What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Finally slogged through all the posts since I left last Friday, There have been some incredible knives, scenery, and stories posted!! I was lucky to be able to click "LIKE" as much as I did without a cramp. Today, I'm totin' twin Schrade Walden 2OTs for a two-fer on Twos-day. I'll be indoors most of the day (rain in our future here) and they'll ride in separate pockets. The Case 6207 will handle any cutting duties.

CySwdI1.jpg

eAF7fdt.jpg

rerHZH8.jpg

nsqn2g0.jpg

1wCIQej.jpg

ZFx0YQ6.jpg

- Stuart
Those schrades are really something else!! Wow!

Great combination Ron :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :)

Finally slogged through all the posts since I left last Friday, There have been some incredible knives, scenery, and stories posted!! I was lucky to be able to click "LIKE" as much as I did without a cramp. Today, I'm totin' twin Schrade Walden 2OTs for a two-fer on Twos-day. I'll be indoors most of the day (rain in our future here) and they'll ride in separate pockets. The Case 6207 will handle any cutting duties.

CySwdI1.jpg

rerHZH8.jpg

ZFx0YQ6.jpg

- Stuart
Stuart my friend, WOW, three outstanding knives! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: To have two of the 2OT’s in that condition is really something! The 6207 is special also. One of my favorites before Case added the Spey, changed the Clip and called it a Mini Trapper. :rolleyes: Thank you for sharing these beauties today! :cool: On a side note, how was the fishing trip? :D

Yeah, I wasnt sure I would like not having a real main blade, as I normally like a stockman pattern, but I was wrong. The congress is cool! :)

You can find a congress with plenty of blades, including a main, if you keep looking:

5CgZvem.jpg

ASxvYaH.jpg

MgzDDaP.jpg

Or too many blades!! I find that a 2 blade medium (3.5") half congress rides very well in my pants pockets.
- Stuart

The 6207 is special also. One of my favorites before Case added the Spey, changed the Clip and called it a Mini Trapper. :rolleyes: Thank you for sharing these beauties today! :cool: On a side note, how was the fishing trip? :D

Thanks, Ron. I have two of the dogleg jack 6207's, including the one shown, from 1940-1964 and 1965-1969 and both redbone. The conversion to the mini trapper happened in 1979 and I have one of those from 2011 in a light tan (?) bone. The fishing trip was a nice boat ride. A cold front came through and shut off the bite (lots of cussing and grousing on the marine radio from the boats that went out). Oh, well. Next week . . .
- Stuart

How do I fall so far behind?? :confused: I guess Monday is a "death march" lately. :thumbsdown: I'd better leave out some of the posts I originally quoted so I can get to bed on time! :rolleyes:
Thanks pal, always great to see your Eternals ) :thumbsup:
You're a kind man, Jack. :)

LOL! Thanks, Gary! I've become adept at multi tasking.
That little pen with the Euler's Identity scratching is awesome!
Thanks, Gary; that's a generous gift from r8shell r8shell featuring her scrimshaw skills! :) :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks.
The Sabots are great: stoutly built and comparatively inexpensive. The queue de poisson, as shown, and the Pradel are the only ones I'm aware of they make in carbon, if that's an issue.
I went through a bit of a binge of French regional knife buying, until my subtle-conscious and obvious-conscious got together and decided that amassing French knives wasn't getting me any closer to the French actress who wounds my heart with a desolate languor.
Excellent knives nonetheless.
Thanks for the French knife info, Jer. :thumbsup::cool: (A heart wounded with "desolate languor" is serious! :eek: Who's the babe?? ;))

'Tis an embarrassment of riches. :)
:thumbsup::D

Thanks GT.

Yeah correct it’s a Muscrat and second blade is Spey - it was my Grandpa’s.

The Scout whittler was my first knife. Bought for me in ‘69-‘70 when I was around 5-6. Pretty young for a knife these days.

On second thought it was pretty young for one backe then too. :)
W:eek:W, those are precious heirlooms you've got there, @kfalk ; congratulations!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Luminous lambsfoot, Mike! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind comments, Gary. Always good to see your EDC quartet! Here's a hard question: which one is your favorite? :)
That IS a hard question, Dean. I probably use the Minichamp the most - scissors, wharncliffe blade, ink pen, nail file - although the knife doesn't really have any special memories attached to it. The lambsfoot was a surprise gift from @mrknife and has the Guardians association; it's used quite frequently these days (but I'm thinking of switching it for a rosewood lambsfoot that my wife and daughter got me in York a year ago that I enjoy using more and has the family connection). The SBjr came from a BigBiscuit GAW before his first surgery when he had the GAW to ask for prayers, and I've been using it as kind of a prayer reminder or "rosary" or something ever since. But the scrimshawed Rough Rider small stockman may be my favorite, although I rarely actually use it; it represents an attempt to integrate my vocation and my avocation, and I strive to bring together aspects of my life that way!

Still carrying my Sowbelly...
View attachment 892884
Nice "Porch" embroidery!! :cool::D:thumbsup: Are you still as taken with the sowbelly as the day you got it? :thumbsup::cool:

I sponsored Pearl a while back and liked her so much I acquired a Case medium stockman: in my pocket tonight and will carry tomorrow.
Congrats, @Vaporstang ; very attractive yeller stockman! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Pearl is a persuasive personality! ;)

These two for me today :) Have a great week folks :thumbsup:

View attachment 892920

View attachment 892921
A pair of fine fotos of your knives, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: That "Big Red" lambsfoot is striking!

Riveting, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Still with my pair, Beerbelly and Cadet.

OyLsjxg.jpg
Promising pair, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm still a little concerned that a superb sowbelly was sacrificed for your inventive creation :confused:, but there's no doubting the uniqueness of what you dreamed up in that Beerbelly! ;):thumbsup:

Been gone since Friday. Boy, do I have some catching up to do!!! I have these two with me today, a couple of the youngest Queens that I own: model 38B stockman (1976) and model 70 Country Cousin (1978).
j0oSMe9.jpg

- Stuart
Are those horn handles on both Queens, Stuart? Delightful dark duo! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Sorry to read that the fishing was less than ideal from a catching perspective. :(

I came back from Texas to find three new knives (which I’ll be showing over the next few days) and, thankfully, springtime here in northern Idaho.

We’re saving the best for first, my new Lick Creek Boy’s Knife dressed up in ebony.

u7tzfAB.jpg

Congrats, Karl! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing your remaining two new arrivals!

Impressive glamour shot, @cigarrodog !! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

An I*XL today...
xp8ZiR1.jpg
That's a splendid vintage knife, @mitch4ging !! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today's knife is a Standard natural bone Senator that Case calls an Eisenhower.

Holy Cow, Dean!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What a looker!

Alox for me this week is a Classic (thanks, Ken):
VoP00eg.jpg

SAK this week is not really a SAK, but it's a Vic Pocket Pal:
WPqvRKU.jpg

Bailed non-SAK is this Sheffield scout knife:
jO8QLnq.jpg

European (?) knife this week is from South Africa (geography not my strong suit):
288IQUt.jpg

- GT

Back