What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

My forum knife came in yesterday, so I carried it today. I really like it. I used it to cut up fruit for my lunch and the kids’ lunches this morning and already got the patina going.

M75lPDj.jpg

LpQg61y.jpg

J4gFP5d.jpg

Iris’ nightly apple featuring Indian River Jack in 🦒 bone.

Wanted to use my Spring Street Barlow tonight but it’s surprisingly REALLY dull! Just about the only nitpick I can find on this knife. All my other 86 Barlows are the sharpest it’s ever been from the factory.

Still learning how to use my Wicked Edge so until I sharpen a few traditionals first I’ll have to just admire the BF 21 until I put a wicked edge on it 😃

Counting down to Halloween with Michael du Plessis's Coffin jack!View attachment 1664120
I always get a kick out of this pattern.

It instantly makes me think of the old west. I can picture a grizzled gunslinger leaning against a post outside the saloon doors, cutting up slices of jerky in his hand.

One eye on his horse tied to the water trough, and the other on the irate drunk who just lost a card game and is scaring the gentle folk.

I love the new forum knife I hope to get one some day.

Its a a bit of a flashy right winger running down the line like Willie Morgan no7 on his back, shirt untucked, sending over pin point crosses.

Whereas my Soduster 01 is Bobby Moore in defence cool,calm,dependable,nothing flash but when you look close getting the job done in his own style.

If I was still serving I would be carrying these 2.

The Sodbuster for cutting up ropes and cam nets,opening spares and boxes of compo,trimming frayed webbing and notching a branch to take guy lines.

My SAK for scraping of carbon of my weapon,tighening screws,punching a hole in my belt,opening a beer and a myriad of other uses.

Using my issued clasp knife in this phtoo.

image hosting site

Last edited:
I love the new forum knife I hope to get one some day.

Its a a bit of a flashy right winger running down the line like Willie Morgan no7 on his back, shirt untucked, sending over pin point crosses.

Whereas my Soduster 01 is Bobby Moore in defence cool,calm,dependable,nothing flash but when you look close getting the job done in his own style.

If I was still serving I would be carrying these 2.

The Sodbuster for cutting up ropes and cam nets,opening spares and boxes of compo,trimming frayed webbing and notching a branch to take guy lines.

My SAK for scraping of carbon of my weapon,tighening screws,punching a hole in my belt,opening a beer and a myriad of other uses.

Using my issued clasp knife in this phtoo.

image hosting site

Nice. Although it took me a bit to get past the soccer nonsense.😆

{No offense intended!}

Last edited:
Back