What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Something a bit different today.

IMG_2172.jpg
315, do you have a model number on that one? I had a green one marked with "NATO" on the cover, but lost it during the gulf war. Haven't been able to find one since, and i do miss it!

315, do you have a model number on that one? I had a green one marked with "NATO" on the cover, but lost it during the gulf war. Haven't been able to find one since, and i do miss it!

Not sure of a number but look up Victorinox Pathfinder.

315 315 Per your request in the barlow thread, pulled out my Kimber compact stainless series I with patina / mods by yours truly. Bought new, disassembled down to last part, mirror finished, slicked and tricked, it's a tack driver and fun to shoot. Carried in Milt Sparks leather but honestly is heavy and I shoot 9mm better than 45 ACP nowadays.

Case XX is the most valuable knife I own, my Dad's.

kimberdadsknife1.jpg

Sometimes value is not measured in $!

I have an old series 70 Colt on which I did the same. It shoots better than I do.:oops:

Last edited:
I have a similar situation. My wife got treated to 4 days in Cancun courtesy of a major supplier, and returns this afternoon.:eek:

Missed her mucho, but now I’m remembering some life lesson. Something about keeping the house clean, or some such tomfoolery.:D

I like that Schrade!
Thanks! :) It was a gift from @Grateful. :)

Thanks, Jack. You had some great knives with you on your hike!

Have a sweet time, Gev! Your Continental is classic beauty. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been carrying some of my Case knives lately and came across this one in the Case drawer.

Thanks Dean, that is a beauty :thumbsup:

A very useful Portuguese knife...

It certainly is my friend :) I rarely mention it, but it's actually one of my used knives - and certainly my most used fork! :D :thumbsup:

Something a bit different today.

IMG_2172.jpg

Not sure of a number but look up Victorinox Pathfinder.

Thank you very much!

Mitch, you had a German Army Knife by the sounds of it, they were made by about 20 different contractors, including Victorinox (who also made the Mauser Officers Knife, which is the same, but with an extra blade). They are a great knife in my opinion, and can be excellent value. I've had a number of them, but have always given them away to other members here. You can probably find one online, or there's the civilian version, the Victorinox Safari :thumbsup:

Some pics of the GAK here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/a-german-army-knife-winner-announced.1187714/

Filched pic of the Vic Safari :thumbsup:

victorinox-safari.jpg

Thanks Dean, that is a beauty :thumbsup:

It certainly is my friend :) I rarely mention it, but it's actually one of my used knives - and certainly my most used fork! :D :thumbsup:

Mitch, you had a German Army Knife by the sounds of it, they were made by about 20 different contractors, including Victorinox (who also made the Mauser Officers Knife, which is the same, but with an extra blade). They are a great knife in my opinion, and can be excellent value. I've had a number of them, but have always given them away to other members here. You can probably find one online, or there's the civilian version, the Victorinox Safari :thumbsup:

Some pics of the GAK here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/a-german-army-knife-winner-announced.1187714/

Filched pic of the Vic Safari :thumbsup:

victorinox-safari.jpg
Thank you very much for the information! Much appreciated!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the sensational ironwood 77 Barlow, Leslie! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@Travman, you get some awesome pics in that "spot"!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
And I'm a sucker for shots with your ebony and ivory pups in the background! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I have to get a little dressed up today. I believe this little pinstriped acrylic Esquire will suffice.
View attachment 891702
W:eek:W!! You have more than one Esquire to choose from??? :thumbsup::cool::cool: (Both ebony and pinstripe (blue corduroy?) strike me as fit for any formal occasion!)

Been spending my online time researching stuff for the hot rod project. But nothing to show off, the 43 been with me most of the time. Switched to this for the weekend.
View attachment 891719
That S&M stockman's covers are all Sunshine&Moonbeams!! ;):cool::cool::thumbsup:

With all the talk about Buck in a different thread made me want to carry this today.
View attachment 891744
@oldtymer , that yellow Buck pen knife rocks!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A little Peanut today.

Radiant red 'nut, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 891796 A biggin today the sheath is super nice though
Hey, now!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that your infamous Moose @combatjiujitsu , or a big Muskrat of some kind??

Today I decided I needed to carry this little Uncle Henry 807UH (USA) small stockman. This is the one that kicked off my current knife kraze. ...
41605950781_77b5608820_b.jpg
Cool knife and story, Ace!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Not much forum time today. .....
saOugyy.jpg
With the knives you have, Gary, how do you have much time for anything besides gazing in stunned admiration at said knives??? :confused::eek::thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Btw beautiful bone on that case peanut there, something in their amber jigged bone is definitely on my list.
Thanks for the Klein info and for the Case comment! :)

Possibly the perfect peanut, Gary!
Thanks, Gary. Oooh, nice Case peanut you have there - gorgeous bone and CV to boot! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
'Preciate the positive propositions per my promising peanut, Lance & Dean! :):p

Carrying these 2 today .

Harry
Phenomenal pair, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I figured if I can't stop totin' the Moore then I will just have to carry two to keep some variety. WAIT.....is this how it started for you?!! :eek:;) I'll be up to five or six in no time!:D
To keep multiple objects in focus, try the auto focus setting , shoot as flat and straight on as possible.
The album is The Dartells- Hot Pastrami
This song cracks me up and makes me hungry at the same time. :p
Hard to believe that I missed ever hearing the Dartells after listening to Top 40 and/or Oldies radio for almost 20 years! :eek: Thanks for the photo hint. With regard to multiple carries, I think age was the big factor for me - so many knives, so little time! ;) Cool Moore Marley! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Sometimes it’s hard not to carry this one. It’s going to stay with me for tomorrow too!
View attachment 891939 View attachment 891940
Hard to top a spear/pen EO teardrop, especially if it has a bail!!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

It's that moment again....

