What SAK are ya totin' today?

The Cadet, along with it's friends too but I usually pull this one out if I need to cut stuff lately.
Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

I've taken to an odd practice, on our water bottle caps, once you open the bottle, along the ridge of the cap, where it was attached to the ring that remains on the bottle, there are little spikes of plastic...I carve those little spikes off...;)

G2

Last edited:
npWx25e.jpg

To be honest through JR-HS and into HS I carried a Wenger SAK, around my Jr year in HS I switched to a Victorinox Ranger, then out of HS I switched to a Champ.

I still have the Ranger and Champ, but I haven't carried either in decades.
I stopped carrying them when I acquired my first original Leatherman and a Buck lock-back, sadly the buck didn't last long before I lost it, and replaced it with a Bucklite lockback in Blaze orange, Orange so I could find it after I lost it(which as you can guess is exactly what happened to my first three buck 110s) as well as my first two Leathermans an original and a "transitional" which was a PST-II though not marked as such.

Last edited:
The Cadet, along with it's friends too but I usually pull this one out if I need to cut stuff lately.

I've taken to an odd practice, on our water bottle caps, once you open the bottle, along the ridge of the cap, where it was attached to the ring that remains on the bottle, there are little spikes of plastic...I carve those little spikes off...;)

G2
You make some beautiful lanyards Gary. As far as trimming those little spikes on the water bottle cap, as a retired RN, I just want to let you know there are medications that can help...;):D

Thanks, but it calms me
:)
G2

jazzz, not really an issue for me. I typically grip the lanyard in my hand with the scales when using the large blade.

Back