What SAK are ya totin' today?

I've carried an Executive on my keychain for the past three years and have found that's generally all I need to get through the day. I've been considering buying a Compact but I like the second small blade. I like the Classic but I have bear paws for hands and the Executive fits better (I've actually called it "A Classic on steroids").

If they only made it in Alox AND kept the tweezers/toothpick, that'd pretty much be my perfect EDC.

Farmer on the belt in a sheath and the glow in the dark Climber in my pocket or on the desk/nightstand.

wmEwzNq.jpg

Readers may remember when I reviewed this knife in its original scales, as the German Army Knife. It's otherwise identical to the OHO Trekker.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/mini-review-victorinox-trekker-german-army-knife.1199045/

I grew tired of the clip I'd affixed to it and wanted red SAK scales, so here it is in its newest form.

E6TR2e9.jpg

I was pleased to be able to start carrying toothpick and tweezers onboard now, but it appears that with the help of an Xacto knife I could have done that with its original scales, as you can see they have the channels already molded in. I only needed to open up their ends (though finding the right spot to notch would have been a crap shoot). As it is I now have a knife that looks like a friendly neighborhood Victorinox.

XRJH14n.jpg

Zieg

16BC1386-B945-41B6-AE59-E37788579060.jpeg 790CD28F-14AB-44C3-A425-FDCB30D844E6.jpeg EDEB3225-A208-457A-90C0-9301592FB4BD.jpeg A043ECBA-4C53-4DE6-86A8-8DF79AB02FB9.jpeg So I ordered a custom Ti Waiter and bought a Ti Tinker on line. The Tinker had a skeletonized handle that I decided to move to the Waiter. The Franken SAKs that resulted left me with a skeletonized Waiter that I may add a pocket clip to and a Tinker that has a 1/4” hex bit driver hole and a pocket clip.

Back