What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Every time I see that Bennet Springs mug, I get a flood of memories. Learned to work a fly rod there, and now I have both Grandpa and Grandma’s fly rods and reels.
There is something special about that place, and it isn’t just the fishing. Seems like every time you strike up a conversation with someone there it doesn’t take long before they are telling you how many years they’ve been coming down. Our kids basically grew up there. Thanks for sharing the fly rod story Jeff, makes me think of my father-n-law who was the first person to take me there. He’s gone now, but the memories are all good. 😊👍
Thank you, Todd. :)

Great. great, great picture... wish I was sitting next to shootin' the breeze. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Leave now, drive straight through, and you can be here by tomorrow afternoon. I’ll split some more wood. 😄👍
Sweet picture Jon, have a great day. 😊👍

Morning all.

i-wWbX5gV-X3.jpg

Great picture and carry, Jack... Have a good day. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Happy Saturday
Thanks a lot John, you too buddy, that's a fab-looking Boker :cool: :thumbsup:
The wrench knife came with a janky tip, but I ground a better edge on it, and I expect to get a chance to try it out this weekend. I'll find out if it's just a novelty item. I wonder if they use the same steel as on a wrench?

Good point. The additional tools of an SAK could come in handy. I didn't think of it because I don't often have a fixed blade on me, while I always have a pocketknife.

Today, I'm carrying this NF Barlow. I love a straight edge secondary blade.
YGobMrF.jpg
Be interested to know Rachel :) Nice Barlow, and it looks like your rosemary looks like it might be bouncing back :) :thumbsup:
Hope everyone has time for some fun this weekend ;)

q8dqTis.jpeg
Great pic Mike! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Todd. :)

That's a very cool looking little fixed blade. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Great. great, great picture... wish I was sitting next to shootin' the breeze. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Thanks, John! I had fun making it, and the sheath.
The sheath lacks your artistry, but it’s safe and secure.
Another desert find from years ago. My newest project. :eek:
NJapbfq.jpg
Great find on a great knife. Or should I say rescue?
Please share pics after you’ve cleaned it up!

That looks like a perfect way to spend the morning. 👍 (nice knives, too)

Your lattes always look so delicious.
No latte, just a straight up triple espresso…that’s the natural crema that is formed when you use a real espresso machine…because I tend to “pull” triples, the crema tends to be very thick and creamy. I’ll sometimes add a splash of cold milk to my first espresso in the morning but I don’t use the steamer (except of course for my wife’s lattes).

Thanks Bart! It’s so relaxing. Maybe you and John JohnDF JohnDF can carpool and come on over. John can only drive as far as Omaha! 🤣
I can drive all the way to your place... somebody's going to have to drive me home though. 🤣
Sounds like a plan, I can do the drive home. Keep the fire burning. 😁

No latte, just a straight up triple espresso…that’s the natural crema that is formed when you use a real espresso machine…because I tend to “pull” triples, the crema tends to be very thick and creamy. I’ll sometimes add a splash of cold milk to my first espresso in the morning but I don’t use the steamer (except of course for my wife’s lattes).
Even better! I generally drink my coffee black. I do like a good latte, though.

I’m carrying my soda scout today while we finish up the ramp.

AmYptBR.jpg

Back