What SOG are you carrying/using today?

Mini magnadot. Great little EDC. Gets wicked sharp and is easy to touch up.

fgw3ljZh.jpg

Had to go into Jersey today. That means no gun. Took my largest folder just in case.

OyVU7eeh.jpg

Some people knock em but mine has been great and fit and finish is as good as any other makers I've owned.

I've been interested in a lot of Autos, some SOGs especially. Would do me no good through because I can't carry them here. Our knife and gun laws are pretty good here in Pa. Just no autos. I can walk down the street with an assault rifle and a machete though!

I've been interested in a lot of Autos, some SOGs especially. Would do me no good through because I can't carry them here. Our knife and gun laws are pretty good here in Pa. Just no autos. I can walk down the street with an assault rifle and a machete though!
:eek: some lawmakers!

I finally grabbed a Flash 2 tanto. You can't beat it:$40. It's the perfect weight for light shorts.

I'm a Buck guy through and through, hence my handle. However for the last couple of weeks I've been testing out a Sog Instinct. I just tonight realized it was made in China, which I'm not too crazy about but I've been looking for a small fixed blade that I can wear on a cord in my pocket to get at quickly one handed. Once I sharpened it a bit, it has been just what I have been looking for. Pretty happy for my first Sog.

I'm a Buck guy through and through, hence my handle. However for the last couple of weeks I've been testing out a Sog Instinct. I just tonight realized it was made in China, which I'm not too crazy about but I've been looking for a small fixed blade that I can wear on a cord in my pocket to get at quickly one handed. Once I sharpened it a bit, it has been just what I have been looking for. Pretty happy for my first Sog.

Post up some pics! Not a bad looking small fixed blade. Isn't really my cup of tea but we love pics.

Goodness..... I haven't carried a SOG on my person in a good while. I keep a Mini-Vulcan in my field bag for hard use if I need it. Carry the plain edge Seal Pup Elite every now and then in the woods. I think it is a fine knife if you don't mind the plastic handle.

I almost have the urge to pick up a wood scaled Twitch II. I always liked that little knife. Gave mine to my niece for "college carry" and to "fight off all the men" in a last ditch effort. ;)

Post up some pics! Not a bad looking small fixed blade. Isn't really my cup of tea but we love pics.

As I noted, it's been pretty much exactly what I wanted, a fixed blade I can get out with one hand and deal with whatever is at hand. Of course I still carry my Buck Vantage, a Buck Gent, a Bucktool and a SAK, just in case.
Here you go:

As it sits in my pocket

After I've rapidly deployed it with one hand and tackled whatever survival task is at hand, like cutting a cardboard box open lol.

Fused paracord:

The SOG Instinct Mini:

Last edited:
As I noted, it's been pretty much exactly what I wanted, a fixed blade I can get out with one hand and deal with whatever is at hand. Of course I still carry my Buck Vantage, a Buck Gent, a Bucktool and a SAK, just in case.
Here you go:

As it sits in my pocket

After I've rapidly deployed it with one hand and tackled whatever survival task is at hand, like cutting a cardboard box open lol.

Fused paracord:

The SOG Instinct Mini:

Thanks! Always good to see someones system.

Back