What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you. If I take to my JH Lloyd as much as I think I will, you can expect a PM about this.

I really like those Workhorses, but if it had a clip or wharncliffe main, I would be in love. They feel great in hand. I am glad to see a genuine user.
Well, here's to you loving that Lloyd!
t0334.gif
haha
A Workhorse with a clip main would be sweet!

I wanted a larger lockback in stainless with synthetic covers for the summer. ...
HC13zX.jpg

Looks like that monster will do everything you have in mind, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm carrying a little ketchup and mustard today.

O7Kazde.jpg
Striking pair and pic, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (All you need now is a hot dog - shield. ;))

My camera is officially now broken ... Todays carry my TEW Lambfoot and the Big Western :

Thought I would share this picture from Daughter who lives in Michigan . ...
Harry
Couple of splendid knife, Harry!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Fascinating pic from your daughter, too. Sorry to hear about your camera. :( Fixable, or DOA?

Carried this #78 for the first time today. ...
Le5eorU.jpg
Carrying my Northfield #78 again today. I used it this afternoon to open a package that contained a new watchband I ordered. It's exactly the same as the watchband I've had for 12 years, because I don't like change. :D

zPfZ9p8.jpg
My wife calls me "Johnny one note", among other things. We frequent a few local restaurants where I always know exactly what I'm going to order. She doesn't understand that I spent years figuring out what I liked best! :D
Congrats on the 78, Barrett; those covers are outstanding!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: As for the watchband, some of us, such as @Peregrin , support you in your opinion that "change" can be a bad thing! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary. I have babied this Guardian's Lambsfoot so far. I will eventually get over it and put her to work. :D
Your knives and pics are both looking really good. :thumbsup:
The Stag Jack is riding along with me today.
39153330210_1ee75bba2c_h.jpg
Thanks for the encouraging words about my knives and photos, FBC. I carried my Guardians Lambsfoot daily for quite a while before I actually used it for anything, but now I try to use it regularly. Worked on sharpening it better yesterday again; it's one of the knives that laughs at my efforts to get a sharp edge (while my rosewood lambsfoot is a sharpening dream :confused:).
Your stag jack looks great, especially for a knife relegated to opening old, rusty cans of lead paint!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi 5k Q 's. The covers are jigged delrin. Inexpensive, light and practical. The kind of covers that can go to work. The stone just appeared one day in the woods. Who knows how it got there? The dog with me? The Pope is Catholic and the bears....in the woods.
Thanks for the info, @Jambon . That stone mystery would drive me nuts! :rolleyes:

...For now, I'm doubling the Lambsfoot craziness! :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 873500

View attachment 873499
Excellent black/white pairing, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Duh! :eek: I forgot to post these earlier! :D

40172545252_1ecc09281e_b_d.jpg
Lots of remarkable wood in that pic, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looking forward to the blooms of spring
and the birds' attempts to sing.

Grand old Barlow, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

... I am carrying the Case 08 half whittler (2007) and Case 07 mini trapper (1965-1969) today. My resistance to the peer pressure of previously posted Cases proved puny. ...
BtpQc4E.jpg

- Stuart
Couple of noteworthy small patterns, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Your resistance may be puny, but your power to produce prose with a preponderance of p-words is provocative and prized. ;))

Okapi Sable, eh? I've never heard of that before, but it is an interesting looking knife! Thanks for sharing it.
Thanks for your interest, Joshua. :) It's a South African import.

I was able to smother it by closing the top sealing damper and covering the fireplace opening with a large sheet metal panel, but after lots of smoke and dust. It cleaned the chimney of creosote, our chimney sweep told me, but also fried the top sealing damper. All's good now. Thanks.
- Stuart
Glad the fire was minor; must have been scary at the time! :eek:

I see what you did there (great old song). Great trapper, too. I like those covers, though I don't have many with them (yet).
- Stuart
Edit: Also, great reference to "Big Boss Man"!;):thumbsup:

"My Big Knife of the Week ain't so big, it's just tall, that's just about all"
Thanks for noticing, guys. :) Have to admit that I only know the Grateful Dead version of the song, but I listened to it on YouTube yesterday for the first time in decades, and I still thing it's a fantastic cover! Love the harmonica!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks GT, the secondary is a spey blade. A short fat one at that!
Thanks for the info. I couldn't make up my mind about whether to guess spey or coping! ;)

