What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I’ve never carried this old Camillus with me before but it’s clearly lived a full life before I was even born. This past weekend I decided it’s time to bring it out of retirement so I flushed it out real well, gave each blade a fresh edge, and into the pocket it goes!

I did decide it’s a two-knife kinda day though, as this 77 is just tough to leave behind.

IMG-3545.jpg

Thank you, sir! Must be "beginner's luck" as it was my first attempt at performing any such kind of modification.

First try!! 😎
You're welcome & that's awesome! I did an EZ open mod to my Micarta trapper a little while back as well. Like you, I used a rotary tool to start & then finished shaping it with files followed by sandpaper. Old pic.

view

Here's a factory Case EZ open, my "Orange Crush" 😉
view

I love a good pinchable blade, so naturally I'm drawn towards EZ opens.

I discovered I have a group of quotes that are a couple of weeks old! Let's see if I can remember why I quoted them. :rolleyes:o_O🤓

That's a beauty, Bob! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
(Part of its appeal is that it's shaped like an integral symbol from calculus! ;))

I really like the blade combo on that bi-color knife! Full-sized spear/sheepsfoot is right up my alley. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That Case sowbelly is special! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I picked up some tax forms at the library a couple of weeks ago, but I also printed some forms from the IRS website. I still file paper forms via USPS, but I suppose I should at least try TurboTax or something one of these years.

I think my Mom would sometimes order Reader's Digest Condensed Books, but I don't recall reading many of them. I liked the monthly magazine, especially the "regular departments" such as "It Pays to Increase Your Word Power", "Laughter - the Best Medicine", Life In These United States", and "Humor in Uniform".

Splendid trio of knives there, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Yeah, I think the RMDs that I have to start this year will complicate my tax life from now on, Bob. :rolleyes:

Fine pairs of farm animals, Steve & Todd! :thumbsup::cool:🤓

Handsome handles, hombre! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

You Brits are so lucky! 🤓

Beautiful brace of Barlows, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
And your puzzle is the type I like to work on. I hate the puzzles that have big chunks of space essentially almost the same color. I much prefer ones like this where there are lots of identifiable individual sections, like all the different dogs that I can work on. I can pick up a puzzle piece, search the picture on the box for a minute, and often know approximately where the piece has to go.

Thanks for the info on the handle material, Todd. :thumbsup:
I was reading a novel (The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach) earlier this week and actually came across the word "paradisiac"! 😲

Superb pair of knives with LOTS of blades from which to choose! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Big age difference, but both superb, Bob! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Breathtaking bone, sir! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Stunning pair, Barrett! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That's a cool lockback Barlow, Mike! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Hope you continue to come through the inevitable seasonal storms unscathed.

Those knives should make "girls' week out" very survivable! :thumbsup::thumbsup:🤓

I have a Buck 371 like yours; solid, useful knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

I am no Brit I’m English,you North American continent you. 🤣🤣🤣

Or Limey if you prefer,I love where that name came from. 😎

Chasing Dragons,road trip to Wales in my car. 😁

Lucky I am not on my bike really as the weather has gone wintry massive cold hail stones today. 😄

I always try to find something of interest for you, I will post more when back home with internet.

Last shop I went in today I found a CJ I now have 3,gave it a quick clean at the hotel which gave it more snap.

Can’t wait to get back and clean it properly. ❤️

Back