What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Is that beer barrel oak ?
I agree the Fit & finish on my Castlewood and Bog Oak Spear point is perfection on every area.
When ever I switch them out in my rotation I can’t wait to get one of them back in my pocket. I feel for me it’s the perfect traditional knife .
The covers on both of mine are also well matched
Castlewood.

I carried my Alox SAK today and continued working on the backyard construction project. It’s starting to come together now.
rDbSIIe.jpg

I spy with my little eye, something that begins with "J" ;)
Hope you had a good hike, Jack. Also, hope your injury didn't hold you back too much.
LOL! :D Thanks a lot mate, I enjoyed getting out, but had to avoid stiles and steep slopes! :) :thumbsup:
Happy Sunday All... Go Hawks!

I carried the TC last night to a family function.
Figured... Why put it back? I'll carry it again today. :)
Great pics John :) :thumbsup:
Here’s the “SAK Attack” for today’s game GO BUCS!🏴‍☠️
View attachment 1648119
Cool pic Todd! :) :cool: :thumbsup:
Went on a quick hike this morning with my Wife and the Pup...

Hope you had a nice time my friend, I love the pics :) :thumbsup:
Nice to see how that Damascus is ageing Taylor :) :thumbsup:
Toting these two Schrades today. :)
Two stunning Schrades JJ, beautifully photographed :) :thumbsup:

Starting off the week with my trusty Hartshead Barlow, and a Brazilian Jack for Metal Monday :thumbsup: Have a good week :thumbsup:

X64tBc8.jpg

25I8fhd.jpg

Many thanks for the kind words Gary, you just reminded to go and put another coat of tung oil on the Gerlach. I don't do a lot with any of my knives, apart from sharpen them, and oil them very occasionally, but I thought the covers on that knife were a little dried out. Been soaking up the tung oil! :D
I'm a bit late posting today, as I went out for coffee with my mate. I like my knives like I like my coffee! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Hope the tung oil helps polish the Polish covers, Jack! ;):thumbsup:
Bewitching brace of black beauties! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Gary, didn’t cut much other than my apple, but the action on both these knives is very satisfying and a good was to release a little stress during my prep period. 😄👍
:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m hauling these today for Black Friday. Have a good one everybody. 😊View attachment 1646606
Dandy dark duo, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary !!! :) ... Mason hasn't missed a beat. Lots of extra attention to "sweeten" things for him
Good to hear! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

KA-BAR Whaler, and a Schrade USA 77OT Improved Muskrat ~ a thoughtful gift from Old Hunter Old Hunter ~ for me today.View attachment 1646601View attachment 1646600
Really like that second photo of your pair, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Winsome whittler! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I'm covering bases for both black Friday and fancy Friday today. The presidential is one of my favorite equal end jacks, can't wait for the 68s (if I can score one)! Happy Friday to all!

pGrz1nV.jpg
Those Presidentials are preeminent knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Feeling fancy today so, it's the Black Curly Maple Sowbelly.

View attachment 1646680
Fantastic fancy sowbelly, ED! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tom's Choice & Tim's choice today :)
7CcEiPD.jpg
Terrific Choice, Tim (& Tom)! 🤓:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You have some real attractive Lakotas! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

TGIF everyone!

q7MTSaU.jpg
Scintillating Possum Skinner! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Buck Cadet and a Stallion

0T9mZhU.jpg
That pair looks great on the star stump, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Just right, John. You used the perfect hide for it. Nice and stiff so it provides real protection when I bang into something. Which happens.
Flexible enough that a squeeze lets the knife out.
:thumbsup:
Good analysis of some of the super features of the slips John makes! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Toting the two Lambs today with mostly black covers (horn and Jack Black ebony.) :)
Captivating couple of lambsfoot examples, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm just sorting out a few things for my walk tomorrow :) Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup:

ZkkH3EE.jpg
Looks like you were well-prepared, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah, something triggers each one of us! OH
;):thumbsup:

Quality lambsfoot quintet, Jim! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I envy you with your access to a knife-centric art gallery!😁

Fantastic old Imperial knife with a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it, GT. 🤠:thumbsup:
Thanks for your encouragement, John. 🤓

Plenty of yard work is on the schedule today, so I have a couple of good workers with me.
Those will get a lot done, for sure! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

A lot of these splendid BF Bucks are showing up recently! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I love the wallet
Thanks, Jon. 🤓 It's a Rawlings tri-fold that was on clearance once at my local grocery and everything else store, and I bought it to be a "knife wallet". The "stitching" is a real bonus.
open.3panels.jpg

- GT

Got one more T- Post to pull and since it's fall, I'm totin an orange 4 5/8" Case Sod Buster. Here it is with my home made T- Post pulling gear.

View attachment 1648192
I use bumper jacks salvaged from my old cars and some chain to wrap around the post and hook with the jack.
Really like that second photo of your pair, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Jon. 🤓 It's a Rawlings tri-fold that was on clearance once at my local grocery and everything else store, and I bought it to be a "knife wallet". The "stitching" is a real bonus.
View attachment 1648743

- GT
Thank you, and that’s a great wallet there!
The only downside would be my tendency to fill it to capacity.

I am totin a ring, a hole, and a shackle today.BE14D514-D961-4C6F-9EF9-8AFA55D226AA.jpeg12231BAC-85AE-4A03-9D56-05EE108A9533.jpeg

Last edited:
2018 Blade Forum Buck knifeView attachment 1648059A 110mm Victorinox Picnicker because Mrs. Fleschwund is allowing me, if nothing changes, to tag along to her company picnic this afternoon. I am not in trouble at this point, but it’s still early.
View attachment 1648061And, this modernish fixed blade from Kershaw.View attachment 1648062Have a great Sunday. The weather here is just about as good as it gets ~ hope it is there!
Well it is now today and yesterday you were going to TAG-A-LONG to Mrs. Fleschwund's company party , so how did you get-a-long Tag ????
I like your big Vic or Wenger ??? I really don't know them that well , but it does look comfortable for the hand and sometime I just need a Big Blade .

Harry

Back