What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

It's that moment again....

SqVZPg5.jpg

Struggling to catch up today! :eek: ;)

Thank you, Jack. An exceptional pair you have with you today. I hope that caplifter gets a lot of use over the weekend. :D

Yo1yn0q.jpg

Thanks a lot pal :) Nice double Red :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! That Duncan - nice guy. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm totin' my GEC 14 TC Barlow in black cherry today.

Thanks Dean, he sure is :) Lovely #14 there :thumbsup:

An outside work day so I have the normal ones in my pockets again . Looks like it is a Two TEW's Friday this week . Really like having these 2 in my pockets .

Harry

Fabulous Harry :thumbsup:

That is quite the introduction to GEC! Seeing pics of the 85 Harness Jack is what got me to start visiting the Porch on a regular basis.

Thanks for the info, Travman. I instantly did a search and was surprised to see what some of the older ( 40's and earlier ) are going for. I saw one for almost a thousand! :eek:

Beautiful ol' barehead!

Now that is cool!

39782668330_4339a3a8b2_h.jpg

Yes indeed! :D I see that MM isn't leaving your pocket! :D :thumbsup:

A rainy day

26735497287_1766828541_b.jpg

26735494037_0b76524e80_b.jpg

26735504667_ba30e7db7e_b.jpg

It's a IXL Woestenholm....old. The pods and husks are from trees in a flood zone. Don't know the names but they are all over the place.

Fantastic pics Gev, your IXL is a dream :) I don't know much about these things, but have always wondered if those pods were Laburnum, not common (here at least) because of their toxicity, but we had a laburnum tree in our yard/garden (not much bigger than my kitchen table) when I was a kid :thumbsup:

Two tremendous treasures, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Revered red pocket knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Canivete vermelho?)

Thanks, Ron. :) I like that stag/sawcut pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Such an evocative photo, Gev!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dylan; the Sanremu and other knives in the "bailed non-SAK" category, show up about every 18 weeks, so you may well have missed earlier appearances. ;) Your red sawcuts form a notable pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wishing you propitious piscatorial pursuits on the Potomac, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Dean. :) I need to post my "country of origin count" in the recent relevant thread. ;) Spectacular spear #14!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yowza! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats, Wayne & Jeff, and another couple of fantastic refurbishes by Glenn!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for posting that pair again, Harry; my eyes love to witness the two TEWs! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Nice knives and dog, Jeff. :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on the Klein linesman knife, HnS!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Some kind of Klein work knife is on my list of knives to track down.

Lovely Laguiole, @blanco112 ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider spear main whittler:
ZVvJkw1.jpg

Peanut of the Week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV peanut:
1ky0mTb.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Colt copperhead in stag (thanks for the assist, Mike):
s37UWKm.jpg

Free Choice Knife of the Week is this Rough Rider gunstock jack Barrett generously sent me:
View attachment 891830

- GT

Thanks GT, nice line-up my friend, and very generous of Barrett, cool pattern :thumbsup:

Not much forum time today. I've been on a ladder painting in our kitchen with these Ohta's in my pocket. My wife coerced me with the promise of going out for a nice prime rib dinner. It always works.....
saOugyy.jpg

Hope you had a great dinner Gary :) Stunning Ohtas :) :thumbsup:

I had these with me on my hike yesterday - no wonder I felt tired when I got home! :D :thumbsup:

Woodcraft 1-3.jpg

AW Ebony Lambsfoot 27-4.JPG

Vic Farmer 1-2.JPG

MAM Picnic Knife 2-1.JPG

These two today :)

Joker 2-6.jpg

AW SB Lambsfoot 10-5.JPG

Have a great Sunday folks :thumbsup:

Fantastic pics Gev, your IXL is a dream :) I don't know much about these things, but have always wondered if those pods were Laburnum, not common (here at least) because of their toxicity, but we had a laburnum tree in our yard/garden (not much bigger than my kitchen table) when I was a kid :thumbsup:

Thanks GT, nice line-up my friend, and very generous of Barrett, cool pattern :thumbsup:

Hope you had a great dinner Gary :) Stunning Ohtas :) :thumbsup:

I had these with me on my hike yesterday - no wonder I felt tired when I got home! :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 892152

View attachment 892153

View attachment 892154

View attachment 892157

These two today :)

View attachment 892161

View attachment 892162

Have a great Sunday folks :thumbsup:

I'll try and figure it out. It is a small tree. I will look up laburnum and report back. Now that is a lot of knives to carry...good exercise !!

I'll try and figure it out. It is a small tree. I will look up laburnum and report back. Now that is a lot of knives to carry...good exercise !!

They're are probably lots of trees with seed pods like that, but the laburnum is the only one I know of. That doesn't mean much though! :D

golden-chain-fruits.jpg

how-to-grow-laburnum.jpg

As a kid we would play with the poisonous pods of the laburnum, which scattered our yard. Not sure why my folks didn't replace it. The flowers can look nice, but the trunk was going rotten, and crumbling, even when they moved in :rolleyes:

They're are probably lots of trees with seed pods like that, but the laburnum is the only one I know of. That doesn't mean much though! :D

golden-chain-fruits.jpg

how-to-grow-laburnum.jpg

As a kid we would play with the poisonous pods of the laburnum, which scattered our yard. Not sure why my folks didn't replace it. The flowers can look nice, but the trunk was going rotten, and crumbling, even when they moved in :rolleyes:
Yes, its not that one. It is a rather bland small tree in the flood zone only. It must prefer wet conditions. I'm off into Milam County to pick blackberries, I hope. Just a stop on my delivery drive . Have a great day everyone !! The Continental will be in my pocket. I hope to get pictures of it in the wild

41354970262_a71376a98a_b.jpg

Yes, its not that one. It is a rather bland small tree in the flood zone only. It must prefer wet conditions. I'm off into Milam County to pick blackberries, I hope. Just a stop on my delivery drive . Have a great day everyone !! The Continental will be in my pocket. I hope to get pictures of it in the wild

Our blackberries won't appear for months here, hope you get a good haul Gev :) :thumbsup:

I’ll never get tired of seeing pictures of your wonderful knife.

Every time I see your old Continental I'm itching to take a walk into some primeval forest. That stag is just amazing!
Enjoy the day, Gev. I look forward to some more pics.

Back