What Survival Bag do you use?

I picked up the Redwing 3100 last month but have yet to use it. Great bag but it's probably bigger than I need for EDC use. I mainly picked it up because I got it at such a good deal ($49) and after reading so many great reviews about it. I know it'll come in handy some time though.

You and me both, NaturalMystic. Did the same thing, for pretty much the same reason. Am tempted to pick up a 2650, too, if they stay on sale.

But my "survival bag" right now would have to be my Spec-Ops Recon Ruck.

Just picked up a Camelbak BFM 500 last week. It looks great and feel great too.
I'll see how it goes during a mid feb hike to one of the highest peaks here in the Philippines :)

I have been using a Blackhawk 3 day assault pack for 10 years and it has been very durable. Saw lots of Blackhawk packs used in Afghanistan and never saw one break. Very good bags but can be a little pricey depending upon which one you buy.

I was using a Maxpedition Versipack jumbo LEO. Great bag. I really liked it but I decided to go with a back pack.

So I just bought a 5.11 Rush 12 and am transferring gear over. The bummer is the quality is not there with 5.11 that you get with Maxpedition. The zipper are not as good. Lack of double stitching. Spots that you might like a inner and outer layer material to strengthen or cover molle stitching, is no there. The admin pouch in the Rush 12 and from what I've seen in the 24 as well really lacks. Thin nylon material and cheap single stitching. The intierior webbing pouches don't impress me ether.

After all that complaining, we'll see how I like it once it is put into action as my EDC bag.

Back