What makes Canada one of the most dangerous places on earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck it looks like it needs another paint job anyways. Might as well round up the Canada Geese and send them down there. Maybe a couple hundred tonnes of laxative laced grain will do the trick.

It's the cops up here. They kill innocent people who have done F-A.
The RCMP as a group are suffering from a PTS like disorder which makes them nervous, impulsive, fast to anger and behave with violent over reaction. They are now a gang of roving violent armed punks who know they can do whatever they want, even kill you just 'cause they feel frustrated, and there never is any consequence to them. NEVER !
And we Canadians are not allowed by law to carry any type of arms to protect ourselves from these hoodlum punks who are working cops.
It is dangerous up here even if you behave yourself 100%.
roland

It's the cops up here. They kill innocent people who have done F-A.
The RCMP as a group are suffering from a PTS like disorder which makes them nervous, impulsive, fast to anger and behave with violent over reaction. They are now a gang of roving violent armed punks who know they can do whatever they want, even kill you just 'cause they feel frustrated, and there never is any consequence to them. NEVER !
And we Canadians are not allowed by law to carry any type of arms to protect ourselves from these hoodlum punks who are working cops.
It is dangerous up here even if you behave yourself 100%.
roland
You are exaggerating. Not by much, I'll grant you, because the RCMP are out of control, and so are the OPP and the Metro Toronto Police. But it still isn't quite as bad as you paint it. Not yet, anyway.

You are exaggerating. Not by much, I'll grant you, because the RCMP are out of control, and so are the OPP and the Metro Toronto Police. But it still isn't quite as bad as you paint it. Not yet, anyway.

I know someone who was "unfairly" targeted by police...according to him.
They were watching him, and he'd only been involved in a B&E previously (somehow avoided charges). How DARE they keep an eye on him, finally arresting him for selling weed?:rolleyes:
Yep, innocent people getting harassed all the time.:cool:

I know someone who was "unfairly" targeted by police...according to him.
They were watching him, and he'd only been involved in a B&E previously (somehow avoided charges). How DARE they keep an eye on him, finally arresting him for selling weed?:rolleyes:
Yep, innocent people getting harassed all the time.:cool:
Maybe the vast majority of the time the police are in the right, just as nobody in prison is supposedly guilty. But there have been undeniable abuses, like the treatment ( manslaughter at least) of that poor Polish immigrant at the airport in BC, or Natives who were left half naked in the outskirts of town in the dead of winter ( more than one ) or some of the protestors at the G 20 summit in Toronto, or the Caledonia victims of native terrorism in Ontario while the OPP persecuted the victims, to mention just a few. They sometimes get a bad rap, but they sometimes, too often, are out of control.

They sometimes get a bad rap, but they sometimes, too often, are out of control.

Abuses do occur to be sure, and citizens should be vigilant in reporting such when feasible.
However, in my experience, the ones who complain the most are never angelic (even when compared to me:eek:)

Abuses do occur to be sure, and citizens should be vigilant in reporting such when feasible.
However, in my experience, the ones who complain the most are never angelic (even when compared to me:eek:)

Oh, no doubt you're right that they're not angels.
But you shouldn't have to be an angel to avoid being tasered and beaten to a pulp.
If being an angel is a requirement, I'm doomed.
Doomed I tells ya :eek:

Heck a person cannot even have one drink at the restaurant and drive home, fucking breathalizers and tyranny. The dictatorship will strip you of your basic rights and freedoms, send in the cops and shake your house down.

From my earlier post you might think i am an angry young punk, living on the edge. But i am a retired M.D. who for most of my life respected and trusted policemen. That changed completely 3 1/2 years ago when through absolutely no actions of my own, i was subjected to repeated episodes of police 'mis-behaviour'. I too until those events, believed that people involved in these events had in large part brought it upon themselves.
Now i actual feel fear when i'm out in public that again i might be stopped for no reason by a psychologically disturbed, danerous and violent cop who should be on leave receiving psychiatric help, not working.
In the last decade in B.C. there have been at least 10 innocent people murdered by the RCMP. There have also been many cases of the police torturing people by repeated tasering of an already incapacitated person, as well as individuals already locked up in a cell. These have been reported on C.B.C. and likely represent about 1% of the number of times this has actually occured.
I believe that the structure and nature of the RCMP as an institution has created a Post Truamatic Stress like syndrome in many of it's members.
I do not put the blame onto the individual members who have 'snapped'.
I believe a Royal Commission of Inquiry is needed and believe if this ever occurs there recommendation will be to disband the RCMP and start from scratch to build a police force that allows it's members to stay healthy and maintain the high ideals they once had as new recruits.
Until then, the police are the most dangerous aspect of Canada.
roland

Until then, the police are the most dangerous aspect of Canada.
roland

I'd say that stabby punks still beat the cops for danger level.
At least judging from the number of corpses produced perspective.:)

I'd say that stabby punks still beat the cops for danger level.
At least judging from the number of corpses produced perspective.:)
No question who the good guys are or how much we need them. That's why the misconduct is so alarming and why it has to be fixed before the good guys are tarnished so badly you won't be able to tell the good from the bad or the whole system is tainted.
I don't think we're close to that point, but there are some very disturbing problems, and those problems stem from the top.

No question who the good guys are or how much we need them. That's why the misconduct is so alarming and why it has to be fixed before the good guys are tarnished so badly you won't be able to tell the good from the bad or the whole system is tainted.
I don't think we're close to that point, but there are some very disturbing problems, and those problems stem from the top.

Agreed on all counts.:thumbup:
All I've been saying really is that Canada doesn't even merit a "dangerous rep"; just check out World's Most Dangerous Places.:)

For some reason though it seems that some people have a need to feel that their locale is so very dangerous; perhaps it makes life exciting for them...who knows (not I, that's for sure).

God bless Canada; may it remain so blessedly boring.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back