What SAK are ya totin' today?

It's a serrated Spartan also know as a "weekender" the serrations have been worn from use and touched up over the years with a Lansky triangle stone for serrations, but it's pretty much looks the same as when I bought it. Great for cutting meat at a bush barbie.
Serrated Spartan a favorite. Was available from REI

Current 84mm Tinker with pen blade mod:thumbsup:
RYoQwg.jpg

1XrvkgS.jpg
E1J1Sx7.jpg
Tb9LSFj.jpg
VzzxQFY.jpg

Today I carried a trio of Huntsman, I took them to school an interested young fella, working with me, about the small things that differ between old and new models The Huntsman is one of my favourites, but then again all saks are my favorites :)

1XrvkgS.jpg
E1J1Sx7.jpg
Tb9LSFj.jpg
VzzxQFY.jpg

Today I carried a trio of Huntsman, I took them to school an interested young fella, working with me, about the small things that differ between old and new models The Huntsman is one of my favourites, but then again all saks are my favorites :)
Great trio and I am always intrigued by the subtle differences in SAK's, ridged/threaded, 4 or 5 turn corkscrews, , hole or no hole in the punch, clip or spear secondary, even a darker shade of red from current to older models, also the difference in the scissor pivot. Older models minus the parcel carrier, Capital or small "V" in victorinox tang stamp, or if the blade is stamped "VICTORIA"....the list is quite long and interesting.

Great trio and I am always intrigued by the subtle differences in SAK's, ridged/threaded, 4 or 5 turn corkscrews, , hole or no hole in the punch, clip or spear secondary, even a darker shade of red from current to older models, also the difference in the scissor pivot. Older models minus the parcel carrier, Capital or small "V" in victorinox tang stamp, or if the blade is stamped "VICTORIA"....the list is quite long and interesting.
And if your a little bit forgetful it's a nice surprise everytime you look at your knives. I have thought about tagging my knives with there model and age but then I realise I enjoy looking at all the little clues.

Back