What Survive Knives Are You Waiting For?

Yeah I also want a 6!.

I guess I have to update my wait list:

4.1 second
4.1 second
7/7 second
12 sk
6 sk
And I just nabbed an old spec 5.1 I nabbed off the exchange!!!

And......... Add two 2.7 seconds today. Survive! Has a lot of my money at the moment!!!!

I hate the business plan but I'm a glutton for punishment

Last edited:
I put the deposit down on an SK6 as well, of course with an expectation that they will be completed in a relatively timely fashion otherwise its another version of a Starter type program (indirectly I suppose it is). Will be interesting to hear the progress the SK line makes, on their site they're doing this to gauge the overall interest yet I don't believe its necessary looking at the popularity of the lineup but I suppose its the "necessary evil" and I'm on board as well (also a glutton for the punishment).

I hate the business plan but I'm a glutton for punishment
Ha! Pretty concisely sums it up, maybe for most folks with the stamina to stick around.

scout1sg scout1sg I really wish they wouldn't have done another... I can't even say it........ another.......... P-word. There must have been a reason, but if they just made as many as they felt comfortable, maybe even a little less to make sure they sell, I think they would have been safe. I'd like to see preorders die forever. Oh well. I still ordered an SK6.

They are still selling the GSO 3.5 as a preorder, so it looks like that isn't changing.

I really like the look of their designs, very impressive. I wanted to get a GSO 8. And read the good reviews about the other models here on Bladeforums. But I'm frustrated with their whole system,. Tried calling several times, no answer. Email, no answer. Tried to order something off their site, doesn't work, not available, "coming soon", not in production yet, blah blah.

They don't seem ready for business, I can't find any of the knives actually available. Taking my business elsewhere.

The GSO 8 is still pretty far down the production schedule, so nobody has one yet.

I really like the look of their designs, very impressive. I wanted to get a GSO 8. And read the good reviews about the other models here on Bladeforums. But I'm frustrated with their whole system,. Tried calling several times, no answer. Email, no answer. Tried to order something off their site, doesn't work, not available, "coming soon", not in production yet, blah blah.

They don't seem ready for business, I can't find any of the knives actually available. Taking my business elsewhere.
Sorry to hear absolutely no form of communication was working. The various methods of getting a knife are far from traditional at this point. If you're into placing money down for a preorder, we CAN point you in the right direction. If you'd really like to check out SURVIVE! knife right now, keep your eyes open on the exchange. I see them for sale every few weeks if not every week. It doesn't sound like their current sales format will work for you, but if you can get a knife second hand I really think you'd like it.

Last edited:
I gotta be honest...with what's goin on over at Busse at the moment plus the wonderful world of CPK, I fully intended to cancel my two year-old GSO 12 order today. But when I checked it out, I see I paid just $330 at the time. Can't bring myself to cancel it now lol. What a chunk of D3V at that price.

Wonder if it's .215" or .245" since the site claims both? I'm guessing with "Robust" in the description it's indeed the .245".

I gotta be honest...with what's goin on over at Busse at the moment plus the wonderful world of CPK, I fully intended to cancel my two year-old GSO 12 order today. But when I checked it out, I see I paid just $330 at the time. Can't bring myself to cancel it now lol. What a chunk of D3V at that price.

Wonder if it's .215" or .245" since the site claims both? I'm guessing with "Robust" in the description it's indeed the .245".
The prices are pretty amazing. :)
That is the first I've heard that the site has conflicting information about the GSO 12 blade thickness.
As many times as the site has been updated and reformatted since the 12 was announced I suppose some errors have crept in...

It's silly, but I am excited for another "First Friday" Update :)

4.1, 4.1 2nd, 3.5, 4LE, 12 and 10 are all on order... Oh, and a T-shirt, almost forgot about that.

The GSO-12 thickness indeed needs a minor correction. The "Description" states
...The very robust .215" blade thickness...
and the "Additional Info" states
Blade Thickness:
.245"

The prices are pretty amazing. :)
That is the first I've heard that the site has conflicting information about the GSO 12 blade thickness.
As many times as the site has been updated and reformatted since the 12 was announced I suppose some errors have crept in...
Yeah...I'll admit I was silently getting salty about my year long wait for the 2.7 pre-sale, but when I got that knife in hand and saw what I paid for it all the salt wore off.

It's silly, but I am excited for another "First Friday" Update :)

4.1, 4.1 2nd, 3.5, 4LE, 12 and 10 are all on order... Oh, and a T-shirt, almost forgot about that.

The GSO-12 thickness indeed needs a minor correction. The "Description" states
and the "Additional Info" states
lol yes, don't forget that T! :)

I have a Survive Knife GSO 5.0 in mint condition.
Took me a long time to finally get one but man arn't they worth it! The way they feel in the hand along with the fit and finish is simply awesome! Guy over there at Survive Knives is on top of his game!

Currently waiting on 2 GSO-6 and 2 GSO-10, looking forward to getting the GSO-10, probably this time next year.

Have kinda lost interest in the GSO-6 but gonna wait until I actually get it, handle it and compare it to some other knives I have in that size before I decide whether to keep it or not. Hopefully it will ship before the end of the year.

I currently have my old 4.1 in 3V, my 4.7 Betty in 3V, (for sale) and my new 4.7 in 3V and NOTHING on order. I swore up and down I'd never, ever, order anything, from anybody, then they came out with that dang ol Infi Ratweiler.
I'm a sucker.

Well you almost "had" to order an infi ratweiler. I have almost $1,000 worth of survive knives on order and im pretty much sitting here laughing at my foolishness.

Back