What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks, GT.
A little different today. It's still hard to let go of that Utica Tungsten, and I haven't entirely warmed up to the short and stout humpback. Great knife for Chicago or Cleveland, though.
GTvH8Uf.jpg

This pic was the best of four, I'm sorry to say. "As usual, the BBC wish to apologize for the poor quality of the film".

@5K Qs Thanks, GT. The SD trip was a great get-away to a gorgeous prairie setting, but a bit breezy for wingshooting. "Opignel #8" - I see what you did there. Quite clever!
- Stuart

Commendable classic, Clay!

My Big Knife of the Week isn't particularly big (a bit under 4"), a Colt stag muskrat:
xNHf2ER.jpg

My Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Kutmaster Girl Scout knife:
4SYw7WW.jpg

My K.N.I.F.E. (a relatively new knife not yet in my rotation schedule) knife this week is the Opignel #8 my daughter gave me:
erS7tez.jpg

- GT
Thanks Gary. Those are some fine knives you have chosen this week. I expect they will handle all the cutting chores you come across.
Clay

Almost 3 days behind, so I can't comment on all the fine knives I'd like to. :( We'll see how much time and space I have.

Thanks, FBC; Zorro is definitely a conversation starter. :)

Thanks, Shawn. :) I like that little "wire-frame" knife a lot, and I'm glad to have at least one example of the "novelty" Barlows (but doubt that I'd ever try to get a whole set ;)).

Thanks, AF. :)

Thanks for the positive reviews of the knives I posted, Jack. :) Your pair includes quite a wide variety of features! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those are a couple of phenomenal whittlers, Travman!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Something Old + Something New = Something Magnificent

Doubly dapper and distinguished, Dylan and Dean!! :thumbsup::cool:;):thumbsup:

I'm sure Zorro was adept at shelling peanuts with a couple of lightning sword strokes! ;)

Commendable classic, Clay! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

Congrats on the new TEW, Harry!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Your TWE knife trio is remarkable!! ;):cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Impressive threesome, Jer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That's a champion, Mark! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Resplendent Imperial EO teardrop jack, Steve!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Something fishy about this pic, Barry, but it's sure not the knife!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Superb stag, Alan; that Lloyd is very distinctive! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is the Lloyd a new one??

Devastating duo, ATB!! That orange Alox is so cheerful! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Two pristine Friday knives, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

To quote an eminent personality, "Nice ALOX", Tom! ;);):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Regal stockman, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Belated welcome back from the SD hunt! :))

That's a beauty, oldtymer! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Looks like you've put quite an acute edge on the blades?

My Big Knife of the Week isn't particularly big (a bit under 4"), a Colt stag muskrat:
xNHf2ER.jpg

4SYw7WW.jpg

My K.N.I.F.E. (a relatively new knife not yet in my rotation schedule) knife this week is the Opignel #8 my daughter gave me:
erS7tez.jpg

- GT

Thanks for the kind words GT, excellent choices above my friend :) :thumbsup:

MX1FmOx.jpg

A Churchill came with me to Canada, so he’ll be my companion for a few days!

This is a terrific picture! Enjoy your stay in Canada, gorgeous country up there.

A fantastic pairing! Looks like winter is coming...

zYdTJKJ.jpg

These two...the forum knife has a huge spot in my collection thanks to a great member of this forum. Porch sitting doesn't get much better than this!

Great duo of knives, that 77 is a real treat, and your Forum knife is sporting some of the meanest patina that I have seen yet on those knives. Well loved, indeed.

I have these two with me today :) Have a fun Friday folks, nearly the weekend :thumbsup:

Perfect pairing today, Jack. I love the landscape behind your Unicorn.

Thank you, GT, you are sporting some great choices today.

Today I decided to roll out with a couple of 35s. I was struck by the fact that though carrying two of them might be seen as an exercise in redundancy, there are 4 completely different blades between the two. Not a lot I couldn't get done, I imagine...

9fi2hd9.jpg

A rarer saw scout today, with resin impregnated rosewood covers, manufactured by Camillus for United Cutlery, under contract for the Sierra Club. A very beautiful knife.

xLKbckgh.jpg
You have such great knives! Looking at your pics always brings a memory to my mind and a smile to my face!

Perfect pairing today, Jack. I love the landscape behind your Unicorn.

Today I decided to roll out with a couple of 35s. I was struck by the fact that though carrying two of them might be seen as an exercise in redundancy, there are 4 completely different blades between the two. Not a lot I couldn't get done, I imagine...

