What multitool or SAK did you buy today

can't blame you for selling it because they don't warrant $75 when a silver one is $45 and black, blue and red ones are also. The gray ones should not be over $60 regardless of how many are made or what ever it says on the back of the knife. I bought a new black one a couple of weeks ago for $45. Victorinox is kind of running a racket on the yearly releases with the price and it's not a big deal to get fancier boxes that some how does not justify the price compared to other colors. A year print and a box doesn't make a knife cost or be worth almost double of another. They have made a business off of some suckers chasing over priced colors like what Spyderschlock has done. Not majorly over priced but to me it's more of an ethical thing than it being about the knife. It's a sad state of affairs what has happened in the knife world where so many things are now about trying to push collectability over just producing knives to be used what they were intended for as a knife. Our Grandfathers would probably slap us silly and scream at us about what a knife is for and meant to be used for and they weren't wrong. Sensibility has seemed to lost it's way and it's a shame. We all could probably make due with 2 knives are entire life and be fine like our Grandfathers did and they were no nonsense sensible men.

Two recent acquisitions: a mid-eighties PST and late model Wave+, the first being about 35 years older than the second.
20220521_221819.jpg
20220521_221848.jpg
The PST came from that big online auction site, while the other I traded for at my local pawn shop. Both are duplicates of others I have previously collected, but they'll make good trading stock. Thanks for watching! T-A

Small Tinker is best Tinker. 👍

Compared to a regular Tinker, the small one is slightly better at getting into tight spots with the backside phillips driver.
Broke down and ordered the plain edge Sentinel with no pocket clip yesterday. It was priced well under $20, so I figured what the heck.

I’m thinking I’ll drop it in my back pocket and forget about it. Sometimes I need a locking blade that’s a little larger than the 91/93mm Vic blades. And I like the idea of an all Vic carry combo.
When it arrives I’m going to give the Rambler/Small Tinker/Sentinel trio a trial run…bare basics with next to no duplicate tools between the three.

With this one arriving I have had 2 Sentinels.
My first one with the pocket clip..meh, gifted it on the forum.

New one without the flimsy clip…a slim locking folder that is feather light, has plenty of blade, and carries like a dream. It’s definitely a winner

With this one arriving I have had 2 Sentinels.
My first one with the pocket clip..meh, gifted it on the forum.

New one without the flimsy clip…a slim locking folder that is feather light, has plenty of blade, and carries like a dream. It’s definitely a winner

Lee, I’ve got a Cowboy (I think it’s called that). I love the slimness of it and the extra blade length comes I handy. Not a one handed opener but still plenty useful.

Lee, I’ve got a Cowboy (I think it’s called that). I love the slimness of it and the extra blade length comes I handy. Not a one handed opener but still plenty useful.
Despite being a “OHO”, I always used 2 hands to open my previous Sentinel, and will do the same with this one.

Reactions: 315
After a day's worth of "junquing", I had these three to show for my efforts:
20220525_143911.jpg
20220525_143925.jpg
20220525_144116.jpg
20220525_144151.jpg

20220525_143943.jpg
20220525_144026.jpg
20220525_143957.jpg
The SAK is too dirty to get all the blades open. I think I'll soak it in something for a while. The Colonials I bought (one at a time, two different stores) because of the markings. I associate the "HIGH CARBON STEEL" logo with Sears, but I can't remember every seeing a maker's logo also appearing on a HCS knife. It was purely coincidence that I found these two on the same day. All three totaled $15. Now I've got some cleaning to do! Thanks for watching! T-A

This one is pretty clean, don’t actually think it’s been used.
I picked up this tip somewhere... cant remember where, but if you look at the saw and it has burrs on it, then it means it hasn't been used yet. The logic is that the burrs will come off when the saw is used. It seems to make sense.

I picked up this tip somewhere... cant remember where, but if you look at the saw and it has burrs on it, then it means it hasn't been used yet. The logic is that the burrs will come off when the saw is used. It seems to make sense.
Interesting. I’ve bought new SAKs that had burs and new ones that didn’t, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

3AmeQCz.jpg

Got this sportsman to go with my new casio for ultralight summer carry!

I went to the local knife shop yesterday. He had some beautiful stuff, including several Case trappers and some Buck Custom Shop knives. Didn't see anything that I really needed or could afford so I was about to leave when I spotted a box full of Vic Classics for $5 and a few Leatherman Micras for $10. Couldn't resist the Micra. I added the pocket clip and spent some time getting the blade reasonably sharp. Will probably rotate it with my Vic Minichamp.

52118357352_eb74475898_h.jpg

Back