SqVZPg5.jpg
Archimedes would have loved your wonderful knife, Will; he'd run naked through the streets shouting its name! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT, nice line-up my friend, and very generous of Barrett, cool pattern :thumbsup:
I had these with me on my hike yesterday - no wonder I felt tired when I got home! :D :thumbsup:
View attachment 892152
View attachment 892153
View attachment 892154
View attachment 892157
These two today :)
View attachment 892161
View attachment 892162
Thanks, Jack. :) And Barrett is definitely generous and gentlemanly!
A compelling cavalcade of cutlery you carried!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Mom's coming to visit next week, so I've got lots to do around the house today. :) Sweeping and laundry mostly, but I may as well outfit myself as though I'm maintaining a ranch. :D:D
View attachment 892185 View attachment 892186
Somehow, my 61OT makes every load of laundry go better! ;)

Also the alox electrician, but it doesn't wish to focus this morning. I mean even compared to this shot.
xGxml2u.jpg
Including a Vic Electrician, that's a triumphant trio, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Old Toffee Wings looks better than ever, and I should probably look into Le Sabot, given my Dutch/WoodenShoe heritage and that blade stamp. ;)

Great knife and incredible lighting, Steve!!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

It's been a busy weekend, but a good one! ;) These two for yesterday and today! :D

26548113818_6109237b0f_b.jpg
Such stellar stag on your lambsfoot, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Double good day!

... The Continental will be in my pocket. I hope to get pictures of it in the wild

41354970262_a71376a98a_b.jpg
Such an incredible knife, Gev; congrats again! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I didn't realize the maker was Continental, and coincidentally, earlier today I ran across a YouTube video of a music/dance ensemble called the Continentals. :D

Intriguing pair, @kfalk ! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Is that Buck some kind of muskrat with clip and spey blades??

Funny photo, @pipedreams308 ; thanks! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Giving the Churchill a break today
zrk4QmE.jpg
Ravishing knife, P&G!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

New Bull Nose with the etch removed and a bail added.

NfemQfy.jpg
Very nice, ED; congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Will you be retiring the black-handled one you posted recently?

...I've been carrying some of my Case knives lately and came across this one in the Case drawer.

"Doctor, doctor, gimme the news: I got a bad Case of lovin'" that knife!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Case XX is the most valuable knife I own, my Dad's.

kimberdadsknife1.jpg
No understanding of, or interest in, the gun jargon, but I sure know what you're saying about your dad's knife being the most valuable of all the spectacular knives you own, @Chief ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Congrats on the precious heirloom.

Many thanks, also for the translation!!!
I hope the Google translator did an accurate job. :)

Missed her mucho, but now I’m remembering some life lesson. Something about keeping the house clean, or some such tomfoolery.:D
Amusing ruminations, Jeff, and "tomfoolery" is a splendid word I have to try to use more often! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::p

You and I have seen these before, and you and I will see them again (but I'll bet I'm happier about that than you are ;):rolleyes:):
eOpNWJS.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Jack. :) And Barrett is definitely generous and gentlemanly!
A compelling cavalcade of cutlery you carried!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

You and I have seen these before, and you and I will see them again (but I'll bet I'm happier about that than you are ;):rolleyes:):
eOpNWJS.jpg

- GT

Thanks pal, always great to see your Eternals ) :thumbsup:

With the knives you have, Gary, how do you have much time for anything besides gazing in stunned admiration at said knives??? :confused::eek::thumbsup::D:thumbsup:
LOL! Thanks, Gary! I've become adept at multi tasking.
That little pen with the Euler's Identity scratching is awesome!

Including a Vic Electrician, that's a triumphant trio, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Old Toffee Wings looks better than ever, and I should probably look into Le Sabot, given my Dutch/WoodenShoe heritage and that blade stamp. ;)
Thanks.
The Sabots are great: stoutly built and comparatively inexpensive. The queue de poisson, as shown, and the Pradel are the only ones I'm aware of they make in carbon, if that's an issue.
I went through a bit of a binge of French regional knife buying, until my subtle-conscious and obvious-conscious got together and decided that amassing French knives wasn't getting me any closer to the French actress who wounds my heart with a desolate languor.
Excellent knives nonetheless.
The Aurillac is another favorite of mine.
ZANfDVf.jpg

Last edited:
Will Power Will Power that is a gorgeous Eureka.

Very kind of you to say so, thanks:thumbsup: I'm fond of the pattern (and its single blade Spear counterpart the Talon) I use this one a good deal and have an Ivory Bone version in store in case something happens to the Greenbone :eek: Both versions are Barehead and all steel construction, very tight construction too, I can't find a gap:) Credit to GEC for tackling this rather scarce pattern, how about a Coffin Jack and another run of these please?

Thanks, Will

Last edited:
W:eek:W!! You have more than one Esquire to choose from??? :thumbsup::cool::cool: (Both ebony and pinstripe (blue corduroy?) strike me as fit for any formal occasion!)
'Tis an embarrassment of riches. :)

Giving the Churchill a break today
zrk4QmE.jpg
P&G every time I see your OO 73 I get the warm fuzzies!!! I truly love Orange Osage! All things considered the 73’s in OO are definitely one of favorites. :thumbsup: :cool: That might be why I have my EDC and two BNIT put up in reserve! :eek: :D

Such stellar stag on your lambsfoot, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Double good day!
Thanks Gary, I hope you have had a great weekend! :D

Back