9fi2hd9.jpg

Thank you my friend, nice combination :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Tom, a very useful-looking combination, as always, my friend. I love those pebbles too! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks my friend! Might try some fall shots this weekend, perfect weather (50's and overcast, my favorite).

To quote an eminent personality, "Nice ALOX", Tom! ;);):thumbsup::thumbsup:

xNHf2ER.jpg

4SYw7WW.jpg

erS7tez.jpg

- GT

Thanks GT! Not sure about eminent, maybe undistinguished? ;)

Terrific trio, love the carvings(?) on the Opinel and the scout looks like a fantastic user.

As usual, nice combo whetstone!
I went way outside my norm by carrying the pioneer today.
pmG1igRtj

Thanks Erik, terrific combo yourself! I have to try a Fiddleback someday, love the Pioneer.

Looking good Dean :thumbsup:

I have these two with me today :) Have a fun Friday folks, nearly the weekend :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! That is the classiest 25 I've ever seen. :thumbsup:

4SYw7WW.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Gary. Nice scout. :thumbsup:

A fantastic pairing! Looks like winter is coming...

9fi2hd9.jpg

Thank you! You have a classy pair there. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Today, a Yellow Rose 35:

LhQp9De.jpg

Nice catch, Barry! GEC oughta make a knife in Rainbow Trout Acrylic. :D

Great-looking TC Barrett :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack!

That's a fine pair you've got with you today! :thumbsup:

Through a fantastic deal on the exchange (thanks @3-1-1 ), I was able to score my first GEC. Actually, my first traditional since my Boy Scout Days. It's fresh out of the mail box and I just had to get a few glamour shots before putting her to use!

View attachment 787357

Wonderful fall photo, @rswanson! This time of year I really miss living back in the Ozarks. (We only get two seasons out here in the desert: summer and super-summer.)

MX1FmOx.jpg

A Churchill came with me to Canada, so he’ll be my companion for a few days!

Great photo! That looks like some serious whitewater! :eek:

zYdTJKJ.jpg

These two...the forum knife has a huge spot in my collection thanks to a great member of this forum. Porch sitting doesn't get much better than this!

Good looking pair, tmd! You've already got that forum knife looking well-used like your first one! :thumbsup:

erS7tez.jpg

GT, I know I've complimented you on it before, but I really like that Opignel! :D

Beautiful photo of your #35's, Dylan!

I put a new edge on this little Richards jack knife last night and dropped it in my pocket today. (Thanks Jack Black Jack Black !)

wdgdQ1Y.jpg

Thanks my friend! Might try some fall shots this weekend, perfect weather (50's and overcast, my favorite).

I'll look forward to seeing those Tom :) :thumbsup:

Bret Dowell Sowbelly Trapper (old pic but I’ve been carrying it pretty much everyday for the last 6 months or so). I also decided to take the top corner off of the bolster to completely round it off.

View attachment 787853
View attachment 787854

Nice Jake :thumbsup:

Nice catch, Barry! GEC oughta make a knife in Rainbow Trout Acrylic. :D

Thanks, Jack!

That's a fine pair you've got with you today! :thumbsup:

Wonderful fall photo, @rswanson! This time of year I really miss living back in the Ozarks. (We only get two seasons out here in the desert: summer and super-summer.)

Great photo! That looks like some serious whitewater! :eek:

Good looking pair, tmd! You've already got that forum knife looking well-used like your first one! :thumbsup:

GT, I know I've complimented you on it before, but I really like that Opignel! :D

Beautiful photo of your #35's, Dylan!

I put a new edge on this little Richards jack knife last night and dropped it in my pocket today. (Thanks Jack Black Jack Black !)

wdgdQ1Y.jpg

Nice to see that little Richards Barrett, I have one myself, and should carry it more often :) I bought them off the same guy, and it didn't look like they's ever been used. A shame he didn't have the old Richards display card, which was once ubiquitous here :thumbsup:

Great knives as usual! I grew up in Western NY and now spend my summers on Lake Chautauqua. It’s about an hour drive to Titusville, PA and I took the opportunity to drive down today. I was fortunate enough to run into Bill Howard and got a personal tour of the factory. Great people who take great pride in producing quality products. If you haven’t visited, you need to. Of course, I walked out with a few new toys! When I figure out the photo hosting sites, I’ll post pictures.

Back