What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Crucible Knife Co.
1926 - 1929 ( Goins )

"Papa" - I think McQueen would approve :)

37179161924_1d7c6e2480_b.jpg

Well I did not know they already do it in China!!!
But this is actually an original made in Germany (Solingen) in the year 2007.
Yep, I believe buzz Parker bought the name.
He was also having some fixed blades made in Spain which are the exact same knives Jim frost was having produced under the hen & rooster brand.
They seem really nice for 100$ with some well made looking sheaths.

I really like how this has half stops and opposing nail nicks.
It came in a real nice magnetic closure box too.
Just plain above and beyond the 9$ price tag.

Beautiful knife, Gev, in a sublime setting. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

"eeek" is right, Atiger. Very nice. :thumbsup:

Today is another day in blue jeans and carrying my Presidential.

Much appreciated Dean !! You can't help but look dapper dressed in that ;) The president is a gem

Carried, and used, this Queencut jack all day. It's one of the least expensive knives I have but the history is what makes it endearing. I picked it up for less than $15 but it came with issues. The blade was so bent that it would not close and the pivot very loose due to some prying abusing. I used a vice to straighten the blade and then peened the pivot to fix the wobble. After that it needed filing on the rivet which was now pronounced after the peening. After that I reprofiled the edge and it was ready for use. Quite a bit of work for a $15 knife but it was a great experience bringing back a knife which was destined for the boneyard made it a bit special.
rDRHi8H.jpg

I literally just unboxed this humpback whittler. It's gorgeous! A perfect compliment to my new Bose Case imo.
View attachment 784685
Amazing example of the Humpback pattern! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I could stare at that horn all day! :)

Start of another week. I think I'm going to be carrying this Lambsfoot for a while :) I don't usually care much for the contemporary Sheffield clip all the remaining manufacturers do. I quite like this swedged example by A.Wright though. Unfortunately, my table-top pic doesn't show the swedges! :rolleyes: Have a good week everyone :thumbsup:

Fantastic pair of blades, Jack! While you know how I feel about those Guardian's Lambfoot knives, I have to tell you I really like the looks of that clip point!

Today
37180814894_286411a43b_b.jpg

I’m mixing things up today, carrying an old WW2 era Camillus TL-29. This knife is still like a bear trap, 60 years later.

3ZxMDgNh.jpg
Wow yeah, I guess it's more like eighty years now....niiice knife! :thumbsup:
I am starting to see the appeal of the TL-29, tough little bugger eh.
And great to mod, but I wouldn't dream of changing that one.
Michael

Last edited:
Fantastic pair of blades, Jack! While you know how I feel about those Guardian's Lambfoot knives, I have to tell you I really like the looks of that clip point!

Today
37180814894_286411a43b_b.jpg

Thanks a lot my friend, I will have to get some better pics of that Clip :) Fantastic pic, I'm looking forward to getting my Guardians pocket-sheath :) :thumbsup:

Carrying these two today :thumbsup:

On-topic: I continue to carry the #68 Pony Jack pictured herein every day. :)

October 16th:

IMG_8387.jpg~original

2013 GEC #68 Pony Jack and 1903 tiny, leather notepad atop the late 1800s Railyard Tool Chest in which the note pad was discovered.

( paulhilborn paulhilborn - the fountain pen script!!)

~ P.
Cool journal P. Are there many more pages? (The PJ fits right in, like something the journal's owner might have carried.)

My apologies for the delay, but here I am (have I mentioned recently how much I love the new software feature that sends alerts when one has been quoted? I would have missed this otherwise, as this thread zoops by).

Context, late 1800s Railyard Chest:
IMG_8223.jpg~original

(As first seen in a friend's store)

At home in the glare:
IMG_8392.jpg~original

IMG_8393.jpg~original

IMG_8394.jpg~original

IMG_8395.jpg~original

Discovered inside a drawer by the shop owners, and generously included with the chest, an exquisite gilt-edged, leather-bound notepad, 4 1/4" x 2 3/8":
IMG_8405.jpg~original

IMG_8406.jpg~original

As seen previously, its first entry is from 1903, in fountain pen script:
IMG_8389.jpg~original

This is the only page scribed such, but after a gap of around 3 years someone else (possibly EARL?!) evidently used it as more of a grab-and-go, penciled-in note pad, which is equally endearing. Many (most?) of the pages are still blank, but there are notes throughout, seldom on consecutive pages, including maintenance records, tallies, quick measurments/specs, etc.-- and a List that's my favorite of all (last)!

IMG_8407.jpg~original

IMG_8499.jpg~original

IMG_8502.jpg~original

IMG_8503.jpg~original

IMG_8504.jpg~original

IMG_8505.jpg~original

IMG_8506.jpg~original

IMG_8510.jpg~original

AND:
IMG_8509.jpg~original

~ P.

Last edited:
On-topic: I continue to carry the #68 Pony Jack pictured herein every day. :)

My apologies for the delay, but here I am (have I mentioned recently how much I love the new software feature that sends alerts when one has been quoted? I would have missed this otherwise, as this thread zoops by).

Context, late 1800s Railyard Chest:
IMG_8223.jpg~original

(As first seen in a friend's store)

At home in the glare:
IMG_8392.jpg~original

IMG_8393.jpg~original

IMG_8394.jpg~original

IMG_8395.jpg~original

Discovered inside a drawer by the shop owners, and generously included with the chest, an exquisite gilt-edged, leather-bound notepad, 4 1/4" x 2 3/8":
IMG_8405.jpg~original

IMG_8406.jpg~original

As seen previously, its first entry is from 1903, in fountain pen script:
IMG_8389.jpg~original

This is the only page scribed such, but after a gap of around 3 years someone else (possibly EARL?!) evidently used it as more of a grab-and-go, penciled-in note pad, which is equally endearing. Many (most?) of the pages are still blank, but there are notes throughout, seldom on consecutive pages, including maintenance records, tallies, quick measurments/specs, etc.-- and a List that's my favorite of all (last)!

IMG_8407.jpg~original

IMG_8499.jpg~original

IMG_8502.jpg~original

IMG_8503.jpg~original

IMG_8504.jpg~original

IMG_8505.jpg~original

IMG_8506.jpg~original

IMG_8510.jpg~original

AND:
IMG_8509.jpg~original

~ P.

Wow P, that chest is absolutely incredible, what a great find :thumbsup: Cool notebook too (and the Pony Jack ain't too shabby ;) ) :cool: :thumbsup:

:cool: :thumbsup:

Yep, I believe buzz Parker bought the name.
He was also having some fixed blades made in Spain which are the exact same knives Jim frost was having produced under the hen & rooster brand.
They seem really nice for 100$ with some well made looking sheaths.

I really like how this has half stops and opposing nail nicks.
It came in a real nice magnetic closure box too.
Just plain above and beyond the 9$ price tag.

This is all changing and it is much cheaper to manufacture in China, any way thanks for the explanation!!!

Back