What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I like that dapper dark duo, Tom! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
bmtQ8vG.jpg

- GT

Thanks GT, I love that Sodbuster of yours :thumbsup:

Mine for today:

[url=https://postimg.org/image/4tcy233bx/][/URL]

Man, don't read the thread for a day or so and time passes you by. Since I've had this LC I know what all the fuss is about. It's big and stout enough to handle the toughest sandwich, it's got good looks and it still carries well in my jeans. The drop point 25 speaks for itself.
image.jpeg

"A sad day on the homestead yesterday. By trusty Boker 494 sheepsfoot Barlow was lost out on the lake ice. My work pants for the day had a hole in the pocket so I had slipped the knife into the watch pocket. Off to do a little ice fishing before work and the knife is somewhere between my cabin and my hole in the ice. Under a foot or two of snow and, come spring, lost to the depths of the lake I commute on. It has been a while since I had lost a knife and this one has been my companion for two and a half years. A true E.D.C.". Quote

As OC as I am when I go to get something and I can't find it I'd still be out looking for it, LOL

Last edited:
I saw some cocobolo handled knives posted recently (after my ebony postings) and it got me looking. Today, I've picked a Cattaraugus equal end jack (1826-1963) with cocobolo covers, But so as not to add to much cocobolo clutter, I've also picked Robeson Shuredge regular jack (1940-1964). Both Cattaraugus Cutlery and Robeson once were located in Little Valley, NY (as were several others).

XFnb9qi.jpg

CZN4aVC.jpg

VbCYtbX.jpg

Jp4jyya.jpg

- Stuart

Actually keep my ALOX in there and my primary, an American Jack GEC 78 (most recently) in my watch pocket, but really like this little handmade setup from hitch and timber.

iYKL29B.jpg
Michael does great work and is a pleasure to deal with. Nice leather sir!

I have decided to tote one traditional a week. I’m realizing, having 3 knives in rotation, doesn’t mean much, I single one out and - basically - use it only. Therefore, I’m gonna pass my ego and select a new knife a week. Less cleaning before storage and hopefully, more rotation. I realize, I have less time than knives like the saying, “One day, you realize, you have more experience than time left.” Sieze the day, Porch participants.

I realized I hadn’t use this knife yet. So silly. In my pocket it goes!

E3307E0B-AEAE-4A71-AE3A-DE6D88FD85F1.jpeg

Can I have a satisfied mind, with one pocket knife a week? I dunno...but I will try.

Can I have a satisfied mind, with one pocket knife a week? I dunno...but I will try.
Not a bad idea. An even better knife.
- Stuart
p.s. I always have an EDC (Case or Imperial barlow or Queen #31 congress) that I carry with my daily picks, just in case the cutting chores get real hairy. I don' show that knife to avoid audience fatigue after a few weeks.

I saw some cocobolo handled knives posted recently (after my ebony postings) and it got me looking. Today, I've picked a Cattaraugus equal end jack (1826-1963) with cocobolo covers, But so as not to add to much cocobolo clutter, I've also picked Robeson Shuredge regular jack (1940-1964). Both Cattaraugus Cutlery and Robeson once were located in Little Valley, NY (as were several others).

XFnb9qi.jpg

CZN4aVC.jpg

VbCYtbX.jpg

Jp4jyya.jpg

- Stuart
Both the Catt and the Robeson are very nice and the jigging on the Robeson is Outstanding Stuart . Great photos also my friend .

Harry

Back