A Black Box Winchester Sowbelly. The one that is inbound will be displacing this one for quite some time, so it is getting some attention prior to it being shuttered away.
View attachment 873634
Sensational sowbelly stockman, NJBillK NJBillK !! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The Lloyd you have coming in must be a showstopper, alright!! :eek::cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks 5K! I enjoy the snow shots on here almost as much as I enjoy the knives! And thats real snow not like the piffling 2 inches we get most of the time! Apparently were due another two winters before spring :eek::)
Cracking pruner btw! Love the natural rams horn.
Yesterdays.
9SRuniz.jpg
Thanks for the kind words, donn. :) Your lambsfoot on the frosty grass is an enchanting photo! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks pal, that's a great line-up :) :thumbsup:
I'm having an early night, so I can get an early start for a hike tomorrow :) Taking these three with me. Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

View attachment 873786

View attachment 873789

View attachment 873792
Thanks for the comment, Jack. :) Hope you had a fine hike today; you certainly had a terrific trio of travelers to accompany you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

It may look ridiculous that I carried all of these knives today , but I went to the Janesville Knife Show and took the following knives to show Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund because he had never actually seen any of them .
These 2 TEW's

This Lick Creek Rooster's Comb in the RFP

These 2 Guardian's Lambfoot

This TEW Lambfoot

This 25 Barlow in the Watch Pocket

Came back with these additional knives .

It was a very nice day spent with my friend Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund and found some that were on my List .

Harry
W:eek:W, Harry!! That's an impressive carry, going and coming; congrats on the new pick-ups!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I wore suspenders yesterday, and I hope you did too! :D

This emerged from the pile....;)

0XN7Z7S.jpg
Incredibly handsome knife, Will; one of my favorite bone-clad knives, I think! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

Victorinox Pioneer Alox Limited Edition 2018, this is the bright red color for this year!!!

flwqzc.jpg
That red Alox makes me so nostalgic! Handsome knife, @Pt-Luso !! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

My weekly display of the four knives I carry every day, regardless of what other knives my weekly rotation schedule dictates:
rpuzGQo.jpg

- GT

Couple of noteworthy small patterns, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Your resistance may be puny, but your power to produce prose with a preponderance of p-words is provocative and prized. ;))

Thank you, GT, and what a panoply of pointed pretties portrayed in your picture. I presume the pretense to pronounce you the Phraseologist Plenipotentiary of the Porch after that poetic and poignant post. All phrasing aside, I truly enjoy your reviews, humorous insight, and subtle support to all of us. I hope that you and all y'all have a great and safe weekend.
- Stuart

Thanks Gary, I was so impressed that I ordered it's little brother:D

I had to put my own edge on it when it arrived, although it came very sharp from the dealer, it's just something I HAVE to do:)
P3ru8A.jpg

q1G3qB.jpg
The littler one looks good too Paul . ( Sent you an E-Mail )

Harry

Had a great time, sir!
And I really appreciated the chance to fondle those beauties!
If pressed, I doubt I’d be able to pick a favorite.
It may look ridiculous that I carried all of these knives today , but I went to the Janesville Knife Show and took the following knives to show Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund because he had never actually seen any of them .
These 2 TEW's

This TEW Lambfoot

It was a very nice day spent with my friend Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund and found some that were on my List .

Harry

Saw a lot of great work by knifemakers, and thanks to Harry, got to meet and chat with some. I was mostly lookin an learnin, but I did come across a couple of Camillus TL29s that I “needed”.

A real oldy with bone, and a dead mint late model that cost less than our lunch.
I also bought a bar of steel, and learned some good tips on heat treating and tempering.

View attachment 874729

Last edited:
Had a great time, sir!
And I really appreciated the chance to fondle those beauties!
If pressed, I doubt I’d be able to pick a favorite.

Saw a lot of great work by knifemakers, and thanks to Harry, got to meet and chat with some. I was mostly lookin an learnin, but I did come across a couple of Camillus TL29s that I “needed”.

A real oldy with bone, and a dead mint late model that cost less than our lunch.
I also bought a bar of steel, and learned some good tips on heat treating and tempering.

View attachment 874729
The pleasure was all mine my friend . I am anxious to see the finished product that the piece of steel will be in . It really was a very good day . Meeting and making new friends and buying knives , it don't get much better than that .

Harry

That's a GEC #35 Churchill in ebony. Two useful blades on a single spring. :):thumbsup: It's like a Stockman without that spey blade I never use. Now, if they added a punch instead, I'd buy that! :D
View attachment 874226
Ever contemplated grabbing a #35 harness and sending them both out to a modder to have a layer added?
If you swapped ends, so the pulls of the mains would face out (being on opposite pivots).
- the punch/sheepsfoot swapped
- the spine massaged down on the spear (might make a good tribal spear platform)
- Maybe a new nick cut in the sheepsfoot.

