What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

6dtttx.jpg

Same ol knife, new way to carry it. Works a treat.
kozkdWP.jpg

T1agqBA.jpg

Tell us more about the pouch. I can't quite read the snap? It sure is nice looking !!! And my hands are so chapped this year I thinks its a great idea.

Thanks, everybody! I celebrated all weekend, so today was pretty calm. ;)

Happy Birthday Rachell !!!! Keep celebrating tomorrow is going to be spectacular

Tell us more about that belt sheath!

Tell us more about the pouch. I can't quite read the snap? It sure is nice looking !!! And my hands are so chapped this year I thinks its a great idea.

It was handmade made in France by MAX CAPDEBARTHES. They make all manner of leather goods and a number of different sheaths. This particular one is made to accommodate 10 and 11cm Laguiole knives and works great with the 3 1/4" to 4" slip joints that I might carry. If you do a Google search there's a number of dealers that handle them.

I'm impressed with the workmanship and I think it's really going to work well for me.

Same ol knife, new way to carry it. Works a treat.
kozkdWP.jpg

T1agqBA.jpg

It was handmade made in France by MAX CAPDEBARTHES. They make all manner of leather goods and a number of different sheaths. This particular one is made to accommodate 10 and 11cm Laguiole knives and works great with the 3 1/4" to 4" slip joints that I might carry. If you do a Google search there's a number of dealers that handle them.

I'm impressed with the workmanship and I think it's really going to work well for me.

Nice set-up Gary, I have a couple of Max Capdebarthes pouches myself, and am grateful to @Chui-888 for drawing my eye to them :thumbsup:

The Vic went down to Canary islands, the island of Palma. What a great trip we had, me and my wife.

20180104_125637_zpskluzl2tj.jpg

Cool pic Mr Finn :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm carrying these two today, a Lambsfoot in ebony by Arthur Wright, and a Sleeveboard by William Rodgers :thumbsup:

I couldn't Help but comment on these, to me, fascinating examples of these humble knives. I really like the blade stamps and unique handle work of each one. These two really caught my eye and attention for more than a glance and a like.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you very much "sitflyer", I am very proud that you like and admire these humble Portuguese knives...

Wow!
How rare is a long pull on a scout?
I love it.

Not as rare as one might think. Queen has produced D2 scouts in the last few years with long pull main blades. Older stainless steel Western scouts have long pulls on all of the tools, and are very easy to find on auction. There's even a Sears Craftsman scout that is very common on auction, that has a long pull main blade.

One of the benefits of a hobby is the opportunity to learn something new at any moment. Today, I learned that the presence of a spey blade on a pen knife, in my case here a senator pen, creates an office knife. The spey is intended to be used to "erase" ink and is called an eraser blade in that setting. A Union Cutlery office knife from 1911-1951 and an Imperial 3 blade senator from 1935-1945. I like the cute little bolsters on both.

2CCsoBu.jpg

hnixLfL.jpg

9Uf7Wxa.jpg

- Stuart

Back