1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What SAK are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by arizonaranchman, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    The Cadet, along with it's friends too but I usually pull this one out if I need to cut stuff lately.
    [​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

I've taken to an odd practice, on our water bottle caps, once you open the bottle, along the ridge of the cap, where it was attached to the ring that remains on the bottle, there are little spikes of plastic...I carve those little spikes off...;)

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  2. Earl1

Earl1

May 11, 2016
    It has been a recruit and electrician for me today

3. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

4. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
  5. PeaceInOurTime

PeaceInOurTime

Mar 20, 2019
    [​IMG]

315, Grateful and jmh33 like this.
  6. mnblade

mnblade

Feb 7, 2000
    For the past 10 days or so we've been rambling around Tuscany with family. I'm mostly toting my lucky 84mm Tourist.

[​IMG]

7. Allan DeGroot

Allan DeGroot

Jun 15, 2019
    To be honest through JR-HS and into HS I carried a Wenger SAK, around my Jr year in HS I switched to a Victorinox Ranger, then out of HS I switched to a Champ.

I still have the Ranger and Champ, but I haven't carried either in decades.
    I stopped carrying them when I acquired my first original Leatherman and a Buck lock-back, sadly the buck didn't last long before I lost it, and replaced it with a Bucklite lockback in Blaze orange, Orange so I could find it after I lost it(which as you can guess is exactly what happened to my first three buck 110s) as well as my first two Leathermans an original and a "transitional" which was a PST-II though not marked as such.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  8. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    You make some beautiful lanyards Gary. As far as trimming those little spikes on the water bottle cap, as a retired RN, I just want to let you know there are medications that can help...;):D

jmh33 and Gary W. Graley like this.
  9. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Thanks, but it calms me
    :)
    G2

10. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
  11. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Heading to The Grand Canyon of Pa for a few days.. Will have the Walker in the rfp..:D
    John

YellowSwiss likes this.
  12. ScottK

ScottK Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 1999
    Adventurer 111mm today.
    BCE22702-9CCF-4478-B400-8C2A98635E7B_edited.jpg

13. YellowSwiss

YellowSwiss

Sep 28, 2015
    The Walker is my favorite of minimalist outdoor knives!

Here is one I made with "plus" orange G10 scales:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. ScottK

May 25, 1999
    Downsized to my trusty executive today!
    IMG_0217 1_edited.jpg

15. jazzz

jazzz

Feb 1, 2009
    Nice. Do you find the lanyard on the same end as the blade annoying? I just bought this knife.

16. ScottK

May 25, 1999
    jazzz, not really an issue for me. I typically grip the lanyard in my hand with the scales when using the large blade.

17. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
  18. Spydergirl88

Spydergirl88

Dec 3, 2015
    Thank you so much, I ordered one!

19. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: