What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

How's that Enzo Necker treating you? Also, what wood are the covers?
Olive wood. There's not a lot of figure to the grain, but they smell nice! ;) It's a handy little slicer, and I'm sold on little fixed blades now.

I have another on the way in curly birch. :oops:

Excellent pair today, Jack! The covers on your Sleeveboard, are they Ivory, Bone, or some sort of synthetic?

These two are with me today.

0ac9Txi.jpg

Thanks Dylan, the covers on the Rodgers are just synthetic I'm afraid. That's a lovely ebony and ivory pairing you have there yourself :thumbsup:

Thanks Dylan, the covers on the Rodgers are just synthetic I'm afraid. That's a lovely ebony and ivory pairing you have there yourself :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info, Jack, and the compliments. I've been casually looking for a pen knife/sleeveboard for a bit and many of the ones I've come across have some form of synthetic/cellulose covers on them. Surprisingly though, many of them have blades that are still in terrific shape.

Thanks for the info, Jack, and the compliments. I've been casually looking for a pen knife/sleeveboard for a bit and many of the ones I've come across have some form of synthetic/cellulose covers on them. Surprisingly though, many of them have blades that are still in terrific shape.

I love old penknives Dylan, and the steel never disappoints. The Rodgers is a fairly large Sleeveboard, and I like it in spite of the modest covers :) :thumbsup:

Olive wood. There's not a lot of figure to the grain, but they smell nice! ;) It's a handy little slicer, and I'm sold on little fixed blades now.

I have another on the way in curly birch. :oops:

I didn't realize olive wood had a distinct smell. I own one juniper scaled Le Francais by Perceval that smells heavenly. Enzo seems to make really fine knives for their price. I'm glad you're enjoying your necker (and soon your second!).

One of the benefits of a hobby is the opportunity to learn something new at any moment. Today, I learned that the presence of a spey blade on a pen knife, in my case here a senator pen, creates an office knife. The spey is intended to be used to "erase" ink and is called an eraser blade in that setting. A Union Cutlery office knife from 1911-1951 and an Imperial 3 blade senator from 1935-1945. I like the cute little bolsters on both.

2CCsoBu.jpg

hnixLfL.jpg
:cool::cool::cool:

9Uf7Wxa.jpg

- Stuart
KILLER pieces Stuart!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Yikes! Behind again in this thread! I'll see if I can get within 24 hours of the present. :rolleyes:

Just a little Alox Lumberjack. Wasn't planning on sawing anything except a few logs during an afternoon nap!!

IMG_1821.jpg
Splendid model, @315 ! :cool::cool:

Camco today
9rlwmuU.jpg
Cool pic of a hot knife, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don't let that pic fool you, it gets messy when things get busy. :eek::D
The MAM again. sorry for the recycled pic.
34075045872_297333b69d_h.jpg
I'm still impressed that you don't let the workbench STAY messy after the busy times are over! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My big and small Lambsfoot combo today :thumbsup:

Big and small both have quite distinctive covers, Jack! :thumbsup::cool:

My new Klaas 4345. More ´bout it in the new additional thread
dsc00052.jpg
Congrats on the "old-fashioned" Klaas coke bottle, Dirk! :cool::thumbsup:

Trying to cut down.
tUpMt95.jpg

Oops.
825RKfS.jpg
:D Best laid plans ... :D

Yes indeed are good knives, as the specimens here exposed...
oss95w.jpg
What a praiseworthy pair, Pt-Luso!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back to the Cattle Knife for me. I didn't expect it to be so but its become my favorite. A perfect edc on its own or paired with my Inkosi.
View attachment 825566

View attachment 825567

View attachment 825568

View attachment 825570
Outstanding and elegant, Jason! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Today, I'm older than I've ever been.

View attachment 825578
Belated birthday well-wishes, r8shell!! :thumbsup::):):thumbsup:
I hope that as you age you become pleasingly pocket worn, like that old Böker! ;):p:D

On an overcast, mundane Monday, I decided to go with the flow and pick out a couple of knives that don't get to see the light (weak or not) of day very much. They are just "too ordinary" to show off to my buddies, though they do cut what i need them to cut without protest. They did not get much love before I got them (nor much since). I guess we all have a few like this. In any event, I'm letting these two out today. A Fight'n Rooster half hawkbill from 1977-1981 and an Imperial whittler from 1936-1952.

7tj7KdZ.jpg

- Stuart
Both very cool, and not "too ordinary" IMHO!! :cool::cool: The shield and its placement near the butt of the handle on the Fightin' Rooster is quite extraordinary to me! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Carrying these two to the first of many doctor appointments, Baby #3 on the way!

View attachment 825584
Congrats, HWF!! :thumbsup::)

Carrying these two today. Representative of my two favorite blade shapes and probably my ideal working size.

dxNb0So.jpg
Striking black/white pair, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::cool: (Saw the latest Star Wars movie with my family yesterday, and your knives reminded me of it! ;):cool:)

1Pf27qMqoRZKSnBUe1N0F6lVUZAOAkawk=w1280-h689-iv1

I'm carrying the 35, and the two Case knives stay on my desk, because they were gifted to me by students I've taught.

Happy Birthday r8shell r8shell !
JTB_5 JTB_5 , FWIW, I can't see your photos lately. They appear to me as a blue square containing a white question mark. :confused:
:(

Superb Lloyd drop point, Duane!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What an appealing classic, @TheChunk91 !! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Beautiful knives arren't they?
The TC cranberry red sawcut was actually my first TC/GEC and i couldn't be more happy with it.
Here's i quick picture i took of mine.

9R3GD5z.jpg
Congrats on the red sawcut sheepsfoot TC, @Kevin-B !!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My rotation schedule "ran out" last week after 29 weeks, so while I'm updating it with new arrivals that have come in over the past 7 months or so, I'm carrying some knives that I've acquired in the past couple of months.
Here's a Guardian Lambsfoot and an S&M #99, both generous gifts from @mrknife :
Gs4SlMy.jpg

Ubu18iR.jpg

And here are a couple of Christmas gifts from my wife, a stag folder from Spain (I think it's a Salamandra 10012) and a keychain gadget with a blade, a light, and some tools:
FA4yK4f.jpg

CfroAmu.jpg

Here's a Chinese Old Timer, Schrade 89OT Blazer, that came along with a deck of cards. My daughter gave this to me for Christmas (I actually bought and wrapped it, but she "gave" it to me :D):
LkZnS0M.jpg

- GT

Congrats on the "old-fashioned" Klaas coke bottle, Dirk! :cool::thumbsup:
- GT
Thanks GT, it became one of my favourites very soon. And it´s good to know, that they came back to the good from the past. Klaas build several of their old patterns again in the last months, but this one is their top of the list, IMHO.
BTW: nice spain made knife. Got several from Spain, all well made and a wonderfull design. I think, Salamandra also produces for Puma IP, there are several identical models.

Last edited:
That's a lovely new stag folder you have, GT!
Belated birthday well-wishes, r8shell!! :thumbsup::):):thumbsup:
I hope that as you age you become pleasingly pocket worn, like that old Böker! ;):p:D
Thanks! It's a nice thought, but I don't think we get smoother as we age. :p Skin gets wrinklier and personalities pricklier. :p

JTB_5 JTB_5 , FWIW, I can't see your photos lately. They appear to me as a blue square containing a white question mark. :confused:
:(
Me, too. I think some formats are incomparable with certain devices, but I haven't figured it out any pattern to it.

I think I know what is wrong with my picture attempts. I have usually been culling the URLs from instragram using Mozilla Firefox, but when I've used my phone I've tried uploading the URLs from Google Drive. I'm guessing that for some reason the link from Google Drive isn't working. I don't know why, though.

paulhilborn paulhilborn and black mamba black mamba Thanks, Paul and Jeff, for the kind comments on my pens. The covers on the Union make it a pleasure to show to my buddies over beers and its slimness make it a pleasure to carry.

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you, GT, for giving my "ordinary knives" a lift. I use the handy Fight'n Rooster to trim my occasional cigar, but your kind comments have gone to its head and it will only agree to cut small pieces of string cheese from now on. You shared a bevy of beautiful and useful blades. I like the stag handle and clean design of your sweet Spanish slicer, and the key chain gadget and the OT look ready to go to work.
- Stuart
-

Lots of great knives accompanying you guys in the cold snap

These two at work today. My wife, whom I love very much and have forgiven her, moved my clothes on the bathroom counter and dropped my Dunlap. It must’ve landed on the grout line cause it dimpled the bolster and the pin moved a touch I think. Accidents happen. It’s actually my fault for leaving it balanced up there lol. I think I’ll send it to Mr Jim for a fluff and buff and remove a stain or two that’s developed on the blades anyway

View attachment 824998

Ev’ry dimple tells a story don’t it...

I’d personally leave it be. Not only for the character, but because now that you’ve gotten that first ding, you can relax and carry and use it without worry.

One of the benefits of a hobby is the opportunity to learn something new at any moment. Today, I learned that the presence of a spey blade on a pen knife, in my case here a senator pen, creates an office knife. The spey is intended to be used to "erase" ink and is called an eraser blade in that setting. A Union Cutlery office knife from 1911-1951 and an Imperial 3 blade senator from 1935-1945. I like the cute little bolsters on both.

2CCsoBu.jpg

---snipped---
- Stuart

That's very interesting -- and they are quite beautiful!

Back