What SAK are ya totin' today?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE;)

R50MjF.jpg

Everytime I see a Sheepsfoot SAK I get a happy feeling welling up in me :)
Paul I know its only me and you against the rest of the known SAK world when it comes to loving those Sheepfoot blades , but " From little things Big things grow " . Maybe Victorinox will one day see the light and produce what you and I have already discovered to be knife excellence .
Love that knife .

Ken

Ken

I took the wife out for dinner tonight. As such I was wearing slacks and a sport coat. I toted my Alox Bantam along with me. Its a handsome little knife for that kind of evening. If not the Bantam it would have been my bone handled Case MiniTrapper. Both knives are great for discreet carry during an evening out.

Everytime I see a Sheepsfoot SAK I get a happy feeling welling up in me :)
Paul I know its only me and you against the rest of the known SAK world when it comes to loving those Sheepfoot blades , but " From little things Big things grow " . Maybe Victorinox will one day see the light and produce what you and I have already discovered to be knife excellence .
Love that knife .

Ken

Ken

Thanks Ken:thumbup: I have Jone, aka Jennifer to thank as she gifted me the apocalypse green Pruner and and my stupidity for breaking the tip off the pruner:eek:

I too have ALWAYS loved the Sheepfoot blade so it was a no brainer for me conversion wise. Once that happened it became necessary to do to all future Pruner blades:D

Super Tinker and flashlight in my backpocket

... Charlow in my right front pocket.

I am highly attracted to the green or orange alox knives. But I am undecided on them as they seem to get ratty looking over time and use, as opposed to the plain silver alox.

I am highly attracted to the green or orange alox knives. But I am undecided on them as they seem to get ratty looking over time and use, as opposed to the plain silver alox.

It's not exactly easy to wear, IMO, as long as you don't throw it in the pocket with the keys or give the scales rough time in general. If you are worried about the color, why not get some sort of pouch for it?

It's not exactly easy to wear, IMO, as long as you don't throw it in the pocket with the keys or give the scales rough time in general. If you are worried about the color, why not get some sort of pouch for it?

I never carry a folder without a pocket sheath....

I personally don't see any point. Just extra step of having your knife out for cutting.

I personally don't see any point. Just extra step of having your knife out for cutting.

Keeps the black alox finish from being dinged by other pocket items (keys, flashlight, lipstick), covers the sharp parts of the knife (key ring nub) from wearing holes in the pocket.
Other than that, I agree with you. I like my knife handy, don't care that much about the finish, and usually by the time my pocket gives out there are tears and holes elsewhere and it's time to demote the trousers to yardwork status or discard them.

Three words ,

Leather belt sheath :D

0f0e5cce9a574d14c696f4f2cd11983c_zpsc199c424.jpg

Ken

ps - I must try one of those Kydex Neckers one day , I keep forgetting to order one .

Back