What SAK are ya totin' today?

ef11ab1d0045e42c7d0fc3b5d987fda2.jpg

Carrying the Centurian today as I've carried it daily for the last ten or twelve years. It seems to fulfill all my needs for around the house and while camping hunting or fishing.

1F66ACF2-8047-4222-91CB-36164CD0A821.jpeg D17CB241-B1D4-454F-B5A3-8DBBE390BB2A.jpeg 82A4056B-2EEC-4C02-8CC7-6B47DD045A3C.jpeg 0959FC47-3EAD-487D-8360-B5E28CCF4257.jpeg I am carrying a G-SAKAI Japanese imitation SAK. I bought it for the ZDP-189 main blade which I am going to move to a skeletonized 91mm Ti Waiter.

I have changed knives for the first time in ten or twelve years. I set aside my trusty centurian and have started carrying the huntsman for the last couple of days. I've decided I want the saw, the corkscrew, and don't really need the Phillips screwdriver as the small screwdriver will work on Phillips head screws. Plus there is a hole for a straight pin. Don't know if I'll ever need the pin but I guess a guy can get splinters on occasion. I wear glasses and also decided I need to have the small screwdriver that fits into the corkscrew. The hook I just don't know about. This knife is shorter and wider but does fit the cloth case the centurian was in. I hope I get comfortable with this knife in the daily carry. It seems to have all the attributes I generally need in a folding knife. I do kind of miss the other one though, we'll see.

I guess I’m just boring, but I always carry an Alox Cadet and a little black Classic and I use em both multiple times every single day.

I’m very attached to both of these knives and it does my heart good to put them to work. I am reminded of the dear friends who gifted me these beautiful things and they are in my thoughts every time I dig into my pocket for one.

Cheers guys!

Back