Last edited:
Your Churchill is breaking in very nicely. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the encouraging words about my knives and photos, FBC. I carried my Guardians Lambsfoot daily for quite a while before I actually used it for anything, but now I try to use it regularly. Worked on sharpening it better yesterday again; it's one of the knives that laughs at my efforts to get a sharp edge (while my rosewood lambsfoot is a sharpening dream :confused:).
Your stag jack looks great, especially for a knife relegated to opening old, rusty cans of lead paint!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
You are most welcome, my friend. Credit where credit is do and all that.
If you continue to have problems sharpening your Guardian's Lamsfoot, shoot me a PM, I might be able to help.

I had to put my own edge on it when it arrived, although it came very sharp from the dealer, it's just something I HAVE to do:)
P3ru8A.jpg

q1G3qB.jpg
I really like the looks of that one. :thumbsup:

Totin' a teardrop today.
40287502124_6e61c42c95_h.jpg

Ever contemplated grabbing a #35 harness and sending them both out to a modder to have a layer added?
If you swapped ends, so the pulls of the mains would face out (being on opposite pivots).
- the punch/sheepsfoot swapped
- the spine massaged down on the spear (might make a good tribal spear platform)
- Maybe a new nick cut in the sheepsfoot.
I haven't given that any serious thought, because I do like both knives as they are.
It's fun to think about how to put elements together though. I'd definitely be up for a whittler configuration:
35s stacked 3.jpg

Your Churchill is breaking in very nicely. :thumbsup:
Thanks! After reading the "knives and BBQ" thread, I had to take it out for dinner. :)
Churchill bbq 1.jpg

Enjoy your hike Jack! There's some decent pubs round there! None of which charge a tenner a pint :thumbsup:

Thanks Donn, it was a good one, even Slaithwaite is beginning to get a little gentrified though :eek: I doubt that will ever happen to The Silent Woman though, what a grim pub! :rolleyes: Plenty of good ones though fortunately :) Hope you're having a good weekend :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! Have a great hike; you'll be prepared with those three knives.

Thanks a lot Dean :) :thumbsup:

These 2 TEW's

This TEW Lambfoot

Harry

Sounds like a great day out Harry, thanks for the feast :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black Your mellow yellow Jos. Rogers jack is creamy dreamy, Jack.

Thank you Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. Great choice on doubling down on the Lamsfoot knives. What is the handle material on your senator? Please forgive me if I asked you this before but I seem to be forgetting stuff more and more.

What a wonderful knife! I have been on the look out for one for awhile now.

I think you might have Gary 5K Qs 5K Qs beat today, haha.
Great bunch of knives and a nice haul too.

Totin' the Workhorse
26106840217_2ff56b908d_h.jpg

Thanks pal, I have the memory of a middle-aged goldfish these days! ;) That's a bit of tooth on that 'Senator', a special, which I picked up as a second :thumbsup: Nice workhorse there :) :thumbsup:

I'm trying to cut down. Extra pockets weather won't last forever.
Also about time I carried the 301 I picked up last summer with my Kutmaster Tungsten (Grr).
UhstpKG.jpg

Nicely-filled pockets Jer :thumbsup: You'll have to get a vest for the warmer weather ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you for all the kind words and compliments, fellas. I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend so far.

I'm getting ready to start breaking in this new pipe over a cup of coffee and a nice jack to fiddle with.

BcFIA1C.jpg

Sounds like a nice way to pass an hour Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Excellent black/white pairing, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for the comment, Jack. :) Hope you had a fine hike today; you certainly had a terrific trio of travelers to accompany you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

My weekly display of the four knives I carry every day, regardless of what other knives my weekly rotation schedule dictates:
rpuzGQo.jpg

- GT

We will have to do something about the edge my friend :thumbsup: Thanks for the kind words, had a good walk yesterday, and slept like a tot last night! :D Always a treat to see your Perennials :thumbsup:

P3ru8A.jpg

q1G3qB.jpg

Those are good-looking knives Paul :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Have a lovely Sunday. It's a nice, sunny day here in Yorkshire, but I have a heap of stuff to do in the house. Carrying my Guardians Lambsfoot and Stan Shaw Sheepsfoot today :thumbsup:

AWSFO 4-8.JPG

Stan Shaw Sheepsfoot 2-5S.JPG

Back