What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I love that pairing JJ, the big, bold Bull Buster is a beauty, and just makes the exquisite wee Stockman look all the cooler :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack!!! :) :thumbsup:
Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup: Hartshead Barlow and my Nicholas Nichols Pocket Cleaver ;) :thumbsup:

hCaKEw0.jpg

CdxLMgZ.jpg
Wonderful images of your super cool totes today; your Nicholas Nichols Pocket Cleaver literally looks like a fine art piece! 😁 :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Be interested to know Rachel :) Nice Barlow, and it looks like your rosemary looks like it might be bouncing back :)
Oh, I wish, Jack, but that is an old photo. (I'm too lazy to re-shoot all the photos I took using the rosemary backdrop) It's well and truly dead, but I'm going to use the old stem and root for something one of these days. Maybe I'll sand and wax it like a piece of driftwood art.
5fJJaEH.jpg

hC70JtE.jpg

Thank you very much, Jack!!! :) :thumbsup:

Wonderful images of your super cool totes today; your Nicholas Nichols Pocket Cleaver literally looks like a fine art piece! 😁 :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Toting some Sheffield Stag for Saturday. :)
Thanks a lot JJ, my NN has been cleaving pizza this evening! :D That's a great Saturday choice - or any other day for that matter ;) :) :thumbsup:
Oh, I wish, Jack, but that is an old photo. (I'm too lazy to re-shoot all the photos I took using the rosemary backdrop) It's well and truly dead, but I'm going to use the old stem and root for something one of these days. Maybe I'll sand and wax it like a piece of driftwood art.
5fJJaEH.jpg

hC70JtE.jpg
Ah, sorry Rachel, that's such a shame :( It's great to see your Forum Knife though :) I just checked my tracking, and mine has left Chicago, and is on its way across The Pond :) :thumbsup:

Ah, sorry Rachel, that's such a shame :( It's great to see your Forum Knife though :) I just checked my tracking, and mine has left Chicago, and is on its way across The Pond :)
Yes, I do miss that rosemary plant. It was a housewarming gift from when I moved into this house. I still feel lucky, since I made it through the winter storm without any injuries or burst pipes, like a lot of folks around here.
Good news that the knife is moving again. 👍 When you open the tube, let me know if you want to trade back. 😆😂🤣

Victorinox SAK 1977 in my pocket around the house.

I use the awl a lot,today it was making pilot holes for screws in my back gate.

Original Britool spanners are as good as any make and still going strong, I had them from new must be 35 years now.

The mines sign is one of a massive batch I took into Mostar when it was one of the most dangerous places to go,particulary in a big white UN truck.

Interesting pics, Johnny! :thumbsup: Your MINES sign reminded me that I had this one. Unfortunately I don’t really know anything about it.

yKGfyMI.jpg

That would be cool. The material is richlite, which I’m not sure if GEC has used, but I know Case uses it. It’s funny you thought of that blade etch, because my name is actually Bart.

Nice! 😁 I guess the downside to recycling that material from a skate ramp would be that most of the character would probably just be on the surface, and potentially lost once it came time to shape and finish the handles.

Put this one in my pocket for today . Re-cycled photos

Harry

That’s a beautiful “old” Northfield Barlow, Harry!

Well shucks...all scratched up now, I guess I'll keep it🤦‍♂️

View attachment 1665569

Fantastic! 😁 :thumbsup:

Chuffed.

I just sat down to a big bowl of hot soup and to watch the latest video from the Engineering genius that is Alan Millyard tinkering with his Kawasaki Z 6 cylinder.

When the postman who always rings twice arrived.

This wont be collected or sold for a profit, its a user for me the perfect outdoor tool.

Its already been cleaned,oiled etc. and put to use.

very,very pleased.

That’s a great score! 😎 I have several Bull Noses and Busters, but they’re all 2015+. My only O1 GEC/F&F is a #99 Farmer Lock I bought from another member here a few years back.

Got all my blade shape bases covered today.

mwuEXlv.jpeg

That’s a handsome trio. :thumbsup:

I’m still carrying my Medium Rare #86 Angus Jack. It didn’t help any with the pumpkin; Eleanor (5) drew the design and did most of the carving (with some help), so we were using the safer pumpkin-carving-kit “knives.”

QDsjCcr.jpg

Interesting pics, Johnny! :thumbsup: Your MINES sign reminded me that I had this one. Unfortunately I don’t really know anything about it.

yKGfyMI.jpg

Nice! 😁 I guess the downside to recycling that material from a skate ramp would be that most of the character would probably just be on the surface, and potentially lost once it came time to shape and finish the handles.

That’s a beautiful “old” Northfield Barlow, Harry!

Fantastic! 😁 :thumbsup:

That’s a great score! 😎 I have several Bull Noses and Busters, but they’re all 2015+. My only O1 GEC/F&F is a #99 Farmer Lock I bought from another member here a few years back.

That’s a handsome trio. :thumbsup:

I’m still carrying my Medium Rare #86 Angus Jack. It didn’t help any with the pumpkin; Eleanor (5) drew the design and did most of the carving (with some help), so we were using the safer pumpkin-carving-kit “knives.”

QDsjCcr.jpg
Thank you very much Barrett . It is from the Early 2015 run . They did another run later that year . It is most probably my favorite of all my Barlows .

Harry

Back