What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

#92 and #77

60SMWPK.jpg

Today is the U. S. Navy's Birthday !!!!!!!!! Established - October 13, 1775 so, I'm carrying my Shellback token along with the 2021 BF knife and going to the Wagon Wheel Cafe to celebrate and wearing the hat that's on my head in my Avatar. GO NAVY !!!!!!

View attachment 1659492
View attachment 1659493
Happy Birthday USN!.
Dad was in the Mediterranean on the destroyer USS Cassin Young when I was born, so he found out by telegram.
Do you remember the Navy historical comic books? Dad brought them home for me, I had every page memorized, and one of the highlights of my boyhood was getting to board the USS Constitution ~ Old Ironsides.
Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund I recognize that map! I'm from that area and I get back to it often. Shoot, I've even got the park cap. It's been years, but I've been on that very swinging bridge. There's plenty to see around there, I hope the rest of your trip goes great.

Wooden Wednesday: GEC 72 in Blackwood.

View attachment 1659571
You certainly grew up in a great area! Really pretty, and the people are just freindly as heck.

Old Hunter Old Hunter ~ Sadly, just not enough time to make it worth buying a license, but I have seen a lot of very fishable spots!

Nifebrite is fun ... makes me feel young. Can abuse this bullnose a little and feel good about it, Farm and Field afterall. Easier to Flitz than worry about wiping off moisture. Much needed rain popped out a few shrooms.

GEC71nifebrite-1.jpg

We went into Blue Ridge for all of the shops, etc...
My daughter tagged along with me while the grand daughters went with my wife. The owner of Blue Ridge Knives, Dennis, was a friendly guy who insisted on giving my daughter one of his shirts. He also had a child with Down Syndrome.
Even though there’s no secret handshake, it is a very special club.
2FCEB4A1-3D9E-4795-B2D0-EA0BBA1373E2.jpegI don’t think Dennis was familiar with a Lambfoot, because he spent a minute or two looking mine over. And though he did have a nice Case display, I’m pretty sure the majority of his sales are not traditionals.

Nice look up a valley from a roadside church cemetary...22C3737B-3EAA-4B3B-BC46-D7EC22355783.jpegThe Lambfoot earning it’s patina cutting avocado, lime and cilantro for guacamole.7D0AB673-6860-48D2-B7E9-983AEEE445BE.jpeg

I picked these two out for tomorrow. Another Ohta with a drop point and some drop dead stag, along with a Wharnie made by one of our own, zuluninja. CPM-S35VN and Cocobolo. The sheath has a crocodile overlay, pretty cool.
1i61Yu4.jpg

Today I have to change my plans as this arrived this morning, thanks to Barrett aka btb01. 😀👍
First impressions are excellent, razor sharp from the box (in fact sharper than CPM154), great feel in hand, F&F like BFK18. 👍
Gonna be user for sure!
301_Sept21.jpg

Last edited:
Back