsup: :)

Happy Thanksgiving & Good Health (to you and your family).

-Del

Back