What SAK are ya totin' today?

paOERee.jpg

The only Wenger I own. I don't know what model it is. I hardly ever get it out.

How did you know red is my favorite color? My car is red, my truck is red, part of my beard is red, my checkbook is in the red ... the list goes on and on. I continue to be amazed at the wonderful photographs found on The Blade Forum! Perhaps it is just me and electronic cameras and their fine tuning of settings. Back in the old days (film cameras) I could make my Canon F-1 work to my satisfaction and make pictures that would not be embarrassing to call mine. But I seem to be clueless when it comes to my digital device that makes images.

I am wondering what the tool compliment is on this knife? With an actual backpack, I am guessing that is not Grandma Gatewood on the scale?

How did you know red is my favorite color? My car is red, my truck is red, part of my beard is red, my checkbook is in the red ... the list goes on and on. I continue to be amazed at the wonderful photographs found on The Blade Forum! Perhaps it is just me and electronic cameras and their fine tuning of settings. Back in the old days (film cameras) I could make my Canon F-1 work to my satisfaction and make pictures that would not be embarrassing to call mine. But I seem to be clueless when it comes to my digital device that makes images.

I am wondering what the tool compliment is on this knife? With an actual backpack, I am guessing that is not Grandma Gatewood on the scale?
Ha ha red :). I had to look up who Grandma Gatewood was, sounds like an interesting woman. If you had of referenced Emily Creaghe, I would have got what you ment straight away. (Australian)
ATltSmw.jpg

Here you go mate. I'm guessing it's nothing special. I got it just to say I had a Wenger. I'm definitely a Victorinox fella.
Dan.

Ha ha red :). I had to look up who Grandma Gatewood was, sounds like an interesting woman. If you had of referenced Emily Creaghe, I would have got what you ment straight away. (Australian)
ATltSmw.jpg

Here you go mate. I'm guessing it's nothing special. I got it just to say I had a Wenger. I'm definitely a Victorinox fella.
Dan.

Until jackknife came a long and started a thread about Grandma Gatewood back in June of this year I had never heard of her before either! And then I had to go look for a book about her and learn even more than what the members of The Blade Forum that posted in that thread had passed along. Link to thread>>> https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/grandma-gatewood-was-a-sakist.1734568/
And now I need to go look up Emily Creaghe! Thank you so much for the new photograph with your Wenger opened and on a red background no less. I do not have any Wenger knives at this time and being a lover of history and other non-fiction topics I am finding myself needing to learn more about the Wenger and Victorinox Companies that are now merged into one.

Until jackknife came a long and started a thread about Grandma Gatewood back in June of this year I had never heard of her before either! And then I had to go look for a book about her and learn even more than what the members of The Blade Forum that posted in that thread had passed along. Link to thread>>> https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/grandma-gatewood-was-a-sakist.1734568/
And now I need to go look up Emily Creaghe! Thank you so much for the new photograph with your Wenger opened and on a red background no less. I do not have any Wenger knives at this time and being a lover of history and other non-fiction topics I am finding myself needing to learn more about the Wenger and Victorinox Companies that are now merged into one.
Emily was exploring Australia about the same time the Swiss army knife was being created. 1880s so I'm guessing she didn't carry one but I bet her life would have been easier with one.

Used look?
Yes some people, such as myself like to look at a knife and see a few scuffs and scratches and know it's been used, not necessarily abused. It gives an individual knife some character.
For example if you see a 30 year old knife with a chip out of its scale or scuff marks on the blade it makes me think of all the things the knife has been used for. If it's a 30 year old knife in mint condition I think maybe that knife has just sat in a drawer and never been used, and to me that's a bit sad and boring. It's just my personal opinion

Last edited:
The reason I carry the same SAK everyday (although it's evolved from the Classic to the Ambassador to my current Executive) is that I like to know exactly what I have with me re: tools. While I own a variety of models, most are stashed in packs or my vehicles where I want a larger compliment of tools. Carrying a Cadet one day, a Sportsman the next, a Farmer the following day, is too confusing for my aging brain. ;)

Back