What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Nice pair, David🤙
How is it that I don’t have any media on my attachments and still can’t share a pic? I’m supposed to have 5mb of media with my paid subscription on this forum, but am only allotted 2mb???? This is getting old.

Moderators, please help me with this. Thank you in advance.
Are you re-sizing your photos to get under the 1MB limit?

ephsea ephsea ~
Yes. Paul ordered it from one of our BF knifemakers, Daado Daado . Vintage rag micarta, sturdy pocket sheath.

8-FADBCAB-EF14-43-A4-901-F-9495-C72-D1-C63.jpg

10YLEcM.jpeg

Corpsegrinder makin his debut with the Sodbuster Jr
Corpsegrinder?!
He does look like he's plotting something. World domination perhaps 🤔
Case XX Barlow 2024 and my Solingen made "Lion of Lucerne" - "William Tell" 🍎 folder for Wednesday. 😊

T8-P6223-Small.jpg
Case should hire you to take their pics 🤩 For lots and lots of money 💰
We do encounter some "interesting", (to put it nicely), people there. that's for sure.
Hey....I resemble that remark 😜

I discovered I have a group of quotes that are a couple of weeks old! Let's see if I can remember why I quoted them. :rolleyes:o_O🤓

Wednesday, wood, ettrick.( karelian burl)
That's a beauty, Bob! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
(Part of its appeal is that it's shaped like an integral symbol from calculus! ;))

8rKgRvd.jpg

That's better.
I really like the blade combo on that bi-color knife! Full-sized spear/sheepsfoot is right up my alley. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That Case sowbelly is special! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I don’t see why they’d make you file quarterly as long as you are paying up on time, but nothing would surprise me.
Years ago, I used an accountant to deal with my tax mess due to being a salesman with lots of obscure deductions. When she quit, I went back to picking up the forms at the library, and doing them with a pencil and calculator. Then, they stopped the forms, then my old desktop could not run tax software.
So now I gather it all up, and let an accounting firm handle it again. Our taxation system is a travesty.

When you mentioned Reader’s Digest, it reminded me of my Grandparents. They had a subscription, and I’d read them at their house. Good for people who don’t really like reading, but want to be able to say they’ve read a book. 😜

If I were an author, I’d be ticked at what they “digested” out.
I picked up some tax forms at the library a couple of weeks ago, but I also printed some forms from the IRS website. I still file paper forms via USPS, but I suppose I should at least try TurboTax or something one of these years.

I think my Mom would sometimes order Reader's Digest Condensed Books, but I don't recall reading many of them. I liked the monthly magazine, especially the "regular departments" such as "It Pays to Increase Your Word Power", "Laughter - the Best Medicine", Life In These United States", and "Humor in Uniform".

Splendid trio of knives there, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

👌
I hear you concerning the tax man. I've been paying quarterly estimates since I retired, made worse with required withdrawals from IRA's 😥
Yeah, I think the RMDs that I have to start this year will complicate my tax life from now on, Bob. :rolleyes:

Lamb and a Pony

index.php

My Lamb and Pony show. 😎👍
Fine pairs of farm animals, Steve & Todd! :thumbsup::cool:🤓

I’ve got the recovers covered today.

Handsome handles, hombre! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

You dont have any tits (blue) are you sure....we have loads in England 🤭
You Brits are so lucky! 🤓

Carrying these 2 today . The Original Russell is not very big in the pocket but the Colonial Russell Commemorative is a LOAD .
KaP1IW1.jpg

I have checked this photo out with Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund and he thinks it will be okay to show you young people what Old People do for fun when it is too bad to be outside and have looked at all their knives multiple times . Especially when you have kids with a sense of humor and don't know what to get you for Christmas . If the Mods would like for me to remove it , I will remove it .
PUZZLE :
tJYtOdw.jpg

Harry
Beautiful brace of Barlows, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
And your puzzle is the type I like to work on. I hate the puzzles that have big chunks of space essentially almost the same color. I much prefer ones like this where there are lots of identifiable individual sections, like all the different dogs that I can work on. I can pick up a puzzle piece, search the picture on the box for a minute, and often know approximately where the piece has to go.

Thanks Gary. It does have stripes, root beer float acrylic is what they call it.

I hadn’t heard of it either! I was searching for synonyms myself. 🤣
Thanks for the info on the handle material, Todd. :thumbsup:
I was reading a novel (The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach) earlier this week and actually came across the word "paradisiac"! 😲

7-F10-C082-3547-4333-9-A48-2934469-A6-B69.jpg

79006-D34-9314-4-B89-9890-71047056-A087.jpg

High Carbon Cattle and Pioneer laying on the sleeve of my Barbour Border Coat on a rainy day while I get new all season rubber put on my Subaru. I’ll save the winter tires for later.
Superb pair of knives with LOTS of blades from which to choose! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Big age difference, but both superb, Bob! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I*XL Lamb and an Ulster Jack

index.php
Breathtaking bone, sir! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Afzelia Albers Lamb and a Unicorn Ivory #25 for me the last couple days.

lGrm8r6.jpg
Stunning pair, Barrett! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

AG Russell lockback barlow. Frog approved 🐸
That's a cool lockback Barlow, Mike! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Hope you continue to come through the inevitable seasonal storms unscathed.

My wife, daughter, and grand girl have been out of town, in NYC for spring break/girls trip.... so I've been going stag this week, in more ways than one... the 74, and the swayback jack....

View attachment 2528094
Those knives should make "girls' week out" very survivable! :thumbsup::thumbsup:🤓

I have a Buck 371 like yours; solid, useful knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Back