What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This one went in my pocket today. I've had it for a while, but it hasn't seen much use at all & needs some patina.
DSC_0041-X3.jpg

Lessons about personal taste learned. I looked at several saami knives during my trip. There were some that I liked, but those were expensive. Most were tourist knives, usable but many were tacky with bear paw/reindeer prints on the sheath. The expensive ones had leather/bone sheats with traditional saami figures carved in them. Still none of them felt really right to pay a three number price, minimum starting with 2.

But give me something like this any day of the week, it just feels right. So what I learned: trust your own taste and instincts.

WP_20150422_001_zpsuhvtauhd.jpg

Internet’s still messed up and won’t get anyone out till Friday. Here’s some belated Monday micarta to hold you over. I love how the colors compliment each other.

Top knife Lone Wolf/Loveless City Knife in maroon canvas micarta.

JD Ellis Lanny’s Clip natural canvas micarta scales with red linen micarta liners with a blue G10 frame and maroon linen micarta bolsters with a Sandvik 12C27

Bottom knife needs no introduction, last years Traditional Forum Knife.

rfpvAJa.jpg

E3cjgUm.jpg

That is truly a terrific trio! That Lanny’s clip especially gets my heart racing. Just wow.

All of a sudden, the tulips are shooting up. View attachment 893546

Spring has finally sprung here in northern Idaho as well, our tulips are up but not blooming, but our daffodils and hyacinths are just starting to put on their show :)

O3LWWsK.jpg

And this here is my very first peanut. Interestingly the quality on this item isn’t quite up to par with my other recent Case acquisitions. The edge on both blades was the worst I think I’ve received, and the burnt indigo jigged bone is a fair bit uglier than it was in the photos. That said, I got a nice edge on them both quick enough, and after flushing and oiling this knife has great walk and talk. I think I like the pattern but I need to get one with nicer covers for a peanut to jump into my pocket on a regular basis.

xmMA23b.jpg

Finally slogged through all the posts since I left last Friday, There have been some incredible knives, scenery, and stories posted!! I was lucky to be able to click "LIKE" as much as I did without a cramp. Today, I'm totin' twin Schrade Walden 2OTs for a two-fer on Twos-day. I'll be indoors most of the day (rain in our future here) and they'll ride in separate pockets. The Case 6207 will handle any cutting duties.

CySwdI1.jpg

eAF7fdt.jpg

rerHZH8.jpg

nsqn2g0.jpg

1wCIQej.jpg

ZFx0YQ6.jpg

- Stuart

Stuart, those are a marvel!

Thanks, Jeff. I posted the one on top in the Schrade forum back last August and you and a couple other members were kind enough to give me some of the history on the 2OT (the original Ole Timer, as I remember). I've been hooked on Blade Forums ever since. Thanks for that, too.
- Stuart

Back