What SAK are ya totin' today?

6BEC061F-8320-41C8-8DA3-7A35612DF149_zpseozodk5m.jpg

On a chilly Fall morning here in the high desert... :)

Today, like most recent days I have been carrying my black executive. I also have a classic on my keychain as a backup.

SAK Guy,

Might as well get a head start on the challenge right? Tomorrow is Oct 1st :D

LOL, yeah, I'm having to ease back into it. I used to carry an ALOX every day paired with a traditional slippie but lots of things have changed in my life recently and the cellidor SAKs offer so much more versatility in a single knife.

I like the red cellidor looks. I like the toothpick/tweezer and yes certain extra tools on some of them, but the durability of the Alox over the long run seems to be much greater doesn't it (talking breakage or loose scales here)?

I like the red cellidor looks. I like the toothpick/tweezer and yes certain extra tools on some of them, but the durability of the Alox over the long run seems to be much greater doesn't it (talking breakage or loose scales here)?

You'd think, but in my close to 50 years of carrying one or another cellidor SAK, only one set of scales (Wenger) ever came loose. These were refastened with glue, which held until I lost the thing. All cellidor on my most used SAKs shows wear, but are still right and tight. I did replace the scales on a Super Tinker, but only because I wanted Plus scales for the pen. My SAKs get daily use, but not for really tough jobs. I admire the alox Vics, but when I expect hard use, I'll pack a Leatherman instead.

Back