What traditional folder do you bring hiking/hunting/fishing?

Brother, of course I read your sig line in James Earl Jones voice. Thulsa Doom, taking cues from Darth Vader!

Lol...I've always liked that line. Whether it's James Keating with a crossada, Wille Sundqvist carving a spoon, or Thomas Keller in his kitchen, the fact remains that the knife is just a tool. It's the man who makes it sing.

That said, Conan didn't carry crap steel.

Went rabbit hunting on Thur morning. Had my 77 Barlow with me but the yellow Peanut did the skinning/dressing chores. That little clip blade is like a scalpel.

Great Thread!
When hunting most game here in Norway I use this one:
2014-09-28202856-1_zps6af29f18.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
4" closed, linen micarta, CPM-154
Tore

Since it's Springtime, I thought it might be time to revive this thread. :)

How about a little fly fishing for some local rainbow trout? Nice! Coffee at the ready, here we go...
C2rPlUr.jpg

Beautiful day at a nearby pond. A big beautiful Bald Eagle flew over me but was out-of-range before I could grab the camera.
nmrUxlF.jpg

I like big knives outdoors, and tiny flies. Matched pair here:
5VeLLnf.jpg

Don't slop the coffee!!!!!:(

Fish #1 jumped six times before he shook the hook; fish #2 broke the dang thing off; fish #3 on a new fly, in the net! Small one... no photos; fish#4 took that fly with him!; fish#5 broke my tippet leader. Gone home to get heavier tackle than the 6X and 7X stuff and try another day....

Since it's Springtime, I thought it might be time to revive this thread. :)

How about a little fly fishing for some local rainbow trout? Nice! Coffee at the ready, here we go...
C2rPlUr.jpg

Beautiful day at a nearby pond. A big beautiful Bald Eagle flew over me but was out-of-range before I could grab the camera.
nmrUxlF.jpg

I like big knives outdoors, and tiny flies. Matched pair here:
5VeLLnf.jpg

Don't slop the coffee!!!!!:(

Fish #1 jumped six times before he shook the hook; fish #2 broke the dang thing off; fish #3 on a new fly, in the net! Small one... no photos; fish#4 took that fly with him!; fish#5 broke my tippet leader. Gone home to get heavier tackle than the 6X and 7X stuff and try another day....

Thanks for reviving this thread! What pattern is that knife? Temps in the low forties today in Western Mass., with showers, wind and high water. Pretty soon I'm going to fish anyway.

I usually will carry a Vic Pioneer in my pocket and a Hess Knifeworks Tiburon on my belt. No pictures right now because I'm at work, but they're a great pair. Hess is a really underrated brand.

That's when I need to do serious work... if I'm just out for a little hike or playing around, I'll just use whatever I have that day, usually a GEC 15 of some sort.

This is my common woods walking/foraging/wandering/working setup. The multitool may be and SAK or more recently I have been favouring a Leatherman Wave. I like to have a saw at leaSt.

2017-05-10%2012.04.36_zpsyyoxg7dg.jpg

Back