What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Ev’ry dimple tells a story don’t it...

I’d personally leave it be. Not only for the character, but because now that you’ve gotten that first ding, you can relax and carry and use it without worry.

Normally I would agree, but the pivot pin on one side looks like it moved a touch so I also want mr Jim to check it out. I’ve got several dings on pretty much all my other knives lol

D Duckdog when I was taking mechanical drawing a half century ago, I used razor blades or a really sharp pen knife to cut the India ink mistakes I made off the paper.
We did the same to "change" our "extra" drivers licenses so that we could buy beer in high school, Jerry. Love an Exacto knife! (or safety razor blade)
- Stuart

Yes indeed are good knives, as the specimens here exposed...
oss95w.jpg
Awesome pair, I bet they are wicked slicers. The knife on the top is really cool with the natural groves in the wood, you don't see that very often.
Today, I'm older than I've ever been.

View attachment 825578
A belated happy birthday to you. Those are two very nice pocket worn beauties!:thumbsup:

I'm still impressed that you don't let the workbench STAY messy after the busy times are over! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I was properly punished as a child for leaving tools laying about. :D

Chillin' with the ox horn Lambsfoot on this rainy day.
27827411019_0530fd3596_h.jpg

We did the same to "change" our "extra" drivers licenses so that we could buy beer in high school, Jerry. Love an Exacto knife! (or safety razor blade)
- Stuart

Didn't have to do that Stuart, plenty of bootleggers back in my day :D sold beer out of their homes. Had to know the password to get in the door (like a speakeasy).

I have an Über Skiver that is a much smaller version of an X-acto No. 1, uses surgical scapel blades cut off.

Awesome pair, I bet they are wicked slicers. The knife on the top is really cool with the natural groves in the wood, you don't see that very often.

A belated happy birthday to you. Those are two very nice pocket worn beauties!:thumbsup:

That particular ox horn is very special in its appearance.
- Stuart

Planning a backpack in northern Colorado to the Rawah Wilderness, where a local told us we stand a chance of seeing more moose than people. What better knife to carry today?

View attachment 826409

Good looking covers on that Bull Moose!

I first visited the Rawah Wilderness in 1977...great trip! Back then you could camp right at Blue Lake. Scramble to the top of Clark Peak for some epic views!
I went in July and the wildflowers were breathtaking. Didn’t see any moose, though.

I think I know what is wrong with my picture attempts. I have usually been culling the URLs from instragram using Mozilla Firefox, but when I've used my phone I've tried uploading the URLs from Google Drive. I'm guessing that for some reason the link from Google Drive isn't working. I don't know why, though.

So can you folks see the image below?

46m89lfP32QA5LL4ms-YWJ47mf_VmY3wV-Kg8KZOOtPM5uPgvCLeswlFHKHfH4UMO2djwo1Pu24CMqnfxGVOOCxfzLJjFzak6VNnckkC04_wrqFq5WzB7uda4AY-Y1Hnj_XGQwUJQCSWydsvD3AJeXuM1on_24d7TrWvGj37zUi-ufO2UFvkCI7D7C7OYYmgY-BtadUeNdPy0whJCNMU3s0ewcXK5SS7xoZ-haYZW3EMRcrO94dEpbYsMA0WCOuyJzn3tskwHKNSQrzj7iWOA9HdDuxXKt2OujQ1zAzu809adaznpyRl0SeSKRjh77VVkRIL5qSYVYRQuxdQDnhwe_TledULqAy0Zm4vPI5NaBxuCtRaoZ3brlvdY8n_f9LGa0QsI4fVdgckJ_z2JxLm0HGl4Hh07hQF6PJd48wYW1lnRtBw9ygr4TkK3SiaQecqRVYyz7KPMO6tJPwNwjHME67skWxxjD7X2JuXcoYFD1VDirGFulmBqvNObPIvmxg0_GztxINVPockTt_wMmbAb_B5wtC5kVrfvVeFkwmBn02PrdEXMnc_D92j4ZE6Lo2_IjazKYaw0uAsSxpzJsjCNwpzlPgpWPgLNq_yAy0=w918-h703-no

Big and small both have quite distinctive covers, Jack! :thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on the "old-fashioned" Klaas coke bottle, Dirk! :cool::thumbsup:

:D Best laid plans ... :D

What a praiseworthy pair, Pt-Luso!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Outstanding and elegant, Jason! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Belated birthday well-wishes, r8shell!! :thumbsup::):):thumbsup:
I hope that as you age you become pleasingly pocket worn, like that old Böker! ;):p:D

Both very cool, and not "too ordinary" IMHO!! :cool::cool: The shield and its placement near the butt of the handle on the Fightin' Rooster is quite extraordinary to me! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats, HWF!! :thumbsup::)

Striking black/white pair, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::cool: (Saw the latest Star Wars movie with my family yesterday, and your knives reminded me of it! ;):cool:)

JTB_5 JTB_5 , FWIW, I can't see your photos lately. They appear to me as a blue square containing a white question mark. :confused:
:(

Superb Lloyd drop point, Duane!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What an appealing classic, @TheChunk91 !! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on the red sawcut sheepsfoot TC, @Kevin-B !!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My rotation schedule "ran out" last week after 29 weeks, so while I'm updating it with new arrivals that have come in over the past 7 months or so, I'm carrying some knives that I've acquired in the past couple of months.
Here's a Guardian Lambsfoot and an S&M #99, both generous gifts from @mrknife :
Gs4SlMy.jpg

Ubu18iR.jpg

And here are a couple of Christmas gifts from my wife, a stag folder from Spain (I think it's a Salamandra 10012) and a keychain gadget with a blade, a light, and some tools:
FA4yK4f.jpg

CfroAmu.jpg

Here's a Chinese Old Timer, Schrade 89OT Blazer, that came along with a deck of cards. My daughter gave this to me for Christmas (I actually bought and wrapped it, but she "gave" it to me :D):
LkZnS0M.jpg

- GT

Thanks a lot GT, very generous of young Jack, and your wife, they have great taste :) I got one of those Blazers too! :D :thumbsup:

Planning a backpack in northern Colorado to the Rawah Wilderness, where a local told us we stand a chance of seeing more moose than people. What better knife to carry today?

View attachment 826409

Sounds like a fantastic trip :thumbsup: Great pic, and an excellent Moose. I have a couple of vintage map-measurers (with compass) just like that :thumbsop:

Nice to put some sunshine in your pocket on a rainy day :) :thumbsup:

My carry today :) :thumbsup:

Back