What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Paul T., just look at those edges! What are they . . . 9 million grit???? :D
I've carried my old Bulldog Quarter Horseman stockman today.

6a5Aolc.jpg

That has Friedrich Olbertz written all over it. I have the Carl Schlieper branded version.

Today I have a different German stockman along for the ride
3BnJQlV.jpg

Great Stag on that Puma! And nice to see some old currency from the days when most European countries had their 'own' money and not the Euro which many EU countries have now. Mind you, each country's Euro has different designs on the coins so that makes for interest. Germans have the eagle, France has Marianne, Greece the Athena Owl, Finland the Lion etc. But still....;):rolleyes:

Sorry folks, I have lost all the posts I multiquoted twice now, both yesterday and today :( Wonderful knives y'all are carrying :thumbsup:

I'm carrying this Unity Lambsfoot today, along with the wee #25. Hope everyone has a great Sunday :thumbsup:

Love the 25 ,just a bit much pull for old hands

Carrying my 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot today :) :thumbsup:

Your Guardians Lambsfoot is as stunning as ever :thumbsup::thumbsup:, Jack, but those old Richards models bring back memories to me (but of similar Imperials, rather than "exotic" Richards knives). :cool::cool: All single blades in your pic?

Still on a barlow jag - here’s today’s carry...
hGLMcJk.jpg
This 2-blade #14 TC is the Bee's knees :)

OnxH77g.jpg
Posted my "old tan" TC yesterday, so I decided to break out it's mate today. Not sure what the bone is on this one, old yellow bone? Definately a more rusty red cast to it though.
SdqoDJ.jpg

Scrumptious 2-blade sawcut Schrade, Wayne, and delightful "descendants", Tim and Paul! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Paul, your two TC Barlows from the past couple of days are a pristine pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Yesterday the GAW knife from bonzodog arrived, a beautiful A. Wright & Sons Lambsfoot with Stag scales. What a gorgeous knife,the stag fits my hand perfectly. I put my own edge on it last night and takin' it for it's maiden voyage today so here she is dressed in her blues ready to start the day.

0mHa5q9.jpg

Thanks Andy.
Congrats on the appealing stag lambsfoot, Ted! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Mine today:

Yikes, that brilliant blue Farmer wakes me right up, Tom! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Back in the Daze

39878734002_52271c222c_b.jpg
Noble old scout, Gev!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: That's a different knife than the one with the USA shield you posted recently, right?

Had to log back in to share these dress socks I was given at Christmas. Shown here with the collector knives round head.
39012804465_2d9076f71c_o.jpg
"Fashion" is definitely NOT my middle name, but those are stylish socks, @jprime84 !! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, GT! That green on your canoe looks like British racing green (one of my favorites).
I'm not familiar with British racing green, and I have very few green knives, but that H&R mini canoe is a color I really like (and the knife has one of my favorite shields, too). ;):cool:

Thank you, friend. And early congratulations on your future retirement (good funding plan, too). That curvaceous canoe is captivating, but I am intrigued by your Schrade and its blade selection. That would be a handy companion for a bird and small game hunter. Thanks for showing it.
- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart. :) I spent decades in which the only knife I ever used was a $2 plastic-handled serrated steak knife in the kitchen, so since I became obsessed with traditional pocket knives, I've always kept an eye out for one with a serrated blade. I knew the Schrade USA Blazer was one such model, but I never found one with a price I liked. When I saw this Chinese version (that came with a deck of cards showing Schrade classics) for a single figure price, I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

View attachment 836111 I have had my mail with held for a few weeks so I went by the post office today to retrieve the loot. The lineman’s knife is a case tested that is mechanically sound but has got a lot of the red stuff on it. The 78s I’ve just handled briefly but seem to be as good as what I’ve been reading about them. Good day
Massive mail call, @willard0341 ; congrats! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What's the little pen knife next to the linesman's knife?

Same old, same old.

Rbw15OYh.jpg
Same old sensational, Buzz!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement! What will you ever do with all the extra time? There is always more cutlery to be had! :D

I am carrying this dark duo today.
7Dzp4qq.jpg
Evocative ebony, Dylan!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: After retirement, I hope to spend a little more time looking for vintage knives, and more time cleaning house, gardening, napping, walking (with dogs), and reading promiscuously.

It is so good to see these beauties again, Wayne. Please stay on this Barlow jag!

I'm carrying some of my older ones as well. I do not have the breadth or quality that you do, but they are fun to carry!

Rotten weather today, but brightened by a Barlow on the hike.
Resplendent Barlows, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The script Barlow stamp on the Catt is one of my all-time favorites, and the 2-blade sawcut Camillus is a quintessential Barlow IMHO! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Ulster Barlow today

9H9pUpeh.jpg
Yet another pic of a desirable Barlow! Very fine, Steve!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

In case someone out there isn't sick of seeing the new 78's...
View attachment 836119
I, for one, am seldom sickened by seeing superlative stag!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

5K Qs 5K Qs yessir, that is a pruner handled lambsfoot. I enjoy the pruner handle quite a bit. To me, it has a slightly more organic shaped handle to contrast the relatively hard angled blade.

My "steering wheel series" (haha hadn't thought of that) is somewhat out of necessity.
My job requires me to put security stickers over the cameras on my phone before moving past the lobby. When peeled off, a "void" pattern appears to show that they've been tampered with. So, I can't take any pics during the day.

So, I usually snap a pic on the way or when I park if I remember to think of it.... which is usually in the truck.
Thanks for the additional info, strokednbored strokednbored .:) I've never though about the security issues that arise with almost everyone carrying their own personal "spy camera" (1960s term :rolleyes:). :eek:

Intriguing 2-blade lambsfoot, @Cutfinger ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT. That 26 was named Antique Amber Jig bone (whenever in doubt just assume GEC calls it Antique Amber). 1 of 12 made with the spear blade. I’ll probably take the patina off this weekend and shine it up a little. Then I’ll start a new round of patina.

The secondary blade on this one is a small coping blade; not a pen blade like most in the 2012 run.
View attachment 836290
Thanks for the info, Travman! :) I sometimes try to find GEC models that folks post by looking at the arrays of photos in the "Collect by Pattern" section at GEC's website, but that source must be incomplete.

F9363_D6_F-_CDF3-4_AB1-_A07_A-_FE99_D343_B51_A.jpg

Double barlow day for me.
Tremendous twosome, @JTB_5 ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: This thread is filled with Barlows lately!

View attachment 836812
Its been a long, rough work week so Im going light today.
Mellow yellow!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had settled on selecting a stag sided scout for Stagurday, but the captivating convoy of collectible canoes captured so well on camera by 5K Qs 5K Qs collapsed that concept, compelling this choice:

8Bwrgdw.jpg

Besides, the bounty of beautiful barlows begat burdening my other baggy pocket with this one"

pJEcXmX.jpg

Whew!

- Stuart
Stupendous stag, Stuart; the Mohawk canoe is marvelous!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Admirable alliteration, too! ;)

My weekly photo of the knives I ALWAYS carry:
rpuzGQo.jpg

- GT

Love the 25 ,just a bit much pull for old hands

I think I have a lot of knives with pulls I'll struggle with one day, but I hope this particular 25 won't be one of them, I find the pull only moderate :thumbsup:

Your Guardians Lambsfoot is as stunning as ever :thumbsup::thumbsup:, Jack, but those old Richards models bring back memories to me (but of similar Imperials, rather than "exotic" Richards knives). :cool::cool: All single blades in your pic?

Scrumptious 2-blade sawcut Schrade, Wayne, and delightful "descendants", Tim and Paul! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Paul, your two TC Barlows from the past couple of days are a pristine pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on the appealing stag lambsfoot, Ted! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Yikes, that brilliant blue Farmer wakes me right up, Tom! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Noble old scout, Gev!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: That's a different knife than the one with the USA shield you posted recently, right?

"Fashion" is definitely NOT my middle name, but those are stylish socks, @jprime84 !! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm not familiar with British racing green, and I have very few green knives, but that H&R mini canoe is a color I really like (and the knife has one of my favorite shields, too). ;):cool:

Thanks, Stuart. :) I spent decades in which the only knife I ever used was a $2 plastic-handled serrated steak knife in the kitchen, so since I became obsessed with traditional pocket knives, I've always kept an eye out for one with a serrated blade. I knew the Schrade USA Blazer was one such model, but I never found one with a price I liked. When I saw this Chinese version (that came with a deck of cards showing Schrade classics) for a single figure price, I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

Massive mail call, @willard0341 ; congrats! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What's the little pen knife next to the linesman's knife?

Same old sensational, Buzz!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Evocative ebony, Dylan!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: After retirement, I hope to spend a little more time looking for vintage knives, and more time cleaning house, gardening, napping, walking (with dogs), and reading promiscuously.

Resplendent Barlows, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The script Barlow stamp on the Catt is one of my all-time favorites, and the 2-blade sawcut Camillus is a quintessential Barlow IMHO! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Yet another pic of a desirable Barlow! Very fine, Steve!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I, for one, am seldom sickened by seeing superlative stag!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thanks for the additional info, strokednbored strokednbored .:) I've never though about the security issues that arise with almost everyone carrying their own personal "spy camera" (1960s term :rolleyes:). :eek:

Intriguing 2-blade lambsfoot, @Cutfinger ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the info, Travman! :) I sometimes try to find GEC models that folks post by looking at the arrays of photos in the "Collect by Pattern" section at GEC's website, but that source must be incomplete.

Tremendous twosome, @JTB_5 ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: This thread is filled with Barlows lately!

Mellow yellow!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stupendous stag, Stuart; the Mohawk canoe is marvelous!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Admirable alliteration, too! ;)

My weekly photo of the knives I ALWAYS carry:
rpuzGQo.jpg

- GT

Thank you very much GT, Imperials would be "exotic" here :) I have lots of Richards knives with more than one blade, but as a kid, most of the ones I had were singles, probably because they were the least expensive :) I always enjoy seeing your Essentials together, have a great Sunday my friend :thumbsup:

Sorry folks, I have lost all the posts I multiquoted twice now, both yesterday and today :( Wonderful knives y'all are carrying :thumbsup:

I'm carrying this Unity Lambsfoot today, along with the wee #25. Hope everyone has a great Sunday :thumbsup:

I would like to get a white handle folding knife these days, micarta would do well, white bone would be nicer. Otter has some and the knives I have from this brand (brass lockback and the anchor knife) have been good quality.

I would like to get a white handle folding knife these days, micarta would do well, white bone would be nicer. Otter has some and the knives I have from this brand (brass lockback and the anchor knife) have been good quality.

The #25, a very kind gift from Barrett, is micarta, but I also like white bone :thumbsup